$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 2 teams on the up?

Author Topic: 2 teams on the up?  (Read 3097 times)

Offline speed11

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
2 teams on the up?
« on: February 01, 2011, 10:02:18 AM »
Both Northallerton and Thorn have had impressive wins of late over team higher than them in the league, Norths is a hard place to go and win and has been for years there scrum always solid and the pack robust. Thorne seem to use there back more than most in this league and have pace there to do it.

Thoughts on best ways to beat them?

Antichrist

Re: 2 teams on the up?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 01:10:50 PM »
Thorne ban them from the league and Northallerton are lancashire.

Offline Wrufc

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2011, 01:47:01 PM »
Undoubtedly North are strongest in the pack, match them there and you'll be fine.

Offline AireRUFC

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 07:57:31 PM »
I did n't realise anyone from Aireborough suggested that we thought we would go up?

Offline Arran Tasker

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 10:16:37 PM »
Deleted comment, i completely got wrong end of that. In fact, i dunno why i put that i must have been thinking of other things  :-\

Offline AireRUFC

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2011, 01:28:51 PM »
I am interested to know though why you were so dismissive of our chance of being promoted.

Wath are by far the strongest team in the league but barring that i think Ourselves Baildon, Goole, Rotherham and Bramley are much of a muchness.

I would fancy our chance at home against any of these teams and have yet to play Baildon away but beat Rotherham at there place and narrowly lost to Bramley (in a game we dominated)

Not saying we will get promoted but stranger things have happened if we beat Baildon twice and Goole and Bramley at our place (all of which are definately possible) Saying that i dont think we would want to get promoted, we dont have a strong enough squad and a couple of injuries and we struggle to pick a half decent bench

Offline Wrufc

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2011, 01:37:36 PM »
I completely agree Aire and think it's brilliant to have such a tightly fought contest. Wath are by no means assured of promotion, the snow lay off dented our run and we still need to get back on to firing on all cylinders and we have some very tough games yet to come.

Bet nobody dare make a prediction for the end of season!!!

Offline AireRUFC

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2011, 02:49:19 PM »
Some modesty there from Wath?

I think your boys are a shoe in for promotion, from what i have seen you are by far the best team in the league. We have n't played Baildon yet but from there results they look like they are strong but nothing spectacular.

I think we will have a strong end to the season though and claim a top 4 finish.

If i was n't out injured then we would have been certain of promotion.

Offline Arran Tasker

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2011, 03:17:52 PM »
It is only my opinion, but for me Baildon have gone from strength to strength, minus some results. I think Gooles 2 game advantage could turn the tied on 2nd place promotion. It probably places them in a stronger position.

Of course, Wath have Goole to play at Goole still and we havent even played Bramley Phoenix this season, so of course anything could happen.