$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 16th Dec 2023

Results 16th Dec 2023

This is a discussion for the topic Results 16th Dec 2023 on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Results 16th Dec 2023  (Read 2981 times)

omigidiant

• Legend
on: December 16, 2023, 05:16:34 PM
Glossop 0 - 36 Dronfield
Goole 37 - 20 Old Crossleyans
Old Brodleians 27 - 26 Bridlington
Rochdale 22 - 16 Morley
Scarborough 20 - 33 Moortown
Selby 41 - 10 Malton and Norton
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

kingofthewingers

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: December 16, 2023, 06:29:59 PM
Very surprised Brid gave that such a good go. Any news from mountain side?

Premier3

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: December 16, 2023, 07:14:49 PM
Think this is how it went
Brid playing down the mountain first half.
HT- Brods 10- Brid 24 with Brods crucially scoring a try with last play of first half
Brods crept back into game and scored with 2 mins to go
Brods had a poor day on lineout and holding on to the ball.
Brid never gave up but ran out of steam.
Get out of jail card played by Brods.

neverhadit

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: December 16, 2023, 08:24:33 PM
No real shocks today, other than Brid running Brods so close.
It’s always interesting to see how teams fare after the Xmas break. Teams seeking to survive, find a few new players to help them kick on towards surviving in the league.
Others, hoping to progress up the league.
Selby avoided a potential banana skin today, I’m not sure if Malton were able to field their strongest team today, whilst they never stopped playing, they were beaten by a team who didn’t give much away in defence and were able to punish Malton’s errors.
Here’s hoping that everyone enjoys their Xmas break and we see some great rugby in the new year.
Merry Xmas. 🎅

omigidiant

• Legend
Reply #4 on: December 16, 2023, 10:40:08 PM
Have to agree with Prem 3. Brid bossed the 1st half and were far and away the best side. Slowly Brods pulled back in the second half and only went in front at the end, and then held on in the last play of the match to take the win. Credit to Brods for the fight back but Brid must be kicking themselves letting the match slip away from them in a game they probably deserved to win.
Never argue with an idiot, he'll bring you down to his level and beat you with experience!

Dark Arts Advocate

• A little respect please...
Reply #5 on: December 18, 2023, 11:19:39 AM
Great to see Selby doing well.

A bit surprised that the Silver Royd contingent are no longer posting and giving match reports and updates?
Have no fear of perfection, you’ll never reach it.”

kingofthewingers

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: December 18, 2023, 03:28:54 PM
Sounds like it was a cracking game at Brods.

Good teams have that ability to get over the line and win potential banana skin games.

Bridlington to come our firing in January for a late surge up the table?

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #7 on: December 19, 2023, 06:53:13 PM
Great to see Selby doing well.

A bit surprised that the Silver Royd contingent are no longer posting and giving match reports and updates?

Ha! Is it really a surprise old man :)
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #8 on: December 20, 2023, 06:51:13 PM
Scarbs must have some positive stuff going on?
Even though the boys in the pitch are struggling.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #9 on: December 20, 2023, 07:57:54 PM
By every measure (other than current 1st XV mens results) Scarborough RUFC is outperforming expectations.

It's very outdated to determine the success of a rugby club by the results of the Men's 1st XV.  If that was the preferred metric then I could list dozens of clubs from level 1 downwards who have a 1st XV doing better than SRUFC...I could also list how many of them have no other senior teams or no junior setup of note and/or are close to bankruptcy.

With 2500 members, 500 players, 150 volunteers, 70 staff and a balance sheet of several million and growing I think we are doing ok. Regarding the 1st XV, we don't pay players and half our catchment area is fish....this means we have ups and downs. However, have you seen our colts??? Ouch!

Locked Out

• Legend
  • Life is serious enough...
Reply #10 on: December 21, 2023, 08:30:03 AM
Sounds like a very successful club to me!

Dark Arts Advocate

Reply #11 on: December 21, 2023, 05:04:26 PM
By every measure (other than current 1st XV mens results) Scarborough RUFC is outperforming expectations.

It's very outdated to determine the success of a rugby club by the results of the Men's 1st XV.  If that was the preferred metric then I could list dozens of clubs from level 1 downwards who have a 1st XV doing better than SRUFC...I could also list how many of them have no other senior teams or no junior setup of note and/or are close to bankruptcy.

With 2500 members, 500 players, 150 volunteers, 70 staff and a balance sheet of several million and growing I think we are doing ok. Regarding the 1st XV, we don't pay players and half our catchment area is fish....this means we have ups and downs. However, have you seen our colts??? Ouch!
So no Antipodeans being washed up on the marine drive anymore?

York are finally getting to understand the value of their youth section. Players returning to the club from higher levels as well as those who never left have contributed massively to their current lofty position.
Hopefully the same will happen for Scarborough if you get the right coaching in place for their continued development.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #12 on: December 22, 2023, 09:22:50 PM
Very happy with our coaching...

old style prop

• anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #13 on: December 23, 2023, 09:55:52 AM
BRB - Financially sound club, great facilities and a thriving junior and senior section to me sounds about the ideal situation for any club (in the grand scheme of things who gives a toss werether that is in Y1 or NE1). Its certainly the target we are aiming for as a club and if we end up in the same league next season i will certainly enjoy picking the brains of your committee and sharing ideas on how to achieve it. Have a great Christmas.

League status is only tempory, great facilities and a strong junior section are long term :)