$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 9/3/13

Results 9/3/13

This is a discussion for the topic Results 9/3/13 on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Results 9/3/13  (Read 4758 times)

Dax11

• One of the boys
on: March 09, 2013, 05:42:48 PM
Baildon   28 - 7   Aireborough   
Goole   58 - 14   York Railway Institute   
Hemsworth   20 - 19   Thornensians   
Hessle   12 - 43   Burley   
Leeds Medics and Dentists   8 - 14   Bramley Phoenix   
Northallerton   20 - 32   Old Rishworthians   
Old Modernians   3 - 20   Rotherham Phoenix   

dave t

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: March 09, 2013, 07:17:29 PM
Season starts in September and now in March Roth win their 1st away game of the season.

T Rex

• A little respect please...
Reply #2 on: March 09, 2013, 07:24:39 PM
Great win though Dave
ATTITUDE - life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it

gav2001

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: March 10, 2013, 09:05:18 AM
Really good hard game against thorne god i really sore the game was touch and go for both teams good luck for rest of season

insider

Reply #4 on: March 10, 2013, 09:14:09 AM
I knew that Thorne Hemsworth would be a close game but I did think Thorne would pinch the win, Hemsworth defo doing us a favour. Im surprised at the Hessle result thought it would of been closer then that. Goole vs York after a delayed kick due to some strange goings on that is a mystery to both teams, the score line doesnt reflect well for York who were a decent side and im not sure how they havnt done better this season. The pitch wasnt in the best condition a lot of rain in a short period of time. Oh and it was very cold too. As the ghost rider pointed out in his very positive manner it wasnt a game for the backs and the pitch has far too much sand on it.
Look good, feel good, play good

the real burley jim

• One of the boys
  • gotta catch me first...
Reply #5 on: March 10, 2013, 09:54:52 AM
Hessle commented afterward that they had a decent team out, but the Burley boys were in a great mood - looking forward to a big night out in humberside and played samba rugby in the rain - good game and good craic in the bar after with special thanks to the big lad who helped me out in the drinking games, sorry if we made a mess!! NoNothing, were you about??

What the hell went on at York insider??

insider

Reply #6 on: March 10, 2013, 10:00:42 AM
Well the story goes someone from Goole called Yorks club secretary and told them the game was off so some of the lads turned round and went home, then their captain asked out coach who didnt know anything about a call being made. yorks club sec didnt get the name of the person who called so its hard to find out what quite went on. Game was played in the end. Did you guys go out in Hull?

the real burley jim

• One of the boys
  • gotta catch me first...
Reply #7 on: March 10, 2013, 10:06:37 AM
sounds like someone on the wind up possibly?? yeah went out in Beverley for a real messy one....rough as a badgers inside-centre!

Boney-maroney

• Forum old hand
  • Speed is everything
Reply #8 on: March 10, 2013, 10:34:23 AM
Thornesians game was a good one gav yes, very tense at the sideline any teams game, good battle in the sludge haha, just gutted I couldn't play :( good luck for the rest of the season gav, ;)

Peanut

• Finding my feet
Reply #9 on: March 10, 2013, 02:03:57 PM
Bramley with another good win, don't really follow the league but is it a close race for promotion?
West Leeds Peanut

fat boy

• Forum old hand
Reply #10 on: March 10, 2013, 03:02:01 PM
Sorry guys just woundering if anyone knows of jimmy forgot his name again?any history of the guy or anyone know him personally,gone down to local police station and his not on the missing persons list?

insider

Reply #11 on: March 10, 2013, 03:05:05 PM
Saville is his surname.

NoNothing

• Forum old hand
Reply #12 on: March 11, 2013, 11:18:42 AM
Not a bad side out on Saturday but same old story again - lack of backs meant we found it very difficult to contain Burley. Again had 3 forwards in the backs for much of the game. They did as well as forwards can ever do in the backs but that made our pack less mobile and meant they were not really on the place in the pitch they could do the most damage.

Think it was actually closer for most of the game than the scoreline suggests. At 24-12 just after halftime and with us applying some pressure I thought we would push you close but not to be. Floodgates opened in a couple of places and Burley deserved it.

Our report I think is fairly accurate http://www.hesslerugby.co.uk/s/match-report-63032.html?official=1&fixture_id=506200.

Got to say that I think we have the forwards to compete with virtually every team in the league but need some more backs in to add some depth, allow people to play in their natural positions and give some options to change a game plan where we need to. Plans afoot but ...

Was there RBJ. Unfortunately I was under orders from the wife, mother and mother in law that I was not to ruin their plans for a Mothers' Day meal on Saturday night by being home later than 5 so had to rush off.

Besides, it's no fun if everyone knows who I am  ;D
Waj: We'll blow something up.
Omar: What we gonna blow up Waj?
Waj: Internet.

Chunky

• Forum old hand
Reply #13 on: March 11, 2013, 11:19:00 AM
Baildon vs Aire: I think disappointed in how we played in the 2nd half underlines my view of Saturday. Baildon played with the right tactics up the hill, turning us around in the awful conditions with a good kicking game. Our lack of possession really counted and we were on the back foot without troubling their 22.

Lack of strength in depth, and consistency of selection is our problem hence where we are in the table. The one thing I couldn't fault from Saturday was our commitment in horrible conditions. My head feels like it has been sandpapered, and I'm sure my ever decreasing hair has lost more usual on Saturday.

Baildon deserved winners and arguably one of the best two teams in the league (hard for me to say that!). I just hope they don't go up so we have another two local derbies next season (and we don't have to travel to Goole).

NoNothing

• Forum old hand
Reply #14 on: March 11, 2013, 12:17:37 PM
I have now factored Bramley into my 'fight for second place' calculations and would say it seems like LMD have now, like Thorne, allowed Goole some light.

Still believe recent results have done nothing but strengthen Baildon's grip on 2nd. Barring a spectacular meltdown I can't see beyond ORs and Baildon up.

Bramley are currently helping Goole to climb back up to favourites for third. However, I cannot see them getting above 3rd or 4th even if they get BPWs on each of their remaining games. They are hoping for full meltdowns at both Baildon and Goole for that to happen - next year could be a different matter.

Goole will need to beat ORs and get BPW in at least 2 of their other games to overtake Baildon even assuming they and Bramley both beat Baildon.
Waj: We'll blow something up.
Omar: What we gonna blow up Waj?
Waj: Internet.