$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Christchurch Disaster - Fundraising game information

Christchurch Disaster - Fundraising game information

This is a discussion for the topic Christchurch Disaster - Fundraising game information on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Christchurch Disaster - Fundraising game information  (Read 55462 times)

medici

• One of the boys
on: February 28, 2011, 01:06:35 PM
After the disaster in Christchurch on the 22/02/2011 I wanted to do something to help raise funds for the people that have been affected.
I was thinking along the lines of putting on an Exhibition Match between a Foreign XV and an English XV with players taken from all the sides currently playing in Yorkshire 1. If we can get enough interest from clubs/players then I’d like to play the match on a Wednesday evening in April.
I am looking to play the game on the Wednesday 13th April at Scarborough Rugby Club under floodlights with the kick off time around about 8pm or 8.30pm. This would give players who have to travel furthest time to travel over. Ideally, we would like one or two English players and two foreigners (if you have any foreigners) from each club to come together to create the sides. I’m hoping that all the Foreigners in each team could make themselves available for this match. If the interest is good then I will proceed with the arrangements. To raise funds we would charge admission at the gate and run a raffle etc. and all proceeds would go to those affected. I’d like to get a feel from the teams as soon as possible as to whether they’re interested and if not then I’m sorry for wasting your time .

Cheers,
Matty Jones
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 07:52:25 AM by Red Horseman »

no 9

Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 01:55:53 PM
I'm keen and I'm sure everyone at Malton would be.

get that into yer!

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2011, 02:00:01 PM
great idea
*insert something profound here*

His Lordship

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #3 on: February 28, 2011, 02:04:08 PM
I think it's a great idea but might be a struggle to get players from outside of North Yorkshire/East Coast for a Wednesday evening. Why not a Saturday in early May?

medici

• One of the boys
Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 02:10:43 PM
Yea definitely a possibility, we will see what sort of response we get and then look at arrangements. time, date, etc...
I'm really amped on this idea and hope it goes ahead

Eustace.L.Boots

• Legend
Reply #5 on: February 28, 2011, 02:28:27 PM
Great idea Matty! I didn't realise that you were Medici though!

bighitter

Reply #6 on: February 28, 2011, 02:31:23 PM
Great call, count me in.....

medici

• One of the boys
Reply #7 on: February 28, 2011, 02:37:10 PM
Matty Jones, for those of you who don't know, is the Scarborough YDO and fellow kiwi. also plays front row for the first team.
He asked me to post this on here on his behalf

CW, ( C2N )

• The lord of the Manor...
  • Trainee Moderator
Reply #8 on: February 28, 2011, 02:42:42 PM
Count supercas in, we would be happy to throw in a contingent...and maybe share a bus with another club to get us all across...however, no foreigners, i'm afriad, nearest thing we've got to a foreigner,
......is from "Ponte social"
Cheers ma kiwi !! ;)
"And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun: and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire!"

His Lordship

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #9 on: February 28, 2011, 03:25:18 PM
C2N - we're Ginger - we'll always be classed as foreigners! ;)

GKV

• One of the boys
Reply #10 on: February 28, 2011, 03:43:23 PM
Great Idea, i will ask about at our club

PhoenixWeasel

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Allez le phoenix!
Reply #11 on: February 28, 2011, 04:36:26 PM
If its on a saturday just a suggestion but why not make a day of it. You could have a represntative side from all yorks leagues vs foreign sides and make the games a bit shorter. Would take more organising but would be a great day and bring in more money! Plus would be a great day to put yorkshire rugby on show from divisions 1-5

The whistle Blower

• Forum old hand
Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 04:58:48 PM
great idea and I would love to ref it 

Seaside-Inside

• One of the boys
Reply #13 on: February 28, 2011, 05:14:07 PM
Is foreign none English or none GB
Life is what passes you by whilst your busy making other plans!!

PhoenixWeasel

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Allez le phoenix!
Reply #14 on: February 28, 2011, 05:15:54 PM
what would welsh, scottish and irish be classed as? or is foreign classed as non yorkshire??