$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 17/12/11 results

Author Topic: 17/12/11 results  (Read 6104 times)

Offline The Vole

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
    • Conference Call
Re: 17/12/11 results
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2011, 09:38:23 AM »
Also just to add that I have to agree with Mole on the match... Wath were deserved winners. I was disappointed with the referee who was clueless at the breakdown; but he was just as bad for both sides and Wath adapted better.

Offline The Mole

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2011, 09:39:43 AM »
Good teams (or even competetive teams) convert territory and possession into points. If what your saying is true and you had a decent share of the ball and dominated up front then the result infact looks even worse.

Offline marky mark

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2011, 10:16:36 AM »
Poor game at wath yesterday, wath deserved winners and should have got the bonus, Phoenix however had chances to score bit took the wrong option at times, Phoenix tight head was eaten for breakfast and I bet he doesn't fancy that again, young Tasker played well in the back row and phoenix left wing never ever looses his class, that's when you brought him on, neve a yellow card but a great swan dive, had to laugh at that, I am sure with the missing players in it would have otherwise been a good game, comfortable win for wath without getting into second gear, it's hard to play without a solid scrum
If at first you dont succeed give in your probably rubbish !

Offline boing

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2011, 10:27:20 AM »
Have just read the Hullesians report - a very fair and accurate piece.
Best side won - now do it to the other 'contenders', please.
Leo's for example?

Offline The Mole

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2011, 10:44:04 AM »
Poor game at wath yesterday, wath deserved winners and should have got the bonus, Phoenix however had chances to score bit took the wrong option at times, Phoenix tight head was eaten for breakfast and I bet he doesn't fancy that again, young Tasker played well in the back row and phoenix left wing never ever looses his class, that's when you brought him on, neve a yellow card but a great swan dive, had to laugh at that, I am sure with the missing players in it would have otherwise been a good game, comfortable win for wath without getting into second gear, it's hard to play without a solid scrum

Fair comments marky mark, the classy winger turned up at training for the 1st time in a long while on Thursday hoping to get a run out with the 2's but suddenly found himself on the bench. His trapping of a high ball with his foot whilst sliding over the ground just proved that he very rarley gets anything wrong, even at 40 and with a gingery grey beard! Aren't some people annoying!

Offline The Vole

• View Profile
    • Conference Call
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2011, 10:49:13 AM »

Yes about right Mark! In fairness the prop did say in the pub later on that he was second best to his opposite number! Although he has played at loose head all season; he had to move to tight head to accomodate the loose head who played as our tight head was injured on Saturday - no excuses though, Wath deserved the win.

Offline PhoenixWeasel

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Allez le phoenix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2011, 11:48:26 AM »
Yeah Totally agree with all comments wath were good for there win on saturday they just had too much for us up front! Good to meet Wath youngster thanks for the pint! ill return the favour at our place that is if your still in our league next yr as i can really see you pushing on now and going up again. good luck for the rest of the season.

Offline WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2011, 12:46:25 PM »
Vagisil Y2 championship

this week overall
5pts boing Mole 85
BumS         splinter 76
sherlock    knockin on 75
4pts reg    WLL 72
WLL           sailby 72
WRUFC      craglad 72
K on          boing 71
goosey      BumS 71
master W  batman 70
3pts mole  WRUFC 69
pole           pole 69
sailby         infidel 69
skip            skip 66
yiphee        sherlock 50
crag lad      yiphee 48
batman      adam west 44
infidel         reg 21
sly pig        sly gammon 12
2pts vole    BR 12
splinter       Milk 6
BR               goosey 4

*swingsand 4
                    *fatlad        3

* still awaiting a public apologies for insults to the inaugural Vagisil Y2 championship competition.
warnings. milk 1st strike. hat-trick of west leeds boys been given the boot today, the shame  :o cheese, wl newbie, wl star
welcome to grey goose

It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

Offline The Mole

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2011, 01:09:27 PM »
Better admin this week, much appreciated

Offline young goolie

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2011, 09:04:50 PM »
i dont think the west park leeds scrum went forward once! it was backwards all the time , i i know when i came on in the 2nd row with 20 mins left we pushed WPL off the ball most of the time, very enjoyable game tho

Offline propidol

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2011, 09:14:19 AM »
didnt go to the game but a Goole player told me some wpl lads came in there changing room after the game an congratulated them on a great game, now thats class, well done wpl lads because we all know theres so big chips on shoulders at certain y2 clubs!

Offline Veritas

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2011, 10:05:09 AM »
I am pleased for you Young Goolie but do you think that a major part of the reason that your scrum was going forward was that WPL were down to 7 men for most of that period as first the No 6, then the No 8 received yellow cards? They were largely due to your forwards going over the ball at every breakdown and being allowed to do so by a lenient referee. The cards came when the WPL forwards tried to compete for the ball but were penalised for doing so. Fair play, you adapt to the ref's interpretation on the day.

Having said that, the Goole pack played very well. especially in the scrums. However, I think you will agree that they were a clear second best in the line outs, think back to the first try. Hardly surprising as the home lineout had three men of 6ft 6" or more.

Now if only your backs could catch or hold onto a rugby ball and learn to tackle you might chalk up that elusive first win.

The Goole spirit was impressive for a side propping up the table. I genuinely hope that you grab a win or two before the season is over. All the best.
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you are right.

Offline Yiphee

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2011, 10:28:19 AM »
didnt go to the game but a Goole player told me some wpl lads came in there changing room after the game an congratulated them on a great game, now thats class, well done wpl lads because we all know theres so big chips on shoulders at certain y2 clubs!

Yes massive credit to wpl for this , it was a great game and the better team won the game , Just hope we can get some wins to try and stay up !
 all the best Merry Christmas
All good things come to those that wait..

Offline Si Kaymore

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2011, 03:56:25 PM »
I can't comment on the WPL v Goole game specifically but having played against Goole I think their pack has the aggression to impose themselves on an opposition pack but lack the skill-set and physicality to really 'dominate'. Good to hear there is some festive gamesmenship from the WPL lads, maybe we could all learn from them???!

Big congrats to the Ripon boys at the weekend... great result, great performance.

;D