$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Predictions 25th Oct

Predictions 25th Oct

This is a discussion for the topic Predictions 25th Oct on the board Yorkshire 4.

Author Topic: Predictions 25th Oct  (Read 3412 times)

ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
on: October 20, 2014, 01:33:37 PM
Hornsea vs Wensleydale - A journey and a half, Hornsea 18 - Dale 13

Knaresborough vs Mosborough - Borough doing it tough this year, however like a punt Borough 27 - Mos 20

Leeds Corinthians vs Halifax - A assume an open champagne rugby fest from both sides ;) Leeds 9 - Fax 9

Ossett vs York Railway Institute - Played them both, York not going to lose many on last weeks form, Ossett 10 - York 25

Skipton vs Halifax Vandals - Vandal doing well after a shakey start, unlike Leeds & Fax this will be a boring kicking game, Skipton 40 - Vandals 39

Wetherby vs Sheffield Oaks - I might and hope I am wrong but, Wetherby 85 - Oaks 10

old style prop

• anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #1 on: October 20, 2014, 02:14:23 PM
Hornsea vs Wensleydale - early doors yet, but to me based on results so far its looking like a scrap between these 2 sides as to who will be at the bottom with knaresborough, so a big game for both teams, as not only could this be a ten pointer but may also be the chance for one of the teams to gain some confidence and possible kick on (and a couple of wins is all it takes to jump a few places up the league). As old 9 said long old trip on the road so my money is on Hornsea.

Knaresborough vs Mosborough - Back at home hopefully Knaresborough will get something like a competitive side out but i think Mosborough will have too much strength in the forwards for them and i cant see knaresborough getting much clean first phase ball. Mosborough actually have quite a quick lad out on the wing and this just might be the first game of the season were he gets some ball, i just hope if this does happen that he has not forgotten how to catch it.

Leeds Corinthians vs Halifax - looks tie of the week to me and expecting a close one with LC to win by a few.

Ossett vs York Railway Institute - Ossett's place in league table surprises me and at start of season would have had this down as an Ossett win but on current form have to go with RI.

Skipton vs Halifax Vandals - Would not be surprised by a vandalls win but taking Skipton to win with home advantage.

Wetherby vs Sheffield Oaks - What has happened to Oaks this season ? i felt they had steadily improved over the course of last year and were looking like progressing to a solid mid table team but they seem to have gone backwards this season. I hope i am wrong, as like most people i would prefer to see a good contest, but i fear this will be a cricket score. Only slight concern being this is first game old 9 has predicted us to win this season and with his form on predictions things could all go Pete Tong.

ye olde 9

Reply #2 on: October 20, 2014, 04:14:07 PM
Funny.

ClbNrg

• Legend
Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 04:32:26 PM
Hornsea vs Wensleydale - Hornsea home win, would be a good one to watch.

Knaresborough vs Mosborough - Mos look to have improved on last season.

Leeds Corinthians vs Halifax - LC at home.

Ossett vs York Railway Institute - York RI look to have hit good form.

Skipton vs Halifax Vandals - Skipton just making home advantage count.

Wetherby vs Sheffield Oaks - Oaks struggling, Wetherby flying, could be a big score.

Good luck all.

Young Hollisman

• Finding my feet
Reply #4 on: October 21, 2014, 10:19:41 AM
Hornsea v Wensleydale - Tough game last week against a very strong Mos side, but defiantly positives to take from it. Having not played Dale yet, a bit of an unknown but I would suggest our form warrants that first elusive win. Backing ourselves with Home advantage - Hornsea Win

Knaresborough v Mosborough - Having only played Mos, can't really see past a win for those guys. Some quick backs but very strong upfront. Mosborough Win

Leeds Corinthians v Halifax - Again, Having only played Fax think this will be a close affair to call and a very physical encounter for all involved. But have to back LC at home - LC Win

Ossett v York Railway Institute - Both very strong up front, and will be heavily contested at set piece were I predict the game will be won. YRI on good form and showed good spirit when we played them, I would say though Ossett very strong at home, Close to call - Ossett Win (Just)

Skipton v Halifax Vandals - Battle of the 10's here I reckon, Which ever 10 can put their team in good positions will win. Fax (Only just)

Wetherby v Sheffield - Hard to see past Wetherby on this one im afraid. Wetherby Win

good luck to all, some very tough games this week, good to see Y4 being this competitive!!

Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
Reply #5 on: October 21, 2014, 10:29:26 AM
Hornsea vs Wensleydale     -     Hornsea to get their first win. Hornsea 20 Wensleydale 7

Knaresborough vs Mosborough     -     Mos looking good this year. Knaresborough seem to be way off even competing with anybody. Knares 0 Mos 80.

Leeds Corinthians vs Halifax     -     The two promotion candidates battling for 2nd spot. Think home advantage could just sway it, especially if Fax have a few lads who won't play away games. Corinthians 26 Fax 17

Ossett vs York Railway Institute     -     York have had some great results so far and seem to have progressed from last year. Ossett struggling but always a horrible place to go so could be close. Based on current form I'm going for a York win. Ossett 12 York RI 25

Skipton vs Halifax Vandals     -     Completely disagree with you Mark. I'm going for Skipton 39 Vandals 40  ;D

Wetherby vs Sheffield Oaks     -     Wetherby running away with it already, Sheffield need to turn things round quickly to avoid the drop. Wetherby's wide open pitch will be bad news for Sheffield. Wetherby 60 Sheffield Oaks 0

Vandals10

• One of the boys
Reply #6 on: October 21, 2014, 11:33:21 AM
Hornsea vs Wensleydale     -     With it been such a long journye for Dale think Hornsea will secure first win of the year -Hornsea 10+

Knaresborough vs Mosborough     - Can only see this been a Mosborough victory as Knaresborough are struggling atm for numbers etc - Mosborough 40+

Leeds Corinthians vs Halifax     -     Leeds is a tough place to travel to and we havent had the best results there over last couple of years. However I hear Leeds have a few missing and we are on a bit of a role at the minute and have a good buzz about the team so backing us in a close and tough encounter - Halifax by 3

Ossett vs York Railway Institute     -     Ossett should definitely not be written off for this one and they showed the strength of their pack against us last week, think this is a tough one to call but due to recent results going – York by 5.

Skipton vs Halifax Vandals     -     Should be a very good game as Vandals seem to have improved dramatically in the last couple of fixtures, however Skipton backs will be hard for them to deal with – Skipton by 5.

Wetherby vs Sheffield Oaks     -     Can’t see anything other than a Wetherby victory, no disrespect to Oaks just they are a very strong side this year – Wetherby 40+

Gilly

• One of the boys
Reply #7 on: October 23, 2014, 12:53:20 PM
Hornsea vs Wensleydale     - Going for Hornsea to win this one, but close with Wensleydale getting a losing BP.

Knaresborough vs Mosborough   - Mosborough to get a BP win.

Leeds Corinthians vs Halifax  - This is going to be a tough contest can't see there being much in it but going to back Halifax to win by a couple of points. Leeds to get losing BP.

Ossett vs York Railway Institute - Ossett not going as well as expected and RI doing very well so far. I think this may change this week and Ossett will get a narrow win.

Skipton vs Halifax Vandals - Vandals to sneak a win but Skipton to get 2 BPs.

Wetherby vs Sheffield Oaks   - Big BP win for Wetherby.