$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; North One East Scores Round 8 Oct 25th 2014

North One East Scores Round 8 Oct 25th 2014

This is a discussion for the topic North One East Scores Round 8 Oct 25th 2014 on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: North One East Scores Round 8 Oct 25th 2014  (Read 11713 times)

Burnsy

• A little respect please...
    • Twitter
Reply #15 on: October 25, 2014, 07:40:22 PM
We were outgunned in the forwards, especially in the tight, but not the backs. However, you can't play without the ball. Hills deserved their win and Ilkley deserved their two bonus points. No complaints, though there were plenty from the Hills crowd about the referee.

You can maybe understand some of the complaints, was very quick to dish out yellows for our penalties in the 22, how many did Ilkley have leading up to the penalty try? But some go too far and it's not hard to see why refs go against us so often, if I was reffing I'd give hills no favours.
6 Nations Prediction League Winner Due To Botts Generosity 2011

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.

Nolly

• One of the boys
Reply #16 on: October 25, 2014, 08:44:53 PM
We were outgunned in the forwards, especially in the tight, but not the backs. However, you can't play without the ball. Hills deserved their win and Ilkley deserved their two bonus points. No complaints, though there were plenty from the Hills crowd about the referee.

You can maybe understand some of the complaints, was very quick to dish out yellows for our penalties in the 22, how many did Ilkley have leading up to the penalty try? But some go too far and it's not hard to see why refs go against us so often, if I was reffing I'd give hills no favours.

Anyone find out why he blew the final whilstle when he did? We were about to do a quick tap penalty then he blew up!

Pristine Shorts

Reply #17 on: October 25, 2014, 08:46:51 PM
Lack of discipline really I think, Burnsy. The Hills forwards were so on top - one card for throwing the ball away, another for pulling down in the line-out and the last for a petulant holding on to the ball to prevent a quick penalty.

Ilkley didn't get a card, but they did correctly concede the penalty try. As all the forwards were taking a bashing, maybe the ref couldn't identify an individual ?

Too much gob from the touchline too perhaps... doesn't exactly endear the ref I suspect.     

kronos47

Reply #18 on: October 25, 2014, 10:19:16 PM
It's funny that because when we Sheffield, played them, that was the situation also. Apparently the refs all know what they are going to get. A not very fun environments in which to ref in as the supporters tend to give them over the top verbal.
Wonder why the committee don't do anything about it?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 10:47:30 PM by kronos47 »
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Dalesman

• Finding my feet
Reply #19 on: October 25, 2014, 10:31:07 PM
How nice to win in Yorkshire,  and deservedly too. woo hoo

kronos47

Reply #20 on: October 25, 2014, 10:32:58 PM
Dinnington 0-22 Sheffield

We scored 3 tries, 2 conversions and a penalty.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

kronos47

Reply #21 on: October 25, 2014, 10:35:28 PM
How nice to win in Yorkshire,  and deservedly too. woo hoo
I made the incorrect assumption that you were from Ilkley. So is it Northern or Percy Park?
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Harry Hotspur

• Finding my feet
Reply #22 on: October 25, 2014, 11:01:30 PM
Kronos I think you will find that it's Rochdale who beat Bees today.

kronos47

Reply #23 on: October 25, 2014, 11:03:34 PM
D'oh! Of course. Thick as.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Burnsy

• Twitter
Reply #24 on: October 26, 2014, 06:04:59 AM
Lack of discipline really I think, Burnsy. The Hills forwards were so on top - one card for throwing the ball away, another for pulling down in the line-out and the last for a petulant holding on to the ball to prevent a quick penalty.

Ilkley didn't get a card, but they did correctly concede the penalty try. As all the forwards were taking a bashing, maybe the ref couldn't identify an individual ?

Too much gob from the touchline too perhaps... doesn't exactly endear the ref I suspect.     

The line out was pulled down by 4 players, I agree a yellow should have been show, if 3 minutes earlier your line out had down exactly the same in your 22 after we'd drove it, there was no penalty. I fully agree it's because of the stick the ref gets, certain refs come to Wheatley in a biased frame of mind because of their previous visits, it's not right but I cant blame them one bit, I'd be exactly the same, if I was moaned at every decision .
6 Nations Prediction League Winner Due To Botts Generosity 2011

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.

Dalesman

• Finding my feet
Reply #25 on: October 26, 2014, 08:46:24 AM
Well done Mr Hotspur,  there are "dales" in Lancashire too.

Ribbflagman

Reply #26 on: October 26, 2014, 08:56:02 AM
No pretty ones.

Dalesman

• Finding my feet
Reply #27 on: October 26, 2014, 09:18:17 AM
granted, there does seem to be a plethora of them on the wrong side of the hill.

needanewknee

• One of the boys
Reply #28 on: October 26, 2014, 10:49:13 AM

The line out was pulled down by 4 players, I agree a yellow should have been show, if 3 minutes earlier your line out had down exactly the same in your 22 after we'd drove it, there was no penalty. I fully agree it's because of the stick the ref gets, certain refs come to Wheatley in a biased frame of mind because of their previous visits, it's not right but I cant blame them one bit, I'd be exactly the same, if I was moaned at every decision .
The truth is ever since the much publicised collision there has been bias from some, not all of the local referees with one proclaiming that he hates Wheatley Hills. Another turning and laughing at the crowd after awarding a questionable try. It is noticeably different when you get a referee from out of area.
A lot of the crowd are ex players and can see the injustice, but who should know better & keep quiet, however there are just one or two who complain (very loudly) about everything who havn't got a clue. Not that I haven't heard the same at every other ground I've visited, Old Crocs and Hudd YMCA being good examples.

kronos47

Reply #29 on: October 26, 2014, 06:32:35 PM
I also think there is the possibility that some maybe intimidated into giving popular decisions as can't always be that pleasant being constantly harangued.
*Oscar Wilde 1895