$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 10/03/12

10/03/12

This is a discussion for the topic 10/03/12 on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: 10/03/12  (Read 5429 times)

Dax11

• One of the boys
on: March 10, 2012, 06:15:30 PM
Doncaster Phoenix   17 - 38   Barnsley    
Goole   6 - 34   Selby    
Hullensians   30 - 17   Ripon    
Skipton   10 - 34   Wath Upon Dearne    
West Leeds   19 - 18   Moortown    
West Park Leeds   7 - 7   Bradford Salem    
Yarnbury   32 - 21   Leodiensian    

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 07:27:22 PM
Great game down at Castle Park against Phoenix today.  Don't know what it was like to watch but it was a good game to play in.  Mole/Vole and co... no idea who you boys are but sure you'll agree with me (if you played) that both sides gave it their all.  Was a good experience to play on 1st team (Donny) pitch, conditions where superb and the facilities are cracking. Couldn't understand why your 7 felt he needed to go round dishing the cheap shots out, but to his crdit he got banged a few times and kept coming! I thought the young lads who came into the front row faired up very well and in 2nd half you threw the kitchen sink at us.  I think our backs performed well and took their chances when they came.  All in all great to be involved and thanks to our hosts.

Moggy...'Trap 2!!'

Hobbo

BR

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 10:46:40 PM
It was a top game today, think everyone gave it their all, wish we’d have got a point out of the match but we just could not get that 4th try.  As loosing goes it was as enjoyable as it gets and we’ll take a lot form the performance

The Vole

• A little respect please...
    • Conference Call
Reply #3 on: March 11, 2012, 09:18:25 AM
Cheers Hobbo... Yes it was a good game, at 20-17 at half time we fancied our chances but fair play your backs made the most of any mistakes we made and took their chances well! Thought your 10 had a good game too, especially with the boot. You deserved the win, would've been nice if we'd got the 4 try bonus but I don't think it's going to have a big bearing on where we finish in the league!

Yes I thought the 2 young props did well when they came on, especially considering it was their first taste of senior rugby.

Tasker

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: March 11, 2012, 10:15:38 AM
West Park Leeds and Bradford Salem drawing is the best thing that could have happened for Wath cause. What was the game like
?
The artist formally known as Wath-Youngster

Grumpy1

• One of the boys
Reply #5 on: March 11, 2012, 10:51:34 AM
a mention for the merry pink shirted whistle blower at Phoenix
who actually penalised both 9s for not putting the ball in straight
Well done, sir and not before time. Also liked way he dealt with chelping!
A really good game to watch with Phoenix matching Barns in first half.
Barns had genuine pace in backs and used it well on big pitch - 4 to go!

Salem OB

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: March 11, 2012, 07:19:52 PM
West Park Leeds and Bradford Salem drawing is the best thing that could have happened for Wath cause. What was the game like
?

Very disappointing from our point of view Youngster. In a game with few scoring opportunities, its fair to say we were on top. We scored after about 20 mins. But lost 2 key players, including the skipper due to injury in quick succession. But the turning point came on 60 mins, when our superstar Romanian Lock decided that he did not want to play any further part and wondered off the pitch for the second time this season..

We had to play the last 20 mins with 14 men,  we then missed a very kick able penalty. West Park showed great spirit and put the acid on. They were rewarded with a try under the sticks with the last play. I have never seen a team celebrate a draw with such gusto as WP, that probably said quite a lot about the game.
Not taking anything away WP they played hard and with a good spirit. No doubt this is going down to the wire.

greygoose

• Finding my feet
Reply #7 on: March 11, 2012, 08:22:55 PM
neither team was on top in the game, was very even. there were no superstars involved, just both teams playing with the wind, disappointing for both teams. wpl not so happy with the draw, more happy that it wasn't a loss

Veritas

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: March 11, 2012, 09:49:15 PM
Have to agree with Grey Goose.

If anything, Salem had the better of the 1st half while WPL dominated the 2nd half.

Think your timing is a bit off OB, your try came right at the end of the 1st half, almost exactly the same as the timing of the home score in the 2nd half.

The result probably puts a dent in the promotion chances of both clubs but it isn't over yet.
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you are right.

Salem OB

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: March 11, 2012, 11:06:21 PM
I was being very sarcastic when I mentioned a Superstar. The Game was very even, no doubt about that.

Speccy

• Forum old hand
Reply #10 on: March 12, 2012, 04:34:56 PM
Just seeking a little clarification over the superstar Stavin.Salem OB mentions he wondered off the pitch for the second time this season - I believe he walked off against Yarnbury previously - whilst the official Salem report says he came off injured with a neck problem.Which is correct?

westpark leg end.

• One of the boys
Reply #11 on: March 13, 2012, 09:38:25 AM
He was holding his neck and didn't look very comfortable, however think the question mark was over how injured he really was, the Salem lads in the bar after didn't seem to think he was that injured.

Tough game though, few bruised bodies next day.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

Salem OB

• Finding my feet
Reply #12 on: March 13, 2012, 06:23:15 PM
Just seeking a little clarification over the superstar Stavin.Salem OB mentions he wondered off the pitch for the second time this season - I believe he walked off against Yarnbury previously - whilst the official Salem report says he came off injured with a neck problem.Which is correct?

Probably a bit of both Touch Judge. The big lad was not up for it all day, very frustrating.