$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; How many refs does your Y1 club provide to the society?

How many refs does your Y1 club provide to the society?

This is a discussion for the topic How many refs does your Y1 club provide to the society? on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: How many refs does your Y1 club provide to the society?  (Read 2915 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
The theory is that if every club provided the same number of refs to the society as senior teams they run there shouldn't because shortage of refs.

So in our case say 3 teams should be three refs. We fall woefully short with a single society ref who I believe is a level 8. We have a second who does club matches but isn't a society ref.

How many clubs manage to meet the informal quota? Who has none?

What can we do to encourage more people to take up the whistle and join the society?

We seem to have stacks of folk who have done ref courses and are able to ref mini and junior games but how do we get them to move onto being committed regular Saturday refs, trained to a standard that means they can join the society and take charge of senior games.

Any thoughts?
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Kellythorpe

• One of the boys
Reply #1 on: October 11, 2014, 01:33:41 PM
Driff now has 3 Society refs.  We did have more, but old age has taken its toll.

TMO

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #2 on: October 11, 2014, 01:58:28 PM
Whitby 2 teams 6 society refs
http://www.whitbyrugbyclub.co.uk/
@whitbyref
info@whitbyrugbyclub.co.uk

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #3 on: October 11, 2014, 02:28:36 PM
That's very good!

west vale lad

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: October 11, 2014, 08:29:49 PM
Heath have 2 Society refs

Radio Gnome

• Legend
  • I, for one, like Roman numerals.
Reply #5 on: October 11, 2014, 09:35:48 PM
Whitby 2 teams 6 society refs

All refereeing in Yorkshire?
Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
That I got no cerebellum -  Ramones 1977

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #6 on: October 13, 2014, 09:58:54 PM
The theory is that if every club provided the same number of refs to the society as senior teams they run there shouldn't because shortage of refs.

So in our case say 3 teams should be three refs. We fall woefully short with a single society ref who I believe is a level 8. We have a second who does club matches but isn't a society ref.

What can we do to encourage more people to take up the whistle and join the society?

We seem to have stacks of folk who have done ref courses and are able to ref mini and junior games but how do we get them to move onto being committed regular Saturday refs, trained to a standard that means they can join the society and take charge of senior games.

Any thoughts?

Surely if every club provided the same amount of refs as teams they run, their would be too many refs  :o
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #7 on: October 14, 2014, 12:06:51 PM
How sweet... the glorious optimism of youth!

Sail By

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #8 on: October 14, 2014, 12:26:27 PM
I believe that we provide 2 Society refs.
We also have around 4 lads who do 3rd to 5th team games.

Earlier today one of the society refs has agreed to co-ordinate all Selby refs, including juniors, to mentor them and make sure that they are aware of the training sessions and courses around the county.

Shares in Staples will be going up as we will obviously need more clipboards!

Muted Response

• Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #9 on: October 14, 2014, 03:20:08 PM

Any thoughts?

Surely if every club provided the same amount of refs as teams they run, their would be too many refs  :o
I'll help you WL XIII . . .
There will be twice as many as is required  ;D

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #10 on: October 14, 2014, 04:51:29 PM
Assuming every ref and can every level and all are available and not injured.