$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 1000th Post Tribute.

1000th Post Tribute.

This is a discussion for the topic 1000th Post Tribute. on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: 1000th Post Tribute.  (Read 10087 times)

YoungSniper

• Forum old hand
  • 2014 Six Nations Pundit League Winner
Reply #15 on: February 25, 2014, 03:52:02 PM
1998 tetley bitter vase finalists. Unfortunately losing to a far superior Huddersfield YMCA. Got the pleasure of warming up as curtain raiser with the rest of juniors, did you guys do the same?

hoodie

• A little respect please...
  • 4TOTTY
Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 03:58:11 PM
I've always seen West Leeds as the old fashioned club.
Local lads with no pompous hier about themselves, sticking together and enjoying their rugby .
Too many people enjoy putting teams down because they rather bring negative than positive to the table.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 04:00:17 PM by hoodie »
Confront the fear, feel the courage, join the battle.

singapore slinger

• One of the boys
Reply #17 on: February 25, 2014, 05:29:45 PM
aire-wharf plate winners 3 years in a row! ...we came... we saw... we took the consolation prize
Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #18 on: February 25, 2014, 09:20:50 PM
aire-wharf plate winners 3 years in a row! ...we came... we saw... we took the consolation prize
Hahahaha! Sums us up!
Liking the name too.
Young Sniper, I warmed up on pitch too. I'll have been 10, missed our only try stood queuing for a tray of chips.
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

YoungSniper

• Forum old hand
  • 2014 Six Nations Pundit League Winner
Reply #19 on: February 25, 2014, 10:00:22 PM
Hahahaha! Sums us up!
Liking the name too.
Young Sniper, I warmed up on pitch too. I'll have been 10, missed our only try stood queuing for a tray of chips.

I bet you'll never get over it.  ;)

Murdock

Reply #20 on: February 25, 2014, 10:01:21 PM
watching a cup final there wl's 2s v fax and some clown with a drum (WL XIII)
bazinga

Sycamore

• Legend
Reply #21 on: February 25, 2014, 10:13:12 PM
Always enjoyed playing these lads,Ill always remember a couple of their lads coming down to help my club out at training when we were struggling if I remember their names it was Dave Breakwell and the second rower not sure on his name.

Good set of blokes.

Sergeant Stomp

• Forum old hand
Reply #22 on: February 26, 2014, 11:22:23 AM
Always Tough at yours WL XIII, good set of lads, we'll run club. Enjoy the banter with the people who run your 2nd XV. Will you be at Stacks Field for the Shield Semi? Also I think the Ilkley First XV skipper played there for a season? Some years back mind.

WL XIII

Reply #23 on: February 26, 2014, 12:39:59 PM
Bit before my time but I believe so. Vinny, is it?
Look me up stomp after the game. I'd like to offer you my commiserations and buy you a pint in consolation.....of course if you guys sneak it, I would be gracious enough to have a swig of your victory champagne  ;)
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Sergeant Stomp

• Forum old hand
Reply #24 on: February 26, 2014, 02:13:01 PM
Correct WL XIII. Should be about, look forward to a beer, think Champagne is over rated!

WL XIII

Reply #25 on: February 26, 2014, 10:20:38 PM
Correct WL XIII. Should be about, look forward to a beer, think Champagne is over rated!

Is this a coded message affirming you think your gunna lose?  :o

Sergeant Stomp

• Forum old hand
Reply #26 on: February 27, 2014, 04:32:45 PM
HaHa. Who knows WLXIII? Think Ilkley will be firm favourites and should win. That said your team have absolutely nothing too lose and everything to gain. I don't see much of our FirstXV as I look after the seconds. It would be nice to know when the game can be played! It seems to all hinge on what happens to York in the national cup tomorrow? From what I gather your Fixture Secretary is in the loop? However if he has seen the same E-Mails as me he is probably none the wiser!!!

WL XIII

Reply #27 on: February 27, 2014, 06:03:01 PM
Not to worry we're in no rush.
Is Chris chapman still playing 2's? I was at uni with him. I know he's saving Africa at min but I was hoping he'd be about.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #28 on: February 27, 2014, 06:51:05 PM
I'm pretty sure we'll be on for March 15th  - if York win on Saturday, I imagine their next match will be that day : if they lose, then they should go to Keighley, rather than us, as that match was postponed before ours.

Chirs is playing for the seconds so far as I know.

Sergeant Stomp

• Forum old hand
Reply #29 on: February 27, 2014, 09:51:04 PM
"Chappers" has been in the two's most of the year. He has been skipper a fair bit, he is in Africa at the mo. He's been there with his school for the last couple of weeks. Think they are saving the wildlife and building schools? Good stuff really.