$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 17/12/11 results

Author Topic: 17/12/11 results  (Read 6103 times)

Offline Dax11

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
17/12/11 results
« on: December 17, 2011, 05:36:58 PM »
Hullensians   23 - 16   Barnsley    
Moortown   18 - 50   Bradford Salem    
Ripon   20 - 18   Leodiensian    
Skipton    P   Selby    
Wath Upon Dearne   28 - 13   Doncaster Phoenix    
West Leeds   23 - 28   Yarnbury    
West Park Leeds   33 - 17   Goole    

Offline Yiphee

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
Re: 17/12/11 results
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 08:08:05 PM »
Great game today at WPL, Goole had total forward domination, but silly errors  A VERY VERY POOR REF cost them the game..
  Thanks WPL for a great game, good luck for rest of season.. ;)
  Merry Christmas
All good things come to those that wait..

Offline inthemiddle

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2011, 10:16:53 PM »
Did the ref score any points or miss any tackles?

Offline DALE 3

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2011, 10:20:06 PM »
Made me lol ;D

Offline Tasker

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2011, 10:34:38 PM »
Got to finally meet Pole and Vole, but Mole went and miss out on a free pint
The artist formally known as Wath-Youngster

Offline Yiphee

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2011, 08:26:25 AM »
Did the ref score any points or miss any tackles?
Yeah he gave you some very dodgy pens nd one try from base of scrum it had gone a full 180 and he still let ya play very weird.
 but i can honestly say i enjoyed the game and that the score was not a reflection of the game . ::)

Offline westpark leg end.

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2011, 08:28:44 AM »
Goole did in fact play very well yesterday, however we never got going and never really looked like losing the game.
The comment as regards the ref is an interesting one, what part of the game did he ref so poorly that stopped goole winning?
Had he reffed the breakdown like 85% of the refs we've had this year there is little doubt that Goole would have taken a fair hiding, in my opinion. Pick, drive lay on top of the ball, and repeat. going off your feet at every oppurtunity to slow the game hardly constitutes total domination.
Happy xmas.

Offline Yiphee

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2011, 08:55:16 AM »
Goole did in fact play very well yesterday, however we never got going and never really looked like losing the game.
The comment as regards the ref is an interesting one, what part of the game did he ref so poorly that stopped goole winning?
Had he reffed the breakdown like 85% of the refs we've had this year there is little doubt that Goole would have taken a fair hiding, in my opinion. Pick, drive lay on top of the ball, and repeat. going off your feet at every oppurtunity to slow the game hardly constitutes total domination.
Happy xmas.

Your club secretary's/ Chairman word not mine. :)

Offline Veritas

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2011, 12:10:25 PM »
Great game today at WPL, Goole had total forward domination, but silly errors  ...
  ;)

This total domination of which you speak, was that before or after West Park scored 4 tries to take a 26 v 0 lead?
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you are right.

Offline Bumsludge

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
17/12/11 results
« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2011, 01:48:02 PM »

Offline Yiphee

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2011, 07:29:21 AM »
Great game today at WPL, Goole had total forward domination, but silly errors  ...
  ;)

This total domination of which you speak, was that before or after West Park scored 4 tries to take a 26 v 0 lead?
It was your very pacey backs that did the damage to Goole and silly errors on our behalf. But our forward were way too strong for your forwards  hence "FORWARD DOMINATION"   ;D

On a seperate note i must say you have the best ground set up and club house i have visited in a long while.

Offline The Mole

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2011, 09:05:13 AM »
Got to finally meet Pole and Vole, but Mole went and miss out on a free pint

Sorry to miss you WY, had to get off earlyish with my lift. Had some of the very good after match grub though, didnt quite make up for only managing 10 minutes of the match!

On to the match, Wath were deserved winners without really playing that well. As expected they won the physical battle up front. I was impressed with how their handfull of strong ball carriers in the pack worked well off 9 and10, obviously something that has been worked hard on at training. We missed our 10 and tighthead (which meant a reluctant appearance at prop for our 6) but not sure it would have changed the result on the day.   

Have a good Christmas all. :-*

Offline The Vole

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
    • Conference Call
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2011, 09:08:57 AM »
  ;)

It was your very pacey backs that did the damage to Goole and silly errors on our behalf. But our forward were way too strong for your forwards  hence "FORWARD DOMINATION"   ;D

On a seperate note i must say you have the best ground set up and club house i have visited in a long while.

I wasn't there but I find it hard to believe that a team can have total forward domination and still lose by a hefty margin.

WPL's forwards must have won some ball to allow their backs to do the damage! If not then Goole's game management must have been pretty bad to allow them so much ball despite having the edge in the forwards!

Offline Grumpy1

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 09:28:12 AM »
Have just read the Hullesians report - a very fair and accurate piece.
Best side won - now do it to the other 'contenders', please.

Offline Yiphee

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 09:29:01 AM »
  ;)

I wasn't there but I find it hard to believe that a team can have total forward domination and still lose by a hefty margin.

WPL's forwards must have won some ball to allow their backs to do the damage! If not then Goole's game management must have been pretty bad to allow them so much ball despite having the edge in the forwards!

To be honest they scored off our utter prop ups , they did well in drawing our forwards in and banging the ball out wide into the backs to score. they intercepted a pass which was shocking by our 10 !.
The score line does not do the game any justice to be fare  it was a good enjoyable game !