$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 2013/14 reflexion

Author Topic: 2013/14 reflexion  (Read 978 times)

Offline WL XIII

• A little respect please...
  • "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
    • View Profile
2013/14 reflexion
« on: April 20, 2014, 09:04:42 AM »

As it currently stands. Thoughts on the season almost past.

I think the competition has been close all year, I've enjoyed this year a lot and have very few bad words to say about most  ;) teams this year.
I was wondering how you all feel this season has gone.

Possible the standard hasn't been as high as it has in seasons past. More than a few teams have lacked serious stand out individual talent that has marked seasons gone past.

The weather never really provided the hard fast dry tracks for an extended period either end of the season (I can prove this by the excellent condition my mouldies are in and the wreck my studs are) that encourages the more exciting play.

I think the pitches were on the whole on the whole smaller, with the majority of sides opting for a more attrition style of play. With this in mind I'm hoping LM&D can consolidate and stay up.

Next year I'd like to see some more adventurous half backs. Too many kicking 10 and not enough ball players.

I would say on the whole the reffing standard has gone up, I think theirs a few refs that are maybe not as committed to developing their game who spoil it for the rest, but for the most definite improvement.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 09:15:54 AM by WL XIII »
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber