$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 10th dec results

Author Topic: 10th dec results  (Read 3378 times)

Offline The Mole

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
Re: 10th dec results
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 09:05:31 AM »
Barnsley 42 - 20 West Leeds   
Bradford Salem 41 - 3 Ripon   
Doncaster Phoenix 35 - 10 Skipton   
Goole 12 - 19 Moortown   
Leodiensian P  Wath Upon Dearne   
Selby 20 - 19 Hullensians   
Yarnbury 9 - 24 West Park Leeds

So Goole get their 1st point of the year albeit a losing one, I thought they'd have enough in heavy conditions to beat a poor Moortown pack, but obviously not! Any comments from Goole?

Offline SlyGammon

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2011, 10:24:07 AM »
Think I am one of the only people on the forum from Goole, and i don't even play for them until next season. I would like to know what actually happened it looked like it should have surely been a win especially in the bad weather!

Offline PhoenixWeasel

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Allez le phoenix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2011, 10:29:01 AM »
How can you say it should have surely been a win for Goole when you have not got a point all season until now?

Offline Yiphee

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2011, 10:31:40 AM »
Barnsley 42 - 20 West Leeds   
Bradford Salem 41 - 3 Ripon   
Doncaster Phoenix 35 - 10 Skipton   
Goole 12 - 19 Moortown   
Leodiensian P  Wath Upon Dearne   
Selby 20 - 19 Hullensians   
Yarnbury 9 - 24 West Park Leeds

So Goole get their 1st point of the year albeit a losing one, I thought they'd have enough in heavy conditions to beat a poor Moortown pack, but obviously not! Any comments from Goole?

We had moortown on the back foot fo 80% of the time, we had three tries disallowed due to their coach "reffing" the game . it was actually difficult to see where the ref started and their coach began. Moortown had a very good 13 who had great pace and was able to create gaps which got them their scores, We had them beat but with the ref against us we had no chance.
 I have never met a coach that is so arrogant/ iggnorant to players and spectators.
Greatful we got a point but it should of been 5 points but at least we have started lol ::)
All good things come to those that wait..

Offline SlyGammon

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2011, 10:37:21 AM »
How can you say it should have surely been a win for Goole when you have not got a point all season until now?

Home game against a team that has been smashed week in week out for the last few games to me sounds like a win on the cards. I have only seen results not games so I didn't know what either team has been playing like. Just my personal thoughts that from recent results Goole looked like the favourites.

Offline The Mole

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2011, 11:02:12 AM »
Yiphee, your not the 1st and no doubt wont be the last to make such comments regarding the Moortown coach, but surley he can't have had such an influence over the game from the sideline?

Offline boing

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 12, 2011, 11:09:55 AM »
I have no idea how the little scrote could positively influence anyone? 
And he was so quiet at our place. 

Offline Yiphee

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2011, 12:20:03 PM »
Yiphee, your not the 1st and no doubt wont be the last to make such comments regarding the Moortown coach, but surley he can't have had such an influence over the game from the sideline?
I would not of thought anyone could of made such a difference but him and that ref looked very friendly talking on sidelines at line outs etc . Could not believe what i was seeing , got to one point and i asked the little scroat to put his boots on and run his mouth on the pitch.  ;D,
Dissapointing loss but it made a great difference to our game having our regular 10 back.
All good things come to those that wait..