$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Who's playing who this weekend?

Who's playing who this weekend?

This is a discussion for the topic Who's playing who this weekend? on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Who's playing who this weekend?  (Read 34189 times)

Burnsy

• A little respect please...
    • Twitter
Reply #15 on: August 21, 2011, 11:46:01 AM
Speaking of Dan Storey, he played 10 for us yesterday.
6 Nations Prediction League Winner Due To Botts Generosity 2011

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.

Family Guy

• One of the boys
  • who needs a six pack, i've got a firkin
Reply #16 on: August 21, 2011, 12:26:59 PM
Went down to watch Wath play Lincoln. Wath looked good against what was suppose to be a equivalent level NLD side. 67-7 to Wath final score.

His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #17 on: August 21, 2011, 04:18:40 PM
Went down to watch Wath play Lincoln. Wath looked good against what was suppose to be a equivalent level NLD side. 67-7 to Wath final score.

I think Wath are going to surprise a lot of Y2 teams this season!

Family Guy

• One of the boys
  • who needs a six pack, i've got a firkin
Reply #18 on: August 21, 2011, 04:52:50 PM
Don,t want to sound negative, it was good result, game played a good pace and generally well organised . But the quality of the opposition was about mid table Y3 level. Wath were very good at times and pressured opposition into mistakes, but gave away a lot of penalties, that in a league game would have meant at least 1 yellow. I think they would have liked a bit more of a test, as talking to their coach he is under no illusion that this year will be a test league wise compared to last year, and with them being in the national vase competition will they have a eye on that?

SkippyScrum

• Forum old hand
  • We came, we saw, we had tea & scones.
Reply #19 on: August 22, 2011, 12:30:37 PM
Skipton beat Wigan on Saturday, a good match, end to end stuff with our youngster Lucas Wooten in fine form.

PhoenixWeasel

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Allez le phoenix!
Reply #20 on: August 22, 2011, 12:42:28 PM
Doncaster phoenix play Pontefract this weekend

The Mole

Reply #21 on: August 22, 2011, 01:25:55 PM
Big thankyou to Phoenix for coming to Hemsworth yesterday, without doubt Phoenix will be a handfull for anyone this season, much stronger unit than YMCA who we played last week, sort tour scrum out though , even without dan storey they looked reasonably sharp and had good continuity, support play excellent and passing at pace  also good , many thanks again and good luck this year Drew

We were a bit dissapointed with our performance to be honest Mark, but it did at the very least give 25 players a 1st run out of the season. I thought your boys showed some promise and you've got a few potential game breakers in your squad but id say your main area of weakness was knowledge and  discipline at the breakdown (a few league players id hazard a guess at) having said that if you can get your outside backs running off your 10 you'll cause problems for the opposition in Y4. From our point of view we never really got going out wide, which was frustrating. Thanks for taking the fixture at short notice.

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #22 on: August 22, 2011, 10:14:41 PM

I think Wath are going to surprise a lot of Y2 teams this season!

no1 will be surprised, all i've heard on here is how great they will be. whether people stop them may be another issue. but i for 1 wont be surprised if we lose to any one
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

Batman

Reply #23 on: August 23, 2011, 08:04:45 AM
Nice and confident way to start a new season
WHRUFC.

Fireman Sam

• One of the boys
Reply #24 on: August 23, 2011, 02:35:13 PM
Lincoln Report v Wath!

http://www.lincolnrugbyclub.co.uk/s/results-reports-46087

A precis:

With injuries, illness and unavailability decimating selection it was very much a development side that went up the A1 to Wath upon Dearne on Saturday. You know what you are going to get from any Yorkshire side, and with around 12 probable ‘A’ squad players not available for various reasons, it was always going to be a tough ask.  etc etc

It is a disappointing result, but there are a number of positives to take from this game.

Nice to see that they can get positives out of being humiliated 67-7! The convered try?

Also who was this?

The comedy moment of the day saw a Wath player break through the Lincoln defence, run clear under the posts, but a sudden and unexpected attack of “cramp” combined with a tackle from Ben Cummings saw the ball knocked out of his hands and no try.

BR

• Finding my feet
Reply #25 on: August 23, 2011, 02:52:56 PM
Doncaster phoenix play Pontefract this weekend

has anyone played vs Pontefract, what are they like as a team?

His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #26 on: August 23, 2011, 02:53:09 PM
If Lincoln had retained a number of their lads who would now be in the 19/20 age group they had the making of a very strong senior set-up. At my son's age group (currently 19), they had a devastating sets of players - the Dinnington lads entered NLD League 1 as U18 Colts, and finished 3rd - but, in each game with Lincoln they were beaten by 60+ points. I know some of their lads went off to academies, I suppose that's they way of the world when you have such a talented set of young lads.

Wath-scribe

• Finding my feet
Reply #27 on: August 23, 2011, 02:56:01 PM
"Also who was this?

The comedy moment of the day saw a Wath player break through the Lincoln defence, run clear under the posts, but a sudden and unexpected attack of “cramp” combined with a tackle from Ben Cummings saw the ball knocked out of his hands and no try."

Our full back 19 years old, he had a very good game that moment aside but he will not be allowed to live that down for a very long time!

Fireman Sam

• One of the boys
Reply #28 on: August 23, 2011, 05:22:35 PM
Quote from Lincolns report!

"Stand out performances included Ben Cummings, (who, like canine faeces, was everywhere)"

Hope this is not a sign of things to come - get it sorted Wath!

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #29 on: August 23, 2011, 06:15:43 PM
Nice and confident way to start a new season
i am confident. i just know we aint a promotion challenging side, realistic to know if we have a strong squad, decent weeks training and turn up with right attitude no team will be save from us. by the same token, availabilities, bad day at office against a good team and i know we'll struggle. fully expect both this season. be more surprised if we lost to all top teams, beat all teams below us and was highly competitive with all mid table teams.
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber