$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Blowing the whistle on the whistleblowers

Blowing the whistle on the whistleblowers

This is a discussion for the topic Blowing the whistle on the whistleblowers on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Blowing the whistle on the whistleblowers  (Read 34797 times)

The whistle Blower

• Forum old hand
Reply #30 on: October 11, 2011, 07:58:01 AM
If it was the player never touched the full back it was just a bad kick as you said earlier. It was his precence that made your full back shank it straight to the opposition

hiding2nowhere

• Finding my feet
Reply #31 on: October 11, 2011, 08:29:23 AM
That's not what 40 other people saw on the day. Well anyway..... done is done.

TMO

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #32 on: October 11, 2011, 08:36:48 AM
There is never 8 people watching at rowntrees. Are you high on the cocoa fumes again. I think that you should appreciate a good ref when you have one.

Anyhow shouldn't you post this in yorkshire 5
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 08:39:12 AM by TMO »
http://www.whitbyrugbyclub.co.uk/
@whitbyref
info@whitbyrugbyclub.co.uk

hiding2nowhere

• Finding my feet
Reply #33 on: October 11, 2011, 11:10:58 AM
So when was the last time you were down at the Trees TMO?
Thread wasn't in the Y5 area....... anyway everyone loves a good moan at a ref, wouldn't wanna be one myself however;)

TMO

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #34 on: October 11, 2011, 11:13:23 AM
Every year for the last 10 years. Binned your gobby 10 last time
http://www.whitbyrugbyclub.co.uk/
@whitbyref
info@whitbyrugbyclub.co.uk

propidol

• Finding my feet
Reply #35 on: October 11, 2011, 05:03:50 PM
goole 2nds an bev 4ths had a very young ref, is there an age that refs have to be? he didnt take any stick missed a few things for both teams but we have had far worse! Just needs a bit on nurturing off some good! older refs Good on him though for havig a go!

boing

• One of the boys
Reply #36 on: October 11, 2011, 06:27:42 PM
Bev 4ths?  Do you mean the Bandits?  Most of them are playing in the first team if the tales of their injury woes are to be believed.  I suspect I know who the ref you're talking about is.  A touch nervy, seems to have a grasp of the rules but unsure of the application at times and over reacts when the handbags get brought out.  Its tricky for 18 year olds to adapt to playing mens rugby, it must be harder for a kid who's never played senior rugby to get a grip of the game as a ref and have a bit of empathy for the players but fair play to him for giving it a go.  I always doubt someone who hasn't played the game will go far as a ref.

WL XIII

• A little respect please...
  • "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #37 on: October 12, 2011, 12:17:33 PM
i thought ref was good sat. and if i'm honest thought the score was a probs what everyone deserved. we started well and blew hull away. but then switched off for 40 mins and let hull take  a 27 17 lead, we rallied and got close to a win. obviously we was disappointed the game ended when it did because you guys were leaking points for fun and we was back in the mood to take advantage of it. the time left mix up only effected us because 27 23 we already had the bonus point so had we been aware there was less time we probs would have gone for the corner and outright win. as it was we had our kicker smashing them over for fun we chanced getting another score in remainin time.
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

The Claw

• Finding my feet
Reply #38 on: October 12, 2011, 06:13:46 PM
Fairish summary of the game West Leeds Hooker. My impression of West Leeds is they're not going to win the league BUT I would not be surprised to hear they'd beaten any of the other Y2 teams (eg Pock last year). I'm sure you're kicker has played before and wasn't as good as on Saturday - has he just taken over kicking duties or was it a good day for him?

WL XIII

Reply #39 on: October 12, 2011, 06:52:38 PM
he's a youngster, just cutting his teeth, if his kicking was off last time it was props down to nerves and inexperience, get used to seeing him smashing them over.. he calls himself very unmodestly the team PM (points machine) and he did play you at your last season, tackled pretty well that day, but we didn't get many opportunities to kick at goal then.
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Master West

• Forum old hand
Reply #40 on: October 12, 2011, 06:55:09 PM
he could kick a peanut through a key hole..... thats when he aint spooning with the winger that is  ;D
some people are wise and some otherwise

* all thoughts are my own and and do not reflect the thoughts of west leeds RUFC *

WL XIII

Reply #41 on: October 12, 2011, 07:01:51 PM
*cough cough*
centre (no me)

The whistle Blower

• Forum old hand
Reply #42 on: October 12, 2011, 09:21:52 PM
how did this  get from referees to west leeds players?

WL XIII

Reply #43 on: October 13, 2011, 08:18:30 AM
The 2 are inexplicably linked.

Who's favourite to ref RWC final then? 

taff

• One of the boys
Reply #44 on: October 13, 2011, 04:03:31 PM
if Wales where lucky enough to get in final,i would like Joubert(non Wales final Owen)