$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; There's only so many scores I can predict

Author Topic: There's only so many scores I can predict  (Read 13772 times)

Offline Arran Tasker

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
Re: There's only so many scores I can predict
« Reply #45 on: February 11, 2011, 06:32:45 PM »
just to let you know WRUFC i have been contacting the lads at Wath and i have agreed to act as their agent. we have agreed that a fee of 1 pork pie and a free curry twice a year would be ample

I would happily base my entire future rugby career on one of them pork pies and curries every week

Offline Ionlyplayfortheshowers

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 12, 2011, 07:27:55 AM »
West park Leeds don't pay players?  Well I know for a fact that's incorrect!

Even your very own Airborough offered my pal cash to play a few years back!  Your obviously very naive about what goes on.

Offline Cas RUFC

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 12, 2011, 07:38:11 AM »
Yarnbury do, they pay Pato to play there, (our old 10)

Offline Wrufc

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2011, 08:47:41 AM »
Getting bored o this now. But to put a line on it from a Wath perspective;

1 person gets paid at Wath - our stewardess, who also runs the kitchen, bar, functions, cleans the club and generally looks after us scruffy gets.

If we were paying, why would Joe Bartlett, who many have lauded as the stand out player in the league, only play for us around every other week - cos he has to work on saturday's to make a living!!

I'll say it again - any club paying has my good luck, their choice.

What hacks me off, is many think success can only mean you pay and can't be down to that once in a generation period when good players stick together.

Oh and water boy - how come there's been no response to my post about Old Mod's at the end of last season??

Offline Ionlyplayfortheshowers

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2011, 08:51:28 AM »
I doubt that's true but if it is fair play, if it's not who cares.  Good luck to you's!

Water_boy

« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2011, 05:50:59 PM »
Oh and water boy - how come there's been no response to my post about Old Mod's at the end of last season??

Not as bigger biter as some, there was no relegation last year, and everyone knew that from halfway through the season, so what would be the point. And anyway we finished second bottom so would have gone down anyway, hence rendering your point.... well pointless!

Offline Wrufc

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 13, 2011, 08:15:56 AM »
The point was regarding payment to players, wether you did or didn't - a number of the lads who you played against us last game of the season have said they were paid by old mod's.

At the risk of repeating, your choice!