$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Yorkshire Three Peaks Walk in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust Skipton RFC

Yorkshire Three Peaks Walk in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust Skipton RFC

This is a discussion for the topic Yorkshire Three Peaks Walk in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust Skipton RFC on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Yorkshire Three Peaks Walk in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust Skipton RFC  (Read 2207 times)

XV

• Finding my feet
In January a barmaid and girlfriend of one of Skipton's players was sadly diagnosed with leukaemia. Fortunately she has fought it well and is on the road to recovery. This Saturday (27th April) 10 Skipton players will be trekking the Yorkshire Three Peaks in aid of a charity that does so much work for young cancer sufferers such as herself. This charity is Teenage Cancer Trust and the work they do includes making the wards as comfortable as possible for the cancer sufferers themselves, and their families.

So far we have raised £1075 and are looking to raise as much money as possible for such a great cause. Please give if you can. Below is the Justgiving link if you wish to contribute and read more.

https://www.justgiving.com/3peaks-tct/

You can also donate by text: york70 £5 to 70070 would donate £5.

Thanks for your time.

T Rex

• A little respect please...
Didnt some of you do the 2009 Trailtrekker as I remember seeing a Skipton team on the day of the walk.  A beast of a hill walk if ever there was one and I knackered a knee ligament doing it.  I will log on and make a small donation.

By the way, I have just bworked out how much I have given to charity as a consequence of being on the forum and it is stupid money.  That is it for my donations for some time me thinks.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2013, 11:53:55 PM by T Rex »
ATTITUDE - life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it

XV

• Finding my feet
Thank-you very much T-Rex. Out of the 10 that started the walk, 8 finished; one pulled his hamstring and the other had a problem regarding his nether regions! We raised about £1600 in total and your donation was very much appreciated! Thanks again :)

T Rex

• A little respect please...
No problem and well done to those who finished and some good fund raising for a good cause. How long did it take you all?
ATTITUDE - life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it

Veritas

• Forum old hand
WPL are donating the proceeds of Saturday's raffle to the fund.
Whether you think you can, or you think you can't - you are right.

XV

• Finding my feet
Thanks very much!