Author Topic: Rugby History - Two books club historians might be interested in  (Read 1617 times)

Offline Chiron

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Rugby History - Two books club historians might be interested in
« on: December 06, 2013, 01:22:29 PM »
'Let Them Play By All Means' The Story of Yorkshire Rugby Union in World War Two and 'Leeds Who?' The Story of a forgotten Rugby Union Club

Details on the poster below

« Last Edit: January 11, 2014, 08:44:13 PM by Chiron »

Offline Chiron

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: An extra Christmas present for someone interested in Rugby history?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2013, 03:05:05 PM »
If you were interested in 'Let Them Play By All Means' and had checked on Amazon only to see that it was currently unavailable try ypdbooks.com they have copies available. There is a link from www.dropkickbooks.co.uk to the product page on ypdbooks.

Below is what a former Baildon member said about the book:

'Bought for me as a birthday gift. Fascinating history of Rugby Union played through the war years. As a member of one of the clubs featured (BAILDON) added interest.However the main well written well documentated historical facts remain for me the true value of this book. An insight into the games played Union V League wartime fixture, another great feature. Great buy, pity not a hard back. Donald A. Clark. Northern Highlands.'

Offline Chiron

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
Re: Rugby History - Two books club historians might be interested in
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 08:51:18 PM »
Both books are now available on Amazon or if you live in Leeds Philip Howard Books on Street Lane has copies.
Clubs featured in 'Let Them Play By All Means' include:
Baildon
Pocklington
Harrogate
Huddersfield
Sheffield
Selby
Skipton
York

Offline Chiron

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2016, 04:46:19 PM »
It's a couple of years since I posted this so I thought that I would update to confirm that both books are still available from www.ypdbooks.com telephone 01904 431213 £7.99 each

Offline Chiron

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2016, 04:50:25 PM »
It's a couple of years since I posted this so I thought that I would update to confirm that both books are still available from www.ypdbooks.com telephone 01904 431213 £7.99 each
  A Stocking filler? If you order this week the books will arrive in time for Christmas.

Offline Chiron

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2017, 04:16:17 PM »
  A Stocking filler? If you order this week the books will arrive in time for Christmas.
Annual message December 2017 - Both books still in print and available from www.ypdbooks.com telephone 01904 431213