$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; results 1st november

results 1st november

This is a discussion for the topic results 1st november on the board Yorkshire 4.

Author Topic: results 1st november  (Read 7680 times)

selall

• One of the boys
on: November 01, 2014, 04:12:54 PM
Wetherby 69-7 Leeds Corinthians

ye olde 9

• A little respect please...
Reply #1 on: November 01, 2014, 04:27:29 PM
Mos 24 - Skip 21 great game, 21 all with a minute to go. Keen to entertain we turned down 4 kicks in front of post. ;D

mosboro6

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: November 01, 2014, 04:31:24 PM
Keen to entertain we gave you two of the easiest tries you'll ever score and our donut of a winger forgot to put the ball down over the try line. Lol ;) ;) great game played the right way! Done think my ticker could take anymore in them last 5 minutes. :D

oneoftheoldfarts

• One of the boys
Reply #3 on: November 01, 2014, 04:54:11 PM
Vandals 20 - Ossett 5

Jimmy85

• Forum old hand
Reply #4 on: November 01, 2014, 05:17:21 PM
Congrats to Sheff Oaks on your first win! Great set of lads and shows great character to come back from last weeks result with a win! Well done lads!

old style prop

• anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #5 on: November 01, 2014, 05:57:56 PM
Halifax Vandals      20 - 5      Ossett
Mosborough      24 - 21      Skipton
Sheffield Oaks      18 - 12      Hornsea
Wensleydale      24 - 24      Knaresborough
Wetherby              69 - 7      Leeds Corinthians

Looks like a bit of daylight at top table for Wetherby following those results but looking very tight this early on for 2nd place (3 teams within 2 points of each other) and also the fight to avoid relegation(bottom 4 all within 3 points of each other). Big well done to Boro and Oaks for getting some points on the board and keeping the battle alive.

Good luck in the cup all especially for any teams representing our league against the dizzy heights of Y3.

Tacklepad

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: November 01, 2014, 06:10:47 PM
A game of two halves against wensleydale! Could have gone either way they had massive pressure in the first half! And we managed to turn it around in the second half spending vast majority of the game in there half! Shame we couldn't get the clinical finish! Great set of lads though!

Thesaint26

• One of the boys
Reply #7 on: November 01, 2014, 07:15:16 PM
Fun game up at the vandals today. Game played in good to moderately simmering spirit.... All fun and games with a few teddies thrown out the cot!!!! Mainly mine. Ossett were a credit to their club and played really well, putting us under pressure at the start of both halves. I think in the end knowledge of our very strange weather patterns and home field knowledge won us the game, 20-5. Ossett got a few injuries during the game and I hope non serious in nature. Good win for us, we are plodding along really well and I am pleased with the progress my boys are making. Good to see oaks get a win too. Onwards and upwards.

ye olde 9

Reply #8 on: November 01, 2014, 10:06:07 PM
That 2nd place spot is looking more and more like gold for a) Wetherby seem to be on fire, but b) and by far more importantly it's looking like Stockbridge could come back down :D

TonyCurtis

• One of the boys
Reply #9 on: November 02, 2014, 09:58:15 AM
Close game against York RI that could have gone either way. We gifted them two soft tries and were our own worst enemy at times.
However are strong up front and have come on from the side we faced last season. A cracking set of lads too.
Good luck to them for the season.

shamu

• Finding my feet
Reply #10 on: November 02, 2014, 12:20:36 PM
Fully agree Mr Curtis. A very enjoyable game and a decent referee made for a nice afternoon in the autumn sun. Fax looked a different side to me from last year with lots of decent young lads. We played well up front and were happy to come away with a win as we were a bit short in the centres.. man of the match was the Fax 10. I know he has come down a few leagues but he made 2 tries and scored an 80 yard interception.. quality player. We have Corinths coming up but won't be fooled by yesterdays result as they had a lot of players unavailable.. but you can't go short and expect to do well against this seasons Wetherby.

unchosen one

• Finding my feet
Reply #11 on: November 02, 2014, 05:22:26 PM
Shamu - yes, Corinthians had a few players missing but so did Wetherby, we had 7 out. If you play with the same attack you showed us when you play Corinthians you will probably take some points from them. They didn't want to get the ball out wide. Enjoyable game though and agree, if we continue as we are it will be a great fight for second, very close with some good contenders.

Pick My Games

• Finding my feet
Reply #12 on: November 02, 2014, 07:35:59 PM
Very good side for Y4 are Wetherby. First time I've seen them this year and it was easy to see why they are posting the results they have. Apart from the odd addition, they don't look too dissimilar player wise from previous years, just a whole lot better organised and they look like they are committing to the task in hand.

Ossett Coach (no more)

• Legend
Reply #13 on: November 02, 2014, 08:35:59 PM
When we played wetherby we competed well in the loose but were demolished at scrum so never got any platform. Don't think we got ball to our 10 once from scrum. Must have lost over 50% of our scrums. The tight 5 were impressive especially the tight head. We don't get shoved around much by many at scrum time but we got a lesson that day.

They said they had spent a lot if time on it pre season. Looks like it is paying off. 

Has it been a similar story for everyone else?

Dench Winger

• Legend
  • Wingers need speed to suceed
Reply #14 on: November 03, 2014, 11:32:03 AM
Miss the y4 banter :( quick question to anyone with knowledge of Wetherby I am curious do they have a new team?
Ilkley Legend, Otliensians Golden boy, Otley RUFC player.