$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; ILKLEY

ILKLEY

This is a discussion for the topic ILKLEY on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: ILKLEY  (Read 9070 times)

King John

on: January 01, 2011, 07:18:04 PM
So at last Ilkley have been deducted 5 points for fielding an illegible player. Both Bradford Salem and Ilkley have suffered the same fate, not to such a telling effect as Yarnbury last season but with what could be a relegating effect. Surely, the fate of teams in every Yorkshire League should be decided on their performance on the field and not on what was maybe an inadvertant slip on the part of a Club official who was in no way seeking to gain an advantage.

Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #1 on: January 01, 2011, 07:44:09 PM
Rumour has it that they have just signed a national league player!!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ilkley-RFC-Seniors/239214321021

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 08:19:52 PM
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 08:22:13 PM
So at last Ilkley have been deducted 5 points for fielding an illegible player. Both Bradford Salem and Ilkley have suffered the same fate, not to such a telling effect as Yarnbury last season but with what could be a relegating effect. Surely, the fate of teams in every Yorkshire League should be decided on their performance on the field and not on what was maybe an inadvertant slip on the part of a Club official who was in no way seeking to gain an advantage.

B*ll*cks. If there isnt strict rules, equally strictly enforced, it would be a free for all. As Alden Philips has told all clubs SEVERAL times before and during the season, if the players name is not on the registration list then you CANT select him It not hard!
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 09:56:23 AM by Red Horseman »

King John

Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 09:49:07 AM
Once again a tentative statemeny trying to gauge the feelings of this forum has seen BRB resort to expletives to proffer his argument, Let us hope that one of his New Year's Resolutions will see him increase his vocabulary skills to include words that can be used to get his point across without resorting to foul language. Just think BRB there must be young children looking at this forum and your language only serves to devalue this forum. Come on BRB sort it out.

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #5 on: January 02, 2011, 10:02:31 AM
Agree. He needs to sort out his grammar and punctuation as well. An illiterate cottaging scum whose presence on this board is a desecration.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

get that into yer!

• Forum old hand
Reply #6 on: January 02, 2011, 12:41:06 PM
to paraphrase billy connelly, "some people say swearing is a sign of a poor immagination or being illiterate, but i know at least 142 words and 'hooker' is still my favourite!"
*insert something profound here*

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #7 on: January 02, 2011, 03:26:41 PM
Perhaps KJ will also explain what an "illegible" player is  ??? ??? ???
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #8 on: January 02, 2011, 05:07:51 PM
Once again a tentative statemeny trying to gauge the feelings of this forum has seen BRB resort to expletives to proffer his argument, Let us hope that one of his New Year's Resolutions will see him increase his vocabulary skills to include words that can be used to get his point across without resorting to foul language. Just think BRB there must be young children looking at this forum and your language only serves to devalue this forum. Come on BRB sort it out.

There's a new 'board tw*t' - King Jonny. Perhaps you should wait until you have posted more than 3 times before being the self appointed Web Police...
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 05:35:21 PM by backrowbandit »

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 05:09:18 PM
Agree. He needs to sort out his grammar and punctuation as well. An illiterate cottaging scum whose presence on this board is a desecration.

Is that the sort of comment you would prefer King Jonny?

King John

Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 05:35:41 PM
Sort this guy out Steve

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 05:37:28 PM
ooooh eerrr xx

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #12 on: January 02, 2011, 05:40:01 PM
Rather than getting all upset because i used B*lloc*ks in my answer, why not ignore the first word and comment on the substantive point... or am I right to assume you are from Ilkley?
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 05:43:42 PM by backrowbandit »

King John

Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 09:01:23 PM
Of course RH for illegible read ineligible, but perhaps if BRB had been illegible he might have been ineligible for this forum?

Eustace.L.Boots

• Legend
Reply #14 on: January 02, 2011, 10:04:54 PM
RedHorse - Should a moderator really be voicing his opinion in such a way when you hold such a position of authority? (Steve - if I become a MOD can I have 5 stars as well?)

The problem RedHorse is not with foul language as in my opinion they should have read the t & c's and I'm sure the word Bolloc*s won't come as too much surprise compared to what they hear at school and on video games etc. scrum-half was simply placing his emphasis on statement that Ilkley are a bunch of CHEATING; hmmm let me get the right word; FOOLS and fully deserved what they have been delivered. Whether it was intentional or not they have broken the rules, thereby putting themselves in a more favourable position than their competitors.

King John - you are obviously a novice at forums. Personalities make forums, which is obviously something you are lacking. Banter makes forums, the same again. Annomosity makes forums, that one you have got! Lighten up dude!