$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Y1 match reports. Good, bad and the none existent.

Y1 match reports. Good, bad and the none existent.

This is a discussion for the topic Y1 match reports. Good, bad and the none existent. on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Y1 match reports. Good, bad and the none existent.  (Read 2988 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
on: September 16, 2014, 07:18:24 AM
There is such a wide range of quality and availability of match reports in Y1, I think its time we had a look.

1) Why do some clubs not seem to publish match reports? Lack of volunteers, lack of will or tactical (sad)?
2) Are some clubs biased in their reporting?
3) Are some clubs deluded in their reporting?
4) Which clubs are most balanced?
5) Is it reasonable at a good standard of rugby (which Y1 is) to expect teams to publish match reports promptly? We are supposed to be trying to grow the game not keep it secret.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

get that into yer!

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 08:32:46 AM
Which clubs only post when they win?.... The Pikies from the East coast are definitely guilty of this!
*insert something profound here*

The Vole

• A little respect please...
    • Conference Call
Reply #2 on: September 16, 2014, 10:39:14 AM
Wath used to be excellent - with reports and photos from every game. Just had a look on their website and there has only been one item added in the last 3 months.

LighteningBoltProp

• Finding my feet
Reply #3 on: September 17, 2014, 12:46:38 PM
Wath used to be excellent - with reports and photos from every game. Just had a look on their website and there has only been one item added in the last 3 months.

I'm sure you'll be glad to know I've just looked and despite the delay the Wath site has been updated now
One day fat people will rule the world

Sycamore

• Legend
Reply #4 on: September 17, 2014, 02:00:18 PM
Personal view is it's down to laziness, I always enjoy reading club's reports and there is nothing better than a functioning website to have a good read of to see how a club is doing. The pitchero web sites are a bit of a bug bear as they offer the facility for a club to lock the content so that you have to register with pitchero in able to gain access. I know his Lordship isn't a fan of these.

Your website and match reports are a good advertisement of a club and seeing a defunct looking web site with no reports is a put off to potential players and fans in my opinion.

Tasker

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: September 17, 2014, 05:00:07 PM

My missus did the website last year, but with starting a new job it takes a little longer than it used to. But will get done.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 05:03:17 PM by Wath-Youngster »
The artist formally known as Wath-Youngster

rugby_ninja

Reply #6 on: September 17, 2014, 05:11:05 PM

My missus did the website last year, but with starting a new job it takes a little longer than it used to. But will get done.

Yeah, being your housekeeper must take up a lot of her time...

chef

• Forum old hand
Reply #7 on: September 17, 2014, 05:14:21 PM
Nudge to website managers to get all reports up to speed!  I'm on with ours now...the race has begun  ;D