$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Re: Yorkshire Shield matches

Re: Yorkshire Shield matches

This is a discussion for the topic Re: Yorkshire Shield matches on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Re: Yorkshire Shield matches  (Read 15660 times)

The Vole

• A little respect please...
    • Conference Call
Reply #15 on: August 28, 2014, 08:54:41 AM
Selby v Hullensians
I reckon that could be an interesting game.

Hope Hullensians game against Ionians last week was a blip or they could really struggle!

Cos they had 50 points put on them by a team in Nat. 2?

You'll find that's not too bad for a Yorkshire 1 team who don't have aspirations of playing feeder team to a Championship side and selling out their club ethos.

Did you see the game? I'm not talking about the result, just in my opinion they will struggle in Yorks 1 after seeing them on Saturday, especially if they turn up with 16 players 5 minutes before kick off!

Gamefacebro

• Finding my feet
Reply #16 on: August 28, 2014, 08:56:03 AM
Chef said it in another thread but the team we put out for the ionians game really was a scratch team. Combined with people getting knocks during the game, we had to borrow an Ionians player for a section of the game. Regardless of the score, I'm was certainly glad for the game time as was everybody else.

Veteran

• Forum old hand
Reply #17 on: August 28, 2014, 08:57:50 AM
Why a scratch team?

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #18 on: August 28, 2014, 09:03:23 AM
Bank holiday weekend? Amateur game? Any number of reasons. At least they honoured the fixture. Get over it.  >:(
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #19 on: August 28, 2014, 09:06:18 AM
I think we can all probably agree that Donny P no longer exists as stand alone constitutional rugby club. Their continuation as a community with a sporting soul and a sense  of identity is now threatened.

I think the events there desperately sad and unnecessary.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

The Vole

• Conference Call
Reply #20 on: August 28, 2014, 09:11:31 AM
I think we can all probably agree that Donny P no longer exists as stand alone constitutional rugby club. Their continuation as a community with a sporting soul and a sense  of identity is now threatened.

I think the events there desperately sad and unnecessary.

Yawn! What has that got to do with the topic?  ::)

Phoenix knight

• One of the boys
Reply #21 on: August 28, 2014, 09:17:11 AM
I think we can all agree that brb is a trouble causer stirring things up that are totally off topic stick to the thread you'll get this site a bad name

EwokWarrior

• Forum old hand
Reply #22 on: August 28, 2014, 09:36:37 AM
Chef said it in another thread but the team we put out for the ionians game really was a scratch team. Combined with people getting knocks during the game, we had to borrow an Ionians player for a section of the game. Regardless of the score, I'm was certainly glad for the game time as was everybody else.

I'm was certainly glad as well Gameface!!

As for you Vole, i though i told you we won the game.  Were you too busy prepping water bottles/cheerleading to listen properly?  ;)

porkies

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #23 on: August 28, 2014, 02:03:56 PM
Just heard Rishworthians have called off Saturday so York awarded a HWO....Think they're looking for a friendly if anyone interested.

Ribbflagman

Reply #24 on: August 28, 2014, 11:09:08 PM
Why don't you go to Halifax. You will need the practice considering your opposition next week!!!

porkies

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #25 on: August 29, 2014, 09:34:36 AM
Well obviously we stand no chance against Wharfedale 2nds Ribby, it'll be an education just watching you lads in action and also the chance to see a top class 'referee's assissant' in action ! Is the excellent Mr Thwaite turning out again this season btw ?

real-ale

• One of the boys
  • rugby and beer and pork pies
Reply #26 on: August 29, 2014, 10:30:09 AM
Guisborough v Brods

From Guisborough website:

The competitive season kicks off again this weekend at Belmangate where Guisborough are hosts to Old Brodleians in the Yorkshire County Shield. Last year’s success has seen an influx of local young talent to the Guisborough, in this vein, Guy Coser and George Wren make their competitive 1st XV debut this weekend.

Ribbflagman

Reply #27 on: August 29, 2014, 03:24:55 PM
That's below the belt Mr P. Yes Thwaity makes his seasonal bow at the mighty Pheonix tomorrow with two of his fine offspring also in the starting line up. Unfortunately the outstanding Flaggy will not be in action next week as I will be doing a lengthy cycle ride through Holland with our son Jack. I would be very interested I your constructive comments on my able bodied replacement as I am contemplating retiring only my successor meets the necessary standards of honesty and integrity sadly not in abundance at all clubs!!!!!

TMO

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #28 on: August 29, 2014, 03:31:17 PM
Guisborough v Brods

From Guisborough website:

The competitive season kicks off again this weekend at Belmangate where Guisborough are hosts to Old Brodleians in the Yorkshire County Shield. Last year’s success has seen an influx of local young talent to the Guisborough, in this vein, Guy Coser and George Wren make their competitive 1st XV debut this weekend.

Guy coser ex whitby plus another lad has gone there but not signed on.
http://www.whitbyrugbyclub.co.uk/
@whitbyref
info@whitbyrugbyclub.co.uk

chef

• Forum old hand
Reply #29 on: August 29, 2014, 06:47:13 PM
Could of done a Yarnbury or a Dinnington...but as a club we fulfill our fixtures honourably...game time pre season more important than Pride!  Congratulation to Phoenix running Ionians Academy back line so closely ;)