$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Silver Trophy

Silver Trophy

This is a discussion for the topic Silver Trophy on the board Other Senior Rugby.

Author Topic: Silver Trophy  (Read 41339 times)

Tasker

• Forum old hand
Reply #105 on: May 03, 2011, 07:37:35 PM
"to know by know that games"- think you mean *now :)

Thank you for sticking up for my spelling mistakes Birdies118 ;)
The artist formally known as Wath-Youngster

Family Guy

• One of the boys
  • who needs a six pack, i've got a firkin
Reply #106 on: May 03, 2011, 08:12:27 PM
RL stop being such a TwXt we all know what we are on about, go play with the other lawyers and discuss civil, criminal law and common law. many things can,t be proven stop being such a jerk, beyond reasonable doubt is sufficient in many cases.

i do believe that they were told that it was a 1st team fixture (Friendly) and i think beyond all reasonable doubt that it has been established that a cup game takes precedence over a friendly, by everyone on here except you. So if they had arranged a Friendly it has to be rearranged to allow the cup game to take place. simple hey

and repeat IT IS NOT A MID WEEK COMPETITION and games needed to be completed by/on the Saturday as pointed out already.

why not add your considerable knowledge of the law to ensure that the system is well understood by all so they can make informed decisions as to whether to enter or not at the outset. as surely teams like Aireborough have wasted time and effort on previous rounds only be bamboozeled by the law makers who we all know at times hide behind decisions to stop them having to come up with new sensible ones
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:25:16 PM by Family Guy »

Old Fool

• Finding my feet
Reply #107 on: May 03, 2011, 08:18:39 PM
I probably should choose my words on here but ALL the County Cup Competitions are being devalued by clubs in genral in the 1st case seeing whether or not it will help or hinder the League Programme,there are numerous other reasons why teams pull out but this year seems to be the worst it has been.

Having  followed all the posts on this matter here are views for they are worth.

Do I feel sorry for Aireborough.. Yes hugely as they have lent over backwards to full fill the fixture,they desreve the right to try to qualify for the Final.

Have Guisborough done anything wrong .. in legal terms No but in the Spirit of Rugby .. Yes,they have simply played the system and so far won.

Having seen Wath this season twice and having not seen the men from the North as far as I can see it will take a Very,Very good team to beat Wath in the Final... but as no doubt the Final will be played a neutral venue such as Middlesboro who knows what might happen!

Wrufc

• Legend
Reply #108 on: May 03, 2011, 08:34:17 PM
Hey Old Fool - you might not be far off with Middlesboro. Would not surprise me one jot!

We might even be playing Middlesboro if they're keen on bringing in ringers........Guisy please note - marvellous things these web sites with selections showing player and photo!!

All joking, hopefully it will be Guisbrough's regular 1st team we play.......remember they're 1 level above us and have just gained promotion so we're expecting a tough 'un!

The delights of Whitley Bay will be partaken of this weekend and providing none of our lads end up on a ship bound for Barbados we'll be fielding the strongest possible squad we can!

Shirt filler

• A little respect please...
Reply #109 on: May 03, 2011, 08:37:56 PM
Maybe a change of rules would help the competition next year, maybe playing semi's at a neutral ground midway between the 2 teams. Wether any of us agree with what guiseborough have or havent done right/wrong, it does make a farse of the competition that they havent had to play there quarter or semi final games wether its there fault or not.

Fatlad

• One of the boys
Reply #110 on: May 03, 2011, 08:43:42 PM
What we really need is Guisboroughs take on all this. Just to be devils advocate could it be that Airebrough didn't rate there chances against a strong Guisborough side?  Will Wath who acording to Marky Mark could beat Y1 sides, although don't forget only just beat a Y1 2nd team last week, put 50 points on Guisborough?

Tasker

• Forum old hand
Reply #111 on: May 03, 2011, 08:54:24 PM
What we really need is Guisboroughs take on all this. Just to be devils advocate could it be that Airebrough didn't rate there chances against a strong Guisborough side?  Will Wath who acording to Marky Mark could beat Y1 sides, although don't forget only just beat a Y1 2nd team last week, put 50 points on Guisborough?

I dont think for one second we will put 50 points on Guisborough. To quote what Marky Mark says, I dont we would beat Yorkshire 1 sides comfortable, but i also dont think we would loose by a large amount.

what i do think is that we would give a massive showing in any game played, and i believe if we keep the same squad next season and work hard over pre season, I believe we could surprise a few people

The artist formally known as Wath-Youngster

Wath-scribe

• Finding my feet
Reply #112 on: May 03, 2011, 08:57:36 PM
Also fatlad, look on the sheffield website a little closely and the team wath played on wednesday, calling that team we played a second team looks wrong to me!

Wath-scribe

• Finding my feet
Reply #113 on: May 03, 2011, 09:07:20 PM
But that is another issue and i don't think for a second either side is going to put loads of points on the other, it will undoubtedly be a tight game and hopefully an entertaining one

Fatlad

• One of the boys
Reply #114 on: May 03, 2011, 09:23:09 PM
Birdies which Sheffield players were regular 1st teamers? When you have over 40 players playing 1st team in a season you are bound to have 2nd team players with first team experience, but there were no players playing on that evening who were 1st choice 1st team players. As a matter of fact there were a number of 3rd team players playing! Look at the website it looks right to me!

Wath-scribe

• Finding my feet
Reply #115 on: May 03, 2011, 09:26:10 PM
I think over 10 appearances for the 1st XV constitutes a 1st teamer of which there were a few, i dont disagree some were 3rd Xv on another thread the rules state they cannot have played more than 5 which is probably a bit harsh but Barnsley were disqualified for that, anyways like i said not the issue here there is no doubt the final is going to be very tough for both sides will certainly help us at Wath assess how we will do next year

Family Guy

• One of the boys
  • who needs a six pack, i've got a firkin
Reply #116 on: May 03, 2011, 09:28:58 PM
start a new thread boys that was the Gerry Roberts trophy not the YST

Wath-scribe

• Finding my feet
Reply #117 on: May 03, 2011, 09:29:39 PM
Agreed family guy

Wrufc

• Legend
Reply #118 on: May 03, 2011, 09:37:50 PM
Fatlad - you n fireman sam need to join forces. Or are you one and the same??

"we'll do most next season, get caned every week and come straight back down"

But will we  ;)

Wrufc

• Legend
Reply #119 on: May 03, 2011, 09:40:43 PM
Fatlad - you n fireman sam need to join forces. Or are you one and the same??

"we'll do most next season, get caned every week and come straight back down"

But will we  ;)

Sorry most should say NOWT. Predictive got me.