$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; The Scarborough Twickenham Hype Starts Now

The Scarborough Twickenham Hype Starts Now

This is a discussion for the topic The Scarborough Twickenham Hype Starts Now on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: The Scarborough Twickenham Hype Starts Now  (Read 4141 times)

YorkshireExile

• A little respect please...
on: May 09, 2014, 07:37:53 AM
With one year to go, Scabs have already started their Twickers PR campaign.

http://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/sport/rugby/rugby-union/scarborough-on-twickenham-trail-1-6605235

Let's hope it is more successful than the Invincible "we won't lose any games in 2014" project........

.......or the "We are not settling for mid-table obscurity" proclamation prior to the start of the season just completed......
Winner of the Pundits League 2012-13
Runner-up 2014-2015

Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #1 on: May 09, 2014, 07:49:05 AM
How annoyed will Scabs be when the new National Knockout gets announced!!!
But they still have a chance as they will still be in a competition where you play the final at Twickers!!

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2014, 08:12:51 AM
I think you need to read beyond the headlines. I did, and the actual quote from the captain is about not setting any targets yet. Sensible lad.

Meanwhile, I was in Scabs yesterday and was struck by a huge banner right across the main shopping street promoting the Yorks / Lancs game on Sunday. Very professional, and a few more clubs could learn from them as to how to raise the profile of the game at a local level.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #3 on: May 09, 2014, 10:54:04 AM
Until we get a letter saying we are in 'a' national competition I will not be taking anything for granted....
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2014, 12:15:10 PM
Meanwhile, I was in Scabs yesterday and was struck by a huge banner right across the main shopping street promoting the Yorks / Lancs game on Sunday. Very professional, and a few more clubs could learn from them as to how to raise the profile of the game at a local level.

I noticed the same last year RH, and fully agree. Pity that we can't make it this year, always a great day.

Muted Response

• Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2014, 05:27:33 PM

I noticed the same last year RH, and fully agree. Pity that we can't make it this year, always a great day.

Just wondering . . . . is it always in Yorkshire?  . . . . and is it always in Scarborough?  ???

Victorm

• Legend
Reply #6 on: May 09, 2014, 05:40:22 PM
Scabs have only had one Yorks v Lancs game since 1926! That was two years ago.
And therefore a resounding NO! It's NOT always in Scarborough.
Yorks v Lancs is played in Yorkshire and Lancashire in alternative seasons. When in Lancs it has been played at Fylde RUFC for many years.
p.s. At least Scabs have had a 2000 - 3000 gate for their most recent County Matches (previous two seasons).
      I understand that the gates for the two away matches last season was approx. only 200 spectators!

Muted Response

Reply #7 on: May 09, 2014, 05:50:10 PM
My question was a reflection of how successful the games at Scarborough must have been!!
because other than @ Scarborough, I've not heard of Lancs v Yorks games . . . . .
I only wish I could make it . . . .

Chief Selector

• Forum old hand
Reply #8 on: May 12, 2014, 11:22:46 PM
Muted

Not been in the game long have you my club friend, it's been going for about 100 years

Even when I played....and we beat them

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #9 on: May 13, 2014, 08:05:12 AM
Was that in the inaugural game?? !!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Muted Response

Reply #10 on: May 15, 2014, 02:27:52 PM
I realise the games go ahead, I'm just saying that they aren't publicised very well.

Anyway CS, did you play the game? I don't think you've ever said  :D
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 02:30:44 PM by Muted Response »

Bombardier29

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Drop the red donkey
Reply #11 on: May 23, 2014, 02:04:51 PM
I think you need to read beyond the headlines. I did, and the actual quote from the captain is about not setting any targets yet. Sensible lad.

Shame it wasn't a bit harder
When the second seal was opened another horse came out, a fairy red one. Its rider was given power to take the p*ss from the earth and to make men lay with each other. To him was given a large ego.