$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Yorkshire 4 This Year

Yorkshire 4 This Year

This is a discussion for the topic Yorkshire 4 This Year on the board Yorkshire 4.

Author Topic: Yorkshire 4 This Year  (Read 2352 times)

Ossett Coach (no more)

• Legend
on: April 13, 2014, 10:20:53 AM
Congrats to Stocks and Ensians and commiserations to Hessle and Hornsea.

I have to say, despite all the close losses we have suffered at Ossett, it has been a really enjoyable season. The rugby has been hard but fair and all the teams have been a good set of lads which you haven't always been able to say in previous years. There have been no 'whipping boys' and no teams that have won 50-0 every week, which again, has been the story in previous seasons. Every game you have to get up for to compete and its been good fun.

Hoping for more of the same next year.

Corinths 2nd row

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: April 13, 2014, 10:36:12 AM
It's been the best league I can remember.

Bit gutted about the bonus points but i imagine Hornsea are even more so as it's relegated them.

Hessle were great yesterday and seemed more up for it than we did which is credit to them as they were already relegated.

Having played Hessle and Hornsea recently I can see them coming straight back up. They both have young lads and a great team spirit. Sad to see them go down.

Well done ensians and stocksbridge especially, back to back promotions.

Yo9 hope you enjoy the fishing but imagine you'll be itching to get back to rugby after a few weeks even if it is just coaching.

Would love a rest myself but got a triathlon in 8 weeks. So the hard work starts tomorrow.
Bring back the biff :-)

ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
Reply #2 on: April 13, 2014, 01:43:21 PM
I concur with the guys this year as been more like a rugby club league if that makes any sense, hard, fair and always good banter. Good luck to Ensians and Bridge (and the Y3 teams them get them away mid winter). I am off to take over at Skipton in June, there is cheapish beer, a retro 70s bar, the town centre and a decent curry house within walking distance. I hope all the Y4 teams take this into account when  planning your coach trips next season ;)

Fletch0001

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: April 13, 2014, 02:00:07 PM
We were discussing coach trips for next season after yesterdays game and we all said skipton is a good night so thats first on our list

old style prop

• anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #4 on: April 13, 2014, 03:24:51 PM
I've pencilled Wenslydale down as number one coach trip but Skipton has to be up their as well. Will be on the phone before too long and would love to arrange one or two games were 1s and 2s play at same place to make a good coach trip out of it if any clubs are interested in returning the favour feel free to let me know.

Could even get some cheap trophy for agreegate score and talk both clubs into sticking on cheap beer/bbq/hog hoast type of affair for a good social post match.

ye olde 9

Reply #5 on: April 13, 2014, 03:36:58 PM
We are on the same page 2 teams travelling, sound like a plan happy to sort out. Mark