Author Topic: Ask the Ref...  (Read 41402 times)

Offline kronos47

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
Re: Ask the Ref...
« Reply #300 on: February 21, 2016, 09:23:22 AM »
If it's unprovoked I'd say ring 999.

Unprovoked crossing? Didn't realise that was a criminal act?!!

Who were the 2 teams involved?

And yes if any damage as done to he player contact the Police.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Offline Reward my club

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: February 27, 2016, 08:53:09 PM »
Hi Ref,

We had an incident today where an opposition flanker stood up in the scrum, grabbing our flanker and dragging him up into an upright position and proceeded to punch him repeatedly in the face.

The ref was stood on the same side and saw the whole thing. He did stop the game and spoke with the player, yet failed to give him yellow, let alone a red. It was in the first five minutes of the match so this fact perhaps entered into his decision making.

My question in relation to this is how do we cite the incident, and to whom. Our video analysist captured the incident so the footage proves beyond reasonable doubt that the incident occurred. Also do the citing committee at this level accept video footage?

Also there was another incident which occurred. The attacking team ball carrier was running at the last defender. The defender was moving in to make the tackle. However a support runner (to the ball carrier) was running an angled run across and over ran the ball carrier. In doing so crossed in front of the ball carrier and into the defender, taking him out and in doing so, allowed the ball carrier to score a try unopposed
In your opinion would this be at least crossing, let alone tackling a non ball carrying player?

Thanks

Having been prompted to read this today I am absolutely disgusted. Firstly the ref is a premiership referee, search his name he also referees international 7s tournaments. We play rugby. The comment to prosecute to police is absurd and disgusting. It wasn't unprovoked at all. I have a lot of respect for those players they are top lads who play hard rugby.  Part of me hopes this is a non playing member of their club that has aired this on a public forum. You should be ashamed
« Last Edit: February 27, 2016, 09:05:27 PM by Bobby Tupper »

Offline westpark leg end.

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 27, 2016, 09:26:15 AM »
Just watching hurricanes vs highlanders.

Highlanders tried a short 22 restart, man kicked and retrieved it himself.
The ball  didn't cross the line but his foot did as he regathered.
Whats the right call?
I'd say play on, but ref brought them back.
Or do the in field markings (ie22) not hold the same value as touch.

Offline Dan Nulty

• Forum old hand
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 26, 2016, 08:35:34 AM »
Can any ref confirm the new laws this year please?  I thought I knew what they were and then the ref for our preseason friendly said the only law change was the driving maul and having to transfer it to the back.

Cheers!

Offline Aaron Fowler

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 01, 2016, 08:25:46 AM »
Details below

MAIN LAW AMENDMENTS: as per http://www.rugbydump.com/

More info can be found on the world rugby site -> http://www.worldrugby.org/news/165437

Offline WL XIII

• A little respect please...
  • "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 18, 2017, 11:22:57 PM »
Is anyone offering you refs a course so you can't be Jedi mind tricked into favouring sides desperate enough to listen to this seminar.  :D

Post copied from another topic-
"Wondering how to get the 50/50 decisions in your favour? Got a discipline problem with your players / supporters mouthing off at refs? Just got promoted and looking for a winning edge in your new league?

In anticipation of preparations for the next season, I can offer an updated return of the popular 30/40 minute seminar outlining the psychology of how to engage positively with match officials.

Compiled with the help of yorkshire rugby.net and rugbyrefs.com members, and based on the psychological principles of hostage negotiation, it is delivered by one of the UK's leading experts in that field.

It includes verbal and non verbal techniques, as well as an understanding of how players and spectators behave in the modern world - including an explanation of England's "brain freeze" against Italy - and gives an outline of the utter short and long term folly of abusing match officials.

Target audience is club coaches and captains, but would also be beneficial to players and spectators in general. Best delivered as part of pre-season activities when concentration levels are at their highest.

The only costs involved would be mileage from Whitby. If you would like it delivered at your club, message me separately."
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber