$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Yorkshire silver trophy results/draw

Yorkshire silver trophy results/draw

This is a discussion for the topic Yorkshire silver trophy results/draw on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Yorkshire silver trophy results/draw  (Read 4457 times)

davidcoates

• Finding my feet
on: August 28, 2011, 08:38:47 AM
Does anyone know where there is an up to date draw/results page for this competition as the Yorkshire website is out of date and quite a few games have already taken place.
yesterdays YST result from Bramley  was Bramley 51 Ossett 13

Ossett 9 no more

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: August 28, 2011, 09:04:36 AM
At the risk of being pedantic the referee said the score was 49-13
No , I cant find any other results either
Ossett played well yesterday , particually with ball in hand and in the scrum
Bramley were very good all game long , line out was exceptional and they also off loaded very well
They also had the stand out player in the scrum half , who was as good as anything I have seen in a long time , it was a shame our first choice 9 couldnt play (broken fingers) that would have been a good little competition
Good luck to Bramley for the rest of the YST and for the rest of the season

davidcoates

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: August 28, 2011, 09:35:48 AM
I wasn't trying to be in anyway disrespectful I can only go by the match card the Ref filled in and gave me  which I have just sent in I thought You're forwards were very strong in throughout and took quite a lot of our ball both in the rucks and scrums, that said I thought you're stand out players were the 15 and the 17, the only player we could say that was missing for us was the flyhalf who has a badly cut foot and couldn't play but the lad that came in for us from the colts did a decent job anyway and played well until he dislocated his shoulder. All the best for the rest of the season.

Ossett Coach (no more)

• Legend
Reply #3 on: August 28, 2011, 12:52:04 PM
Def was 51-13. I was keeping tabs on score as desperate to keep it under 50 but never mind - wasnt from any lack of effort.

Funny old game - dont think Bramley got out of their half in the first 15 mins and we could have quite easily been 10-0 up instead of only 3-0. Once Bramley woke up I have to admit that they were very impressive. Set piece wasnt anything spectacular but the speed of attack, offloading and fitness was superior to ours. As already said the Bramley 9 was the best player i have come across in quite some time - think he socred a couple and was instrumental in majority of others.

Losing our hooker and 7 after 20 mins with cuts to the head certainly didnt help. Meant that every Ossett forward except one was over 30 which wasnt ideal in such a quick game - but thats the way it goes sometimes!! We had our normal 9, 7 and 2 all on holiday or working too. Not an excuse as that is par for the course in our league. They are all back next week but 5 more of the starting lineup from Saturday are not available!!!

Thought the game illustarted difference between Y3 and Y4 - younger, faster and fitter. Ossett did themselves proud though and the match will set us up for our campaign in Yorks 4.

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #4 on: September 11, 2011, 02:05:31 PM
Draw is on September 20th.