$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Derby Day

Derby Day

This is a discussion for the topic Derby Day on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Derby Day  (Read 5841 times)

wainhouse tower

• Finding my feet
on: October 29, 2014, 10:26:03 PM
Heath v Brods...a match that has the potential to define a season for the Halifax based clubs in Y1. A mouth watering contest in store, who will stand up and be counted?

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #1 on: October 30, 2014, 06:02:32 AM
Are you suggesting the winners may pull away from the red zone and the losers will be stuck in the mire?  I think Heath will win this one but I have a feeling OBs will come good.
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Oldandslow

Reply #2 on: October 30, 2014, 07:55:55 AM
Heath v Brods is a hard result to call I've gone for Brods (-7) in the predictions, so with my track record Heath may well win.

On a wider point I think Saturday plus the next two rounds (15 & 22 November) will show who is in the mire.

On Saturday as well as Heath v Brods , Ponte go to North Ribb and Brid  play York.

On the 15 November we have Brid v Heath, Ponte v Brods & Scarborough v North Ribb.

On the 22 November we have Heath v Ponte, Brods v Scarborough & North Ribb v Selby.

On the back of 2 x 2 bonus point results against Malton & Middlesborough I expect Ponte to win their next three games and be heading to Scarborough on the 29 November looking to make it four wins in November.

Veteran

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: October 30, 2014, 08:59:42 AM
Ponty have to be the poorest team I have seen this year. Not seen brods or ribb yet.

neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
Reply #4 on: October 30, 2014, 12:22:34 PM
Its the old chestnut isn't it veteran.

You see the team on the day that clubs are able to put out with all the injuries and unavailabilities that occur in a season.

The worst team I have seen was Middleborough and look where they are in the league (where are they???).

Still a long way to go both Heath and Brod's will come good its a matter of when and will it be too late.

Looking forward to good day on Saturday you playing WT???

« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 12:24:21 PM by neverplayedstandoff »
Y1 Pundits league winner 2010/11 seems a long time ago

wainhouse tower

• Finding my feet
Reply #5 on: October 30, 2014, 05:21:33 PM
@brb - both teams have the potential to dig themselves out of a Y1 hole, some of the rugby played recently has demonstrated that potential. It's still early days and those clubs above can/will  find a baron patch over the winter months.

@npso - a derby game...it would be rude not to, particularly when you are buying the beers!

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #6 on: October 30, 2014, 08:42:10 PM
I'm looking forward to 6 local derbies in Yorkshire 2 next season????

Shed

• Forum old hand
Reply #7 on: October 31, 2014, 12:13:43 AM
With the 2nd team game kicking off at 12.30 also down at west vale it's sure to a cracking day, and another clean sweep for the woodhead boys will do nicely!

Edited to say I'm sure both teams will come good, it's without doubt a tight league this year!

real-ale

• One of the boys
  • rugby and beer and pork pies
Reply #8 on: October 31, 2014, 10:40:50 AM
Last years trip to Heath was described thus in the match report: "As the 0-3 scoreline suggests, there was little to get excited about in a Yorkshire One contest played under floodlights on a damp, gloomy afternoon."

Well it's a beautiful day today in Calderdale, with the forecast good for tomorrow, so I may take the ten minute trip to Heath and I am sure it will be a better spectacle than last season.

neverplayedstandoff

• Deputy Moderator
Reply #9 on: October 31, 2014, 11:48:08 AM
I'm looking forward to 6 local derbies in Yorkshire 2 next season????

You have written off Rishies promotion hopes then, mind you Ben Black wont be there much longer will he?
Y1 Pundits league winner 2010/11 seems a long time ago

Fredsbar

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
Reply #10 on: October 31, 2014, 10:58:29 PM
Just being realistic! Have a good day tomorrow 3-3.

real-ale

• One of the boys
  • rugby and beer and pork pies
Reply #11 on: November 03, 2014, 09:56:06 AM
Well it was a beautiful day for a Derby. Though I got a little cold in the second half and had to
creep indoors for a couple of pints of Wainright. Very competent Heath performance and Brods struggling with injuries still firmly rooted at the foot of the table.

Some pics from the game
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/oldbrodleiansfirstxv/photos/heath-14-old-brods-3--nov-1st-537137.html

Pristine Shorts

Reply #12 on: November 03, 2014, 10:23:33 AM
I don't recall a season in which so many clubs have had so many injuries so early on ! And it's no different for us.