$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 17.12

Results 17.12

This is a discussion for the topic Results 17.12 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Results 17.12  (Read 6650 times)

westpark leg end.

• One of the boys
Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 01:08:40 PM
How was the refereeing in Halifax vandals vs whete medics? Hes tipped for big things.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

shrekane

Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 02:17:13 PM
Calling the ref dosnt, enhance the clubs reputation,everyone gets bad calls its just some deal with it better,and they get more respect in return?

Raymond

Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 08:47:29 PM
Ref at vandals v medics was superb. Best ref we've had for as far back as I remember. controlled the game very well, let things flow and i honestly cannot remember him getting a single decision wrong.

pinkshirtedwhistler

• Legend
Reply #18 on: December 20, 2011, 05:51:57 PM
I would like to take the plaudits for officiating on the Vandals game, but it wasn't me so I can't!!  :(

For those interested in the appointments they are listed on YRS.co.uk, and they are listed there by area.

As for refs being abused, it does a couple of things:
1. It certainly does affect the reputation of the club, and the Disciplinary Panel certainly remembers serial offenders before them!
2. In future games such behaviour can actually inhibit the team abusing the ref more than anyone. Generally, it is like water off a ducks back to most referees, we can not let every jaundiced opinon get to us and stay with us, no matter how severe. Otherwise we would all be jacking in fairly quickly!  However a team can turn up, see the referee, and work themselves up believing that previous history will be held against them by the referee. Referees tend to be too engrossed in the game to allow previous events to prey on their mind, particularly when the referee is operating at, or very close to his graded level.

Time off

• Forum old hand
Reply #19 on: December 20, 2011, 08:17:59 PM
Raymond - you have fallem into West Park Leg End's trap I fear....

as i believe he was the ref!!! and he likes to write his own press releases!!!  :)

T Rex

• A little respect please...
Reply #20 on: December 20, 2011, 08:29:11 PM
Or is he taking the p**s
ATTITUDE - life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it