$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; West Leeds -

West Leeds -

This is a discussion for the topic West Leeds - on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: West Leeds -  (Read 36864 times)

andyn

• Forum old hand
Reply #75 on: January 16, 2012, 01:49:47 PM
So why no mention of Dinnington as they were in the same disciplinary panel minutes?

I think we all know why.......Its Lord Botts club!!

I nominated him in his thread for New Years Honours List as "A**selicker of the Year" and you have just confirmed it. 

Instead of coming out with bulls**t comments and insults all the time, it is about time he answered direct questions.  So far he has avoided answering any of the questions about why he has a problem with West Leeds and why he has singled out your club.

Correct....I think we all would like to know what we have done to him.

SkippyScrum

• Forum old hand
  • We came, we saw, we had tea & scones.
Reply #76 on: January 16, 2012, 02:42:03 PM
Posted By TMO in mid December, the Bad Boys of Yorks Rugby :

Well 3 months of Disciplinaries!

The bad Boys of Yorkshire rugby so far

Dinnington 4
Castleford 3
Hornsea 3
Hessle 3
Hemsworth 2
Old Mods 2
Redcar 2
Richmondshire 2
Bramley 2
York RI 2
Old Mods 2
Wath 1
Pontefract 1
Sandal 1
Stanley rods 1
Beverley 1
YMCA 1
Hullensians 1
Keighley 1
Thorne 1
Sheffield 1
North Ribb 1
Leos 1
Old Crocs 1
Salem 1
Rishworth 1
Old Otley 1

I know some were for 2 yellow cards but they equal red!

Still alot of verbals going on!

http://www.yrs.co.uk/September%20Disciplinary.pdf

http://www.yrs.co.uk/October%20Disciplinary.pdf

http://www.yrs.co.uk/October%20Disciplinary%20(1).pdf

http://www.yrs.co.uk/November%20Disciplinary.pdf

This doesn't include the December disciplinary, but you will notice a lack of West Leeds in the above list and from my understanding the WL situation has been dealt with by the club in the correct manner.  So, we must therefore ask the question, does WL have a Club Culture as suggested by YE??   I think no is the answer !

Murdock

• A little respect please...
Reply #77 on: January 16, 2012, 02:43:54 PM
I'm the rods 1 and it was deserved
bazinga

T Rex

Reply #78 on: January 16, 2012, 02:52:54 PM
Thanks for putting it all in perspective SkippyScrum.  So West Leeds are not the bad boys and you read it as I did - that they were in the process of dealing with it to the satisfaction of YRFU.  It is a comprehensive list and I forgot that one of our lads from Thorne got red-carded.  The sending-off for him was a little harsh and there was another guy sent off for verbally abusing the ref when playing at Old Rishworthians but he does not figure in the lists (yet). 

So YE - how come you have such a downer on West Leeds?
ATTITUDE - life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it

boing

• One of the boys
Reply #79 on: January 16, 2012, 02:55:32 PM
Haven't you lot put your toys back in your prams yet? 

SkippyScrum

• Forum old hand
Reply #80 on: January 16, 2012, 02:58:08 PM
Thanks for putting it all in perspective SkippyScrum.  So West Leeds are not the bad boys and you read it as I did - that they were in the process of dealing with it to the satisfaction of YRFU.  It is a comprehensive list and I forgot that one of our lads from Thorne got red-carded.  The sending-off for him was a little harsh and there was another guy sent off for verbally abusing the ref when playing at Old Rishworthians but he does not figure in the lists (yet).

Essentially, if a club has a "Culture" , it will show itself both on the pitch with the players as well as incidents off the pitch which may not include player/coaches but the supporters. One doylem of a supporter does not a "Club Culture" make, and certainly there are other contenders out there where such a Culture could be perceived to exist !!

Ye, your club in that list? (yes Skipton gets a mention in December before you highlight it.

YorkshireExile

Reply #81 on: January 16, 2012, 03:11:22 PM

So YE - how come you have such a downer on West Leeds?

TR, why do you describe the original post as "such a downer on West Leeds"? It simply raised the fact that this season's relatively poor 1st XV performance had been compounded by disciplinary problems that had forced the County Disciplinary Committee into action.

I found the responses quite comical, claiming that WL were very pleased with this season so far and anyway, the disciplinary problems were only for spectators abusing the referee in a second team match................ Oh, well that's alright then!

My subsequent replies have been to point out that if there is no acknowledgement of a problem, you will never make any improvement. Very simple, however, you and several of your playmates seem to find this too complex an issue to grasp and therefore resort to childish insults. There is no attempt by any of you to answer the points raised in a sensible manner. That indicates that the required intellectual capacity needed to engage in a mature adult debate is frankly beyond you. Just look at your own rather pathetic contributions! Try making a sensible response, without resorting to name calling or insults, but one that addresses the issue raised. I'm sure you can do it if you try a bit harder.
Winner of the Pundits League 2012-13
Runner-up 2014-2015

YorkshireExile

Reply #82 on: January 16, 2012, 03:24:57 PM

Essentially, if a club has a "Culture" , it will show itself both on the pitch with the players as well as incidents off the pitch which may not include player/coaches but the supporters. One doylem of a supporter does not a "Club Culture" make, and certainly there are other contenders out there where such a Culture could be perceived to exist !!

Ye, your club in that list? (yes Skipton gets a mention in December before you highlight it.

I raised the issue of culture following BRB's sad story of the conduct of senior representatives of the West Leeds club. Your point is absolutely accurate if there is only one issue, but no-one has denied what happened to BRB, therefore, it is legitimate to question the culture of a club where such behaviour is exhibited.
Runner-up 2014-2015

T Rex

Reply #83 on: January 16, 2012, 03:32:06 PM
Not just me, others dear boy and there is no point responding in the way you do - just answer the question - why do you have a problem with West Leeds?

I speak as I find - you cannot help being who or what you are.  Your misinterpretation of the situation at West Leeds is mischevious and you must have your reasons for that. I look at West leeds and view the situation on the basis that if it isn't broke don't fix it.  This is clearly what SkippyScrum has shown so why do you have a problem with West Leeds?   

T Rex

Reply #84 on: January 16, 2012, 03:34:19 PM

I raised the issue of culture following BRB's sad story of the conduct of senior representatives of the West Leeds club. Your point is absolutely accurate if there is only one issue, but no-one has denied what happened to BRB, therefore, it is legitimate to question the culture of a club where such behaviour is exhibited.

Like I said earlier for an incident that happened 8 years ago.  Get real

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #85 on: January 16, 2012, 03:37:41 PM
YE you are a little weasel focker. don't try mince around claiming you have a legitimate point that isn't motivated by a dislike for us. You'd probably get more respect if you said, " look i hate wl they did this that and the other, and nothing you say will change my mind." at least that way we all know where we stand.
No body at WL is doing somersaults through hoops claiming 2011/12 the best season in living memory, but who are you to say we can't be thankful that our form is good enough to allow us to continue to play in Y2 next year.
As for culture ask Goole if we have any. i doubt very few other fixtures had 15+ lads from each side still out at 11pm after an afternoon of singing, naked dancing, bar diving and an boozing. if that aint a culture to be proud of, i dont know what is. maybe if you could let us know what club your involved in, so we can all model our clubs on yours.   
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

SkippyScrum

• Forum old hand
Reply #86 on: January 16, 2012, 03:41:54 PM

Point taken, but in fairness it was one "alledged" incident 8 years ago, which no representatives from WL on here have a memory of, as it would appear that it was not reported. If there was a "Club Culture" surely there would be numerous posts about a great many incidents in the past 8 years that would support your theory of a Culture, but there isn't. Therefore, it is unfair to suggest that one particular club has a problem when there is no real supporting evidence of a long term problem. WL have dealt with the problem mentioned in the disciplinary, case closed.

T Rex

Reply #87 on: January 16, 2012, 03:46:18 PM
That's what I like to hear - two teams having a great time together.  Nothing wrong with West Leeds culture from what I have experienced.

You are asking him to reveal himself and he will not because he is a coward that hides behind words that don't make any sense and all he can do is try and rubbish our comments.  A complete and utter politician who cannot answer a simple question.

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #88 on: January 16, 2012, 03:47:32 PM
no one knows anything about BRB's spitting incident. it certainly wasn't one of our coaches. if BRB would shed some more light on the incident, i'm sure inquiries would be made and the appropriate action taken. but as we stand right now, we dont know 1) when it happened 2)who did it. so what can we do, tell everyone not to spit in people's faces ??? in case they are in any confusion how act like a decent human being.
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

YorkshireExile

Reply #89 on: January 16, 2012, 04:15:46 PM
So BRB's a liar now?
Runner-up 2014-2015