$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Referee feedback form

Referee feedback form

This is a discussion for the topic Referee feedback form on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Referee feedback form  (Read 11554 times)

Mr C Gull

• Finding my feet
Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 06:56:42 PM
I wasnt there myself, following the younger lads down the coast in Hull, but the talk on Sunday morning was of a certain case of a penalty try which the ref refused to give despite carding the Ilkley player involved. The seven points to Scarborough could have changed the result, the bottom of the table is looking to go down to the wire.

Pristine Shorts

• A little respect please...
Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 07:00:11 PM
Neither of the two cards given to Ilkley players could remotely have also resulted in a penalty try being awarded. The first was on the Ilkley 10 yards line and the second on the Scarb 10 yard line.  Specsavers maybe ? 

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #32 on: February 13, 2011, 07:02:48 PM
Hmmm..... I'm not complaining about the result that would be invidious.. however when a driving maul started on the 22 is illegally stopped on the try line by a player running round and dragging down (resulting in a yellow card for the player) would you not think that warrants a penalty try? As it happens the referees assessor said it should have been a red card and a penalty try...
Anyhow I’m not complaining, you take the rough with the smooth and Scarborough giving away 5 kickable penalties was their undoing (however you did say there was no bad decisions!!).
As a foot note, Scarborough knew the ref was an ex Ilkley player before the game and they didn’t and don’t have an issue with that – we need more ex-players refereeing. He is also a very good friend of a Scarborough official and stayed the night in Scarborough and went out in town and bumped into many of the Scarborough boys. Despite a decision which could ultimately cost Scarborough dearly nobody gave him any grief at all about the penalty try that wasn’t (well maybe some light-hearted ribbing).... and why? Because that is what makes rugby union what it is, respect for the referee, each other and final score... something those at the top of the game would do well to remember...
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #33 on: February 13, 2011, 07:09:20 PM
I saw the incident and thought the card was warranted, but I really don't think a penalty try was even an option as Scarb were miles ( or km ) from the Ilkley line, but as you suggest, it was a well-fought contest and for the record, I'm sure Scarb will stay up...

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #34 on: February 13, 2011, 07:10:44 PM
Post me your email address and I'll arrange for the match vid to be sent to you  ;) ;)

marky mark

• Legend
Reply #35 on: February 13, 2011, 08:32:17 PM
yellow card penalty try !!!
If at first you dont succeed give in your probably rubbish !

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #36 on: February 13, 2011, 09:44:04 PM
as in = penalty try??

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #37 on: February 14, 2011, 08:30:37 AM
Thank you for clarification of the whisper - my sources are every bit as accurate as BRB's  ;D

I wasn't aware of the ref's affiliations, however, but thank Shorts for enlightening us in his version of a "No9 moment"  :o

With Ilkley-based refs at Scarb AND York apparently getting things seriously wrong and affecting the games' results, (should Scarb end up being relegated by a margin of less than 4 points I'm not sure Bandit's magnanimity will be quite so effuse!) I return to the question I posed some time ago about the Caesar's wife principle in referee allocation. ??? ???
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

eboracum

Reply #38 on: February 14, 2011, 08:48:24 AM
STRANGE THE REFEREE AT THE YORK/CASTLEFORD GAME HAD AN AFFILIATION WITH ILKLEY ALSO.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #39 on: February 14, 2011, 08:51:06 AM
To BRB and RH - first, an apology - I was referring to the flanker's yellow card, not the winger's right at the end of the game. As I was perched next to the Scarb cameraman, it was difficult to see what was happening down in the botom right-hand corner.  Our intrepid match reporter saw the incident though and mentions ' justifiable ' appeals for a penalty try ( you can read the report on the Ilkley website )

So far as the ref's home town is concerned, I don't think you can really do a lot about it, such is the dearth of refs at our level. At the end of a 26-match season, it may be that a single decision effectively sends a side down, but so does a knock-on with the line begging, or missed kicks at goal. As happens in soccer, I would say that over a season it all equals out.  

medici

• One of the boys
Reply #40 on: February 14, 2011, 09:01:35 AM
i thought yes he should have awarded a penaly try, but i also thought he was the best ref i've had while i've been in england and i still think the better team won on the day.

''Happy?''
« Last Edit: February 14, 2011, 09:25:40 AM by medici »

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #41 on: February 14, 2011, 09:06:00 AM
In this country, we use the Queen's English, as in "BETTER team" when there are only two teams..... >:(
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #42 on: February 14, 2011, 10:44:14 AM
I'm still non the wiser as to whether there is a Ref Feedback Card or not?

backrowbandit

• God
Reply #43 on: February 24, 2011, 08:50:32 AM
This is the Thread you need to tkae with you Rob (or Mr B)