$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Titbits from this weekends games??

Author Topic: Titbits from this weekends games??  (Read 3862 times)

Offline medici

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Titbits from this weekends games??
« Reply #15 on: January 10, 2011, 10:27:14 AM »
haha yea alright maybe, but i can't see it happening

Offline Vernerial

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 10, 2011, 11:11:36 AM »
I enjoyed watching live rugby again!, the Gannock had an excellent turnout, I am guessing over 100!
The referee was handing out perplexing decisions, but overall, I do not think he affected the result (maybe the score!)
Cas looked silky with the backs in motion, but did not convert enough breaks.
Our pack gave a good performance and despite the rusty play on both sides and the small 4th pitch a good contest.
Teei PIAWI (Beautiful British Name) and Lonsdale were strong going forward in the backs, with defence holding well in the centre.
Looking forward to Brid next week!

Offline Eustace.L.Boots

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2011, 11:40:57 AM »
Scarb - York,
Sailby, York were good in defence; time and time again we had some great phases to be taken down before the line. Plus, York had a 15 with an enormous boot (even bigger than I used to sell) which meant we had a lot of territory to regain. I think he helped them enormously on Sat.

Offline CW, ( C2N )

• The lord of the Manor...
  • Trainee Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2011, 01:46:39 PM »
Well that certainly got a bite!! ;D... Jesus we know where to fish next time!!! ;)
"And the fourth angel poured out his vial upon the sun: and power was given unto him to scorch men with fire!"

Offline Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • A little respect please...
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2011, 03:04:43 PM »
Two sides to every story, Boots.
"York lost 3-0 at Scarborough in a game that descended into farce on a sodden pitch.
Scarborough’s points came from a first-half penalty. York had the better of a poor second half, but missed kickable penalties and had to settle for a point from a game best forgotten." - York Press.
Care to comment?

LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

Offline medici

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2011, 03:09:43 PM »
not far off, i wouldn't say they got the better of the second half though, we had 14 men for most of it and still had more penetration, they did have their opportunitys though and failed to take them as we did ours, we should have been up by at least 14 points at half time, i thought it was a good game between two fairly even sides dictated by the weather

Offline Mr C Gull

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2011, 08:12:28 PM »
"York lost 3-0 at Scarborough in a game that descended into farce on a sodden pitch.
Serious sour grapes here from the York hack, my view is that the match was an absorbing encounter where BOTH sides deserve credit for their full commitment to an entertaining match. York were well represented on the terraces by their faithfull supporters who made themselves heard throughout the match and the Sboro groundsman deserves a mention for his efforts with a pitchfork which meant the game could go ahead. Not just looking at the world through rosey coloured spectacles here but giving credit where credit is due instead of just moaning grumpy old man who couldnt even thank his teams own players for their effort. Looking forward to the thaw when Clifton Park is completely underwater and see how that is described.