$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Knottingley to win Yorkshire 2

Knottingley to win Yorkshire 2

This is a discussion for the topic Knottingley to win Yorkshire 2 on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Knottingley to win Yorkshire 2  (Read 4048 times)

Danny Price

• One of the boys
on: July 30, 2014, 08:30:25 AM
Last year was a challenging one for our local rivals but the vibes coming out of marsh lane at the moment are very positive. A new coach, a new captain, new players and new ideas. If you add to the mix the improved levels of fitness that are been generated from the summer rugby league campaign I really believe, and genuinely hope, that Knottingley could be serious contenders in 2014/15. Good luck gents and really looking forward to the game on the 21st. So what does the forum think about Knottingleys chances?

Barns Back

• Finding my feet
  • Spectemur Agendo
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2014, 10:00:11 AM
A few yellow cards early on for Rugby league style swinging arms??  ;D

Tbf I thought Knottingley were decent enough last year. I know we had two good battles with them that ended in a draw at our place and a narrow victory at theirs. However, I would definitely say it's too early to be crowning anyone as champions some four weeks before the season kicks off proper.

Or is this Cas putting all the pressure on Bez et al in anticipation of the upcoming fixture.

Thread Killer

• One of the boys
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2014, 01:30:21 PM
Its been said before but I think one of the best things about being in Yorkshire 2 is that you never know which opposition will turn up on a Saturday.

Look at Knottingley themselves.  Poor for the first half of last season then massive improvement.  WPL started poor and from December onwards perhaps picked up the most points, certainly top 3.  Hullensians who were promoted for years were one of the best teams in the league at home but away form let them down till last season.

Moortown were poor but when we played them in March they were a "different team" pun intended (is it true they have been docked 20 points for the start of this season for field unregistered players?)

Sheffield Medics demise near the season deliberate or not would not have been expected given their early season form.  West Leeds seemed to have a season of being outstanding and promotion contenders then went back to a mid table side.  Leos are almost proud of their lack of consitency.

It would be reasonable to assume the form teams at the end of last season will start strong this.  Then again - I bet this isn't true of all of them.  Also the new boys have no form in this league, where will they fit in?

sliotar

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: July 30, 2014, 03:11:06 PM
Yupe, starting next season on minus 20. No point in crying about it just got to make a good start to the season and go from there.

TheSmash

• One of the boys
Reply #4 on: July 30, 2014, 03:43:35 PM
- 20 Ouch

What is the lowest points tally that a team has ever stayed up on??

Apart from the anomalies such as Ripon last season!

Breakwell15

• Forum old hand
  • West Leeds 15
Reply #5 on: July 30, 2014, 03:52:06 PM
If you take 20 points off anybody as high as 10th last year they would have been below Ripon and Relegated (if the norm of two went down)

A lot to ask!

Its only a game

Reply #6 on: July 30, 2014, 04:01:12 PM
That is some balls up.  Haven't moortown had deductions in recent years for fielding ineligible players?  Hope this has given them the kick up the inside-centre they needed to sort it out.  20 points is going to be a big ask, certainly puts the pressure on.

hoodie

• A little respect please...
  • 4TOTTY
Reply #7 on: July 30, 2014, 04:10:07 PM
20 pts  :o

This will show character at moortown.
With points deducted due to unregistered players and rightly so as we all have to comply to rules and regulations ...but I hope they do show fight and team spirit and do stay up ...again it'll show great character of the club.
Im sure at other clubs especially in Y1 players wpuld have walked for, lets say, a more affluent situation
Confront the fear, feel the courage, join the battle.

Barns Back

• Finding my feet
  • Spectemur Agendo
Reply #8 on: July 30, 2014, 04:15:44 PM
Is the penalty 5 points per player?

20 points = 4 bonus point wins more than the bottom two teams.
In those terms not an insurmountable task at all. I would be inclined to say it is a psychological battle as much as anything else.

avinastella

Reply #9 on: July 30, 2014, 08:35:15 PM
I wonder how Ripon feel about it.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

marky mark

• Legend
Reply #10 on: July 30, 2014, 08:58:38 PM
Poor show, the twenty should have come off from last season not this one, that means that have got away with it, and quite a few teams have got away with this in various leagues even when it's reported, think we can all live with admin errors of some kind but twenty points tells a tale
If at first you dont succeed give in your probably rubbish !

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #11 on: August 01, 2014, 10:05:25 AM
Oh dear, if it's a genuine admin error that's horrible, if it punishment for deliberately playing unregistered guys then fair enough. Although how you tell the difference is anyone's guess.

It is a shame, because I think it's a club on the up. I thought the new pitch might rejuvenate them, but I'm starting to think they'll start the season with a lot of trips away from home and the 20point reduction. It'll put them under a tonne of pressure if they have a shakes start.
It'll be a exciting end to their season I bet, playing catch up with a load of home games.

Just on their pitch, will their poor 2nd team be almost permanently away next season? Moortown Wanderers, #adisplacedpeople
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

Barns Back

• Finding my feet
  • Spectemur Agendo
Reply #12 on: August 01, 2014, 11:21:24 AM
I know having spoken to a lad who played for Moortown last year at least twice, and was not registered, that it was a deliberate thing. My reason for asking how the points penalty are accumulated was that I wondered on how many players/ occasions this happened. Or more interestingly how many times did they get caught?

oldmanrip

Reply #13 on: August 06, 2014, 01:29:05 PM
afternoon all long time no speak

to answer your question Avinastella, we don't really care to be honest yes it will make things really tough for Town and easier for some other teams but really positive vibes at Ripon at the moment, new coaching team in place and good young players coming through, also really good numbers at training and getting better each week...
no big talk here but the boys are confident of a much improved season with consolidation the main aim, we aim not to be in the relegation scrap this year and are worrying about us and our performances only, what happens to other teams off the field is a side issue we can only control what we do and see where we finish up
heres to another cracking Yorks 2 season and catching up with old acquaintances!!! good luck one and all!!!

avinastella

Reply #14 on: August 06, 2014, 04:35:34 PM
And do you have the new touch judge in place that you promised?
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.