$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 1000th Post Tribute.

1000th Post Tribute.

This is a discussion for the topic 1000th Post Tribute. on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: 1000th Post Tribute.  (Read 10088 times)

WL XIII

• A little respect please...
  • "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #30 on: February 27, 2014, 10:14:10 PM
Hope he's back in time for fixture. It's old boys weekend at Bradford you see. So guaranteed a good night no matter what.
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

Sergeant Stomp

• Forum old hand
Reply #31 on: February 28, 2014, 11:44:02 AM
Think he is? I will text him and let him know!

andyn

• Forum old hand
Reply #32 on: February 28, 2014, 01:11:16 PM
I wanted to mark my 1000th post with a tribute to West Leeds....

We are a not the biggest, or the best. We don't have tonnes of money or juniors or teams.

But it's a huge part of my life, full of family and friends. It's always been such a joy playing here.

I'd like to invite you all to share any fond memories of West Leeds below.

Your welcome......i'll take this as a thankyou

Memories.......you crying like a baby in the under 8s because your hands were cold oh and the other week Vs West Park.

Cheers

Sam

WL XIII

Reply #33 on: February 28, 2014, 01:14:49 PM

We are a not the biggest, or the best. We don't have tonnes of money or juniors or teams.

But it's a huge part of my life, full of family and friends. It's always been such a joy playing here.

Memories.......you crying like a baby in the under 8s because your hands were cold oh and the other week Vs West Park.

Cheers

Sam

I'll pop round later and show you how to use the big scary computer.
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #34 on: February 28, 2014, 01:31:51 PM

Cheers

Sam

Alright Sam,

Just wanted to nip on and say Wl always a club i'd enjoyed playing against with Barnsley, some good memories over the years and a few decent mates.  Scott Hinchcliffe always enjoyed playing in mid-field against you boys, used to eat extra m&m's and blue smarties to get a real sugar rush going.
My best memory is a close victory at your place 3-4 seasons ago and it was a top physical battle, we'd not beaten you in ages and there was a few flare ups, nothing serious but tempers flared, as they do but after the game every player knew what a great game it had been... it was funny because our hooker got hammered by 3-4 of your boys on different occassions including 2 backs and was punished heavily in court for it.

Good memories mate.

Dale

andyn

• Forum old hand
Reply #35 on: February 28, 2014, 02:06:54 PM

Cheers

Sam

Ok Smarty pants...was busy multi tasking.....your welcome though.

WL XIII

Reply #36 on: February 28, 2014, 10:03:31 PM
Dale, Barnsley for me, Wilson (aka. "Toadfish"[rather round12]) wayne (our tackling maverick 10, who's had a tough run with injury) was always our favourite fixture. We got a similar thing with Donny, and to a degree Hull, though that was has always been a bit one sided.
I know the game you were referring to. I think it was a bit of a turning point, you guys went from strength to strength climaxing in your Y2 promotions.
What we particularly liked about your promotion was it was with guys we'd been playing against for years, you seemed to just all be available all year. More than a few of us have looked and said, "if we have a season were we click, we could easily do a Barnsley"

Really looking forward to tomorrow, hope it's a classic. No apologies for any fat jokes. You've been warned. DFM! DFM! DFM! DFM!

Dad, who you kidding, you should be thanking me for the ride I've lead you on. And not cool with the cold thing......you know it effects me worse than normal people, stop embarrassing me in front of my internet fwends!

The Claw

• Finding my feet
Reply #37 on: March 13, 2014, 06:21:47 PM
1998 tetley bitter vase finalists. Beat Hullensians in quarter finals and beats us into third in promotion race that year I think. Long time before your time. Had a black curly haired second row who was a young man then and stood out only stopped playing a few years ago, but had put on a lot of weight. Don't know his name. Good club. Didn't like them for a while after that season! No reason you boys shouldn't surprise Ilkley their score against us flattered them. Pressure the 9 and 10 (easier said than done) and see what happens. Honestly they should play right into your strengths and I can't rule out an upset.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #38 on: March 13, 2014, 08:23:48 PM
Who's ' us ' Claw ?

Sergeant Stomp

• Forum old hand
Reply #39 on: March 13, 2014, 09:05:05 PM
If Google is right Sheffield Tigers played West Leeds in 1998. Doesn't say who won it? That said another site, ask Jeeves or something like that? Quotes a club called Sillihans as finalists! Doesn't say who they are, or we're they are from? Good job I am not helping the kids google something important!!! Interesting that The Claw seems to know who will be at 9 & 10 for Ilkley on Saturday, and how to stop them playing!

WL XIII

Reply #40 on: March 13, 2014, 11:08:40 PM
Chris "Tails" Taylor, he was excellent for us for a long time.
1998 I was 10 so I might not be 100% but I think beating Sheff tigers might be correct, it rings a bell. I'm 100% they beat Slough at home in semi and lost in final to YMCA.
Claw I'm not sure your doing us any favours on here backing us.....whilst appreciated, we are trying to sneak in under the radar. We've done our homework.

Mr Claw I'm fairly certain you've done alright outta us for results since 1998.