$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results

Results

This is a discussion for the topic Results on the board Yorkshire 3.

Author Topic: Results  (Read 23263 times)

Its only a game

Reply #30 on: November 23, 2014, 04:38:05 PM
They really did mate.  Grovians pushed ensians all over the week before and also moved cas and mods back.  Your lads really are the best scrummaging side if have seen.

Pig

• One of the boys
Reply #31 on: November 23, 2014, 09:22:47 PM
Maybe I was trying to understand it from the ref's point of view but I can't argue. Our front row has been best set piece unit in Y3 for ages but have been having a crisis of confidence for the past few weeks. Found their mojo on Saturday though.

That's a massive call.... Always decent don't get me wrong, and even better when you had Bunny, but I've played Rotherham loads and there has always been better scrummaging teams around.....last year Goole were outstanding for example..... Technically good lads, presume it's the Titans coaching? But not the best set unit by any stretch.

dave t

• Forum old hand
Reply #32 on: November 23, 2014, 10:38:55 PM
Seem to remember our boys giving Goole a hard time last season to be honest.

Dench Winger

• Legend
  • Wingers need speed to suceed
Reply #33 on: November 24, 2014, 12:39:31 PM
still surprised us and hgate kept one another from scoring so well some good defense yesterday from both teams it has to be said

Dench whats the handicap for second row trys to winger trys?

One try is equal to three? Does that seem fair?
Ilkley Legend, Otliensians Golden boy, Otley RUFC player.

Boatracer

• Legend
  • Lose on the pitch, win by the bar.
Reply #34 on: November 24, 2014, 01:25:46 PM
still surprised us and hgate kept one another from scoring so well some good defense yesterday from both teams it has to be said

Ooo I don't know, would you expect a lock to score every three games. What about 1 to ten?
Yes, my scrum cap is wee coloured...

Chunky

• Forum old hand
Reply #35 on: November 24, 2014, 01:30:58 PM
Great to finally get a second win on the board. A lot of hard graft against a tough Burley unit. A few chances going astray as we were trying a bit too hard at times. But a win is a win, even if it's by one point.

Just to mention the tackle, it was a bit unfortunate with the guy's momentum taking the up but it was down to our lad to not take him over the horizontal and bring him down safely. The yellow card could have been seen as harsh but by the letter of the law is the correct decision. He got himself back by trying to tackle your winger, missing and cracking himself in the nose with his hand.

Now on to next week, Baildon away. Obviously after their comfortable win at home vs Bramley, this beckons to be a potential 5 pointer for them. :o

Dench Winger

• Legend
  • Wingers need speed to suceed
Reply #36 on: November 24, 2014, 04:26:56 PM

Ooo I don't know, would you expect a lock to score every three games. What about 1 to ten?

Ten you'd be ahead of me with two try's surely that's too generous how many do you have thus far?
Ilkley Legend, Otliensians Golden boy, Otley RUFC player.

WPLREF

• Finding my feet
Reply #37 on: November 24, 2014, 07:46:39 PM
Im confused by the Y3 forum. You complain when you get a referee who isnt good enough for this level but then as soon as a referee refs to a higher level as to which he expects the players to rise to his level you still complain... you cant have it both ways. I would expect better saying that the referee brought on the dissent and abuse... noone deserves that so how about next week a referee doesnt turn up for your game. Disgusting.

Dench Winger Senior

• One of the boys
Reply #38 on: November 24, 2014, 08:55:59 PM
Hay I think you will find if you read all the comments not everyone is moaning about the Refs!

Too Old But Cant Stop

• Forum old hand
Reply #39 on: November 24, 2014, 08:59:24 PM

Ten you'd be ahead of me with two try's surely that's too generous how many do you have thus far?

1/10 seems a bit steep, however Dench it's job to score tries and BB's to give players like you front foot ball. 

Relieved

Reply #40 on: November 24, 2014, 09:03:40 PM
Before each game each referee usually explains what he or she will be looking for from both teams throughout the match. I hope that both teams were told exactly what was expected inside the red zone and what would be done if either team transgressed. If this was done then neither team has a defence from Saturday's game at Grovians. However, if this was not done before the game then I would hope that, in future, the referee concerned will get both skippers together before his or her next game and lay it on the line exactly what he expects. Please Sirs can you make sure this happens before each game if you don't already do this, it seems like common sense to prevent all the negative hot air that has been posted on this site this week.

WPLREF

• Finding my feet
Reply #41 on: November 24, 2014, 09:44:15 PM
Are refs expected to tell the players the way he/she will referee for the entire game? I dont think so. I would expect these players... as the majority seem to think they are playing in the National leagues, to know not to transgress inside their 22. And after the first yellow is given without warning, expect no warning to be given. I tell the captains I am looking for positive play, if people arent being positive, expect not to get many decisions.

Pig

• One of the boys
Reply #42 on: November 24, 2014, 10:20:02 PM
Are refs expected to tell the players the way he/she will referee for the entire game? I dont think so. I would expect these players... as the majority seem to think they are playing in the National leagues, to know not to transgress inside their 22. And after the first yellow is given without warning, expect no warning to be given. I tell the captains I am looking for positive play, if people arent being positive, expect not to get many decisions.

Irrespective of decisions in the red zone etc there is absolutely no excuse for dissent. I get the odd yellow car (albeit I wouldnt condone it) but for a player to get a red card for dissent is shocking, I hope he apologised to the ref afterwards.....bang out of order in my opinion. We have all had some terrible ref appearances over the years, and guess what, we have all had shockers on the pitch too, it happens, but no excuse for dissent that is serious enough to earn a red card.

rugby_ninja

Reply #43 on: November 24, 2014, 11:28:07 PM
When have you ever had a referee who has come into the changing room and in the pre-match brief said the following things?

- Feel free to dissent and abuse me all you want.
- I'm going to let all high and late tackles go.
- If you cheat, I won't penalise you.
- Don't pass forwards.

You're grown ups. Learn how to play a referee. You have to be pretty thick to not use your brain cell and realise "the referee won't allow you to get away with deliberately offending in your own 22, and he won't warn". I would agree that at Y3 most players don't actually know what they're doing, so there may be an argument about how you can deliberately offend when you don't know what you're doing, but that is a moot point for this discussion.

You moan about the current referees, wanting Premiership level ones. Yet when one referees to those high standards you all moan. You deliberately knock on in your own 22, yellow card. You slow the ball down at a tackle 5m out, yellow card. Offside in your own 22 to nullify the 5 on 2 overlap; yellow card. It's not difficult.

Sounds like you had a referee who actually has good standards, and some big balls to actually carry it through. He should be applauded.

Funnily enough, there are different types of yellow card. Only one of which may actually require a warning; repeat offences.

rugby_ninja

Reply #44 on: November 24, 2014, 11:31:05 PM
Oh, and wheeling a scrum when it is getting driven back towards your own goal line from 5m out? Sounds like a penalty try (and probably a yellow card) every day of the week.

Deliberate offences that could potentially prevent a score = yellow card. Even if it is the first offence.

Not very hard.