$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 11th Oct predictions ( Y4 week off to ensure we play mid winter)

11th Oct predictions ( Y4 week off to ensure we play mid winter)

This is a discussion for the topic 11th Oct predictions ( Y4 week off to ensure we play mid winter) on the board Yorkshire 4.

Author Topic: 11th Oct predictions ( Y4 week off to ensure we play mid winter)  (Read 11166 times)

Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
Reply #15 on: September 30, 2014, 11:49:24 AM
So Mos backs will get ripped apart v Wetherby? you mean the same backs that ripped you apart you on the first game of the season Jimmy?

Alright princess, don't get upset! Yes you completely ripped us apart first game of the season, but what's that got to do with you playing Wetherby?

Wetherby's backs were a class act against our first choice backline last weekend which is what I based my prediction on. Sorry if I hurt your feelings.

I'd love for you prove me wrong to keep the league interesting, rather than one team running away with it.

It wasn't any sort of dig at Mosborough, I think every team in the league will struggle against Wetherby.

Best of luck!

Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
Reply #16 on: September 30, 2014, 11:56:52 AM
Haha! He did for the first half Jimmy85 as i had a little trouble to do with the time i was supposed to be at the airport...and only got back for the second half! I dropped back into the role for the second half ;)

Haha, heard about your mix-up with your airport run! Did you end up with a fine / D!ck of the day for that?!?

Vandals10

• One of the boys
Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 12:55:13 PM
10 pound fine and d*ck of the day! Brutal fines system at Halifax eh Lock at last!

ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
Reply #18 on: September 30, 2014, 12:57:47 PM
I know mate, see you next week are playing 15 just so I can plan the up and unders ;D

Vandals10

• One of the boys
Reply #19 on: September 30, 2014, 01:02:56 PM
Certainly am mate

Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
Reply #20 on: September 30, 2014, 01:51:14 PM
10 pound fine and d*ck of the day! Brutal fines system at Halifax eh Lock at last!

£10 fine!!!  :o   You lot must be posh up there, £10 would be way too much to take out of our lads dole money!  ;D

Vandals10

• One of the boys
Reply #21 on: September 30, 2014, 02:21:34 PM
My beer money for the night was gone from all the fines! Found myself begging the barmaid at the club for beers! haha

Lock at last!

• One of the boys
Reply #22 on: September 30, 2014, 03:31:45 PM
Something tells me my fine will beat that this week!

Vandals10

• One of the boys
Reply #23 on: September 30, 2014, 03:41:23 PM
Without doubt!!!

TheTalent

• Finding my feet
Reply #24 on: September 30, 2014, 07:20:29 PM
Hornsea  vs Halifax Vandals - Hornsea's backs will edge it, if they can get enough ball.

Knaresborough vs York Railway Institute  - York RI by 20+

Leeds Corinthians vs Ossett - Corinthians, but close. Ossett lack stand out players but not bad all over.

Sheffield Oaks vs Wensleydale - Wensleydale comfortably

Skipton vs Halifax - Have to say Skipton, Halifax average against us.

Wetherby vs Mosborough - Unless Mosborough have recruited heavily since last year, Wetherby with another bonus point win.

shamu

• Finding my feet
Reply #25 on: September 30, 2014, 09:43:18 PM
We have had a decent start this season but haven't played any of the top table except wetherby and we took our medicine there, so Knaresborough will be an interesting local encounter. One thing I will say about wetherby is the reason for their recent run of form is because they have paid lads to come back from the likes of Harrogate and leeds to bolster the squad, apparently most were from their juniors originally so I personally don't see anything wrong with this.. others maybe would disagree?

#OneClub

• Finding my feet
Reply #26 on: September 30, 2014, 11:29:34 PM
I'm one of the lads that's come back to Wetherby and I can tell you as a matter of fact,  no one is getting a penny. Yorks 4 paying players or even having the finicial backing to do so... You must be having a laugh.

Thesaint26

• One of the boys
Reply #27 on: October 01, 2014, 07:45:01 AM
I don't think it is any bodies business who pays who and what... From a vandals point of view, wetherby were very classy from 1-20 and could quite easily handle Y3 on that form. If a club can and want to invest and move up... You have to respect their efforts. I thoroughly enjoyed the encounter and agree with jimmy, their backs are very good and bloody quick. Left wing is a big unit too... Could've had 4 tries if not for a lucky hand over the try line.
Looking forward to our coach trip to Hornsea next week... Could be fun!

Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
Reply #28 on: October 01, 2014, 10:23:22 AM
I'm one of the lads that's come back to Wetherby and I can tell you as a matter of fact,  no one is getting a penny. Yorks 4 paying players or even having the finicial backing to do so... You must be having a laugh.

What sort of standard have your returning lads come back from? Good to hear that your all there for the right reasons rather than £££.

#OneClub

• Finding my feet
Reply #29 on: October 01, 2014, 11:54:34 AM
National 2 for a couple and few lads returning from university after a few years in the BUCS leagues