Author Topic: 27th September  (Read 3542 times)

Offline kronos47

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
Re: 27th September
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2014, 02:18:20 PM »
How are the ex Sheff lot getting on at Hills, all in the 1st team I have seen?

We playing u guys on the 11th I think at your place so will be an interesting competition to see how those guys compete against our current team?
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Offline kronos47

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2014, 02:34:06 PM »
Also meant to ask, was Sam Kerry playing Hooker in place of Karl Morts, or playing at prop?
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Offline needanewknee

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2014, 04:28:52 PM »
How are the ex Sheff lot getting on at Hills, all in the 1st team I have seen?

We playing u guys on the 11th I think at your place so will be an interesting competition to see how those guys compete against our current team?
They're all doing well and deserve their places, all train regularly and do the hard work in matches, the most important thing for me is none of them are prima donnas and 'fit in'.
Moose in particular has been exceptional.
Sam was playing prop.
Will you be over on the 11th or are you with the 2s?

Offline kronos47

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2014, 08:05:48 PM »
I will most probably be with the 2s, chum which is great but I do think it's a shame to miss the good contests.
I watched Hills play against Ilkley and thought your loose head who was a hell of a size was very good so I am assuming that's the chap, huge for a hooker, seemed huge for a LH prop.
Glad to hear the fellas are doing well and Moose was always a real asset in attack, the team definitely looks fitter.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Offline needanewknee

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2014, 09:39:39 PM »
I will most probably be with the 2s, chum which is great but I do think it's a shame to miss the good contests.
I watched Hills play against Ilkley and thought your loose head who was a hell of a size was very good so I am assuming that's the chap, huge for a hooker, seemed huge for a LH prop.
Glad to hear the fellas are doing well and Moose was always a real asset in attack, the team definitely looks fitter.
Yes that's him.
I helped coach our last colts team who have now progressed to the senior ranks, we've got 7 of those playing regularly now in the 1sts (2 currently injured) and another 2 who've played this season, we always used to have some good games against Sheff Colts, how many of yours are now playing in the 1sts? our lads are 20,21,22.

Offline kronos47

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2014, 10:10:20 PM »
Probably about 7 also, it does depend from week to week.
In the 2s and 3 it's higher with probably about 10 out of the team (2nds this Saturday) coming through from the junior section. there ages do range though from 19 to about 30", most at the younger end.
We seem to struggle however to find front row players IMO, not the case at Hills I would suspect?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2014, 10:13:25 PM by kronos47 »
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Offline needanewknee

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2014, 10:21:30 PM »
Yes we are ok at the moment, our problem is we have no other junior teams coming through apart from under 8s/9s , it's always been that way though.

Offline Screech

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 12:17:08 PM »
Just like to further the above points really, speaking on behalf of me and chalky. WH have been really good to us, very accomodating and make us feel more than at home. Enjoying my rugby again and getting some good results. Great atmosphere around the team at the moment and the new facilities just rounding everything off nicely! Up the Wheatley!

I think my short stint at Dronfield might even have improved my defensive game but the lads at Wheatley know I'm made of chocolate so protect me well!

Offline Kellythorpe

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 12:32:47 PM »
Bees v Driff on sat. B&B 34 - D 33.  What a strange game this was. The 1st half was all Bees when they scored 4 tries and were up 26 - 3. After half time Driff got a grip on themselves, scored 4 tries and won the second half 30 - 8. This was a good turnaround considering the team was weak because of injuries and farming commitments. The pack are young apart from Jeremy Harrison at 42! Bees have good centres in NZ man Driver and Tafa from,I assume, South seas who are strong runners and Cokell in the back row keeps going forward with purpose. Kitching for Driff at Fly half played well as the game went on, bringing Stephenson and Smith into play, but the main reason was the pack who in spite of being smaller harried, tackled and at last got some ball.