$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Dinnington doldrums?

Dinnington doldrums?

This is a discussion for the topic Dinnington doldrums? on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Dinnington doldrums?  (Read 7104 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
on: December 22, 2014, 06:43:13 AM
All change at Dinnos top seats, I hear on the grapevine that their chairman has just resigned, and also that their mini/junior chairman has also done the same.

It seems not.everyone is happy at the direction some parts of the club are taking.

Anyone care to shed some light on if there has been a fallout?

« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 06:47:48 AM by His Lordship »
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 12:15:13 PM
Hardly been to the club this season and only seen them play once, all seems to be going well on the playing front. I know about the mini/junior chairman, not sure about the chairman.

injuryProne

• Finding my feet
    • Dinnington RUFC
Reply #2 on: January 04, 2015, 09:03:45 PM
I didn't realise that sitting 3rd in a division that you have been newly promoted to, and seeing an old clubhouse undergo much needed renovations and modernisations, constituted as being in the "Doldrums" as you have so politely put it BRB.

Our Mini/Junior Chairman has been looking to step down for the previous 2 years due to increasing work commitments and has done so leaving us with a extremely strong junior set-up that continues to grow, even in non World Cup years.

As for our Chairman, he has left for personal reasons which do not need discussing on a forum such as this. He  too has left us in a strong position from when he was installed (remember, only 2 years ago we were fighting relegation from Yorkshire 1).
We have appointed an interim Chairman who will see through the duties until the season end upon which we will review where we stand. Oh, and did I mention that our new Chairman is a Woman, and not one of the stuffy old allacadoo's like most places.

All in all, if these are the "Doldrums", I can't wait to see what the club will be like when everything is blissful.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2015, 09:23:31 PM by injuryProne »

kronos47

Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 05:10:31 PM
I notice Matt Starr is not playing at the moment, I thought he was the captain, is he injured?
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

injuryProne

• Finding my feet
    • Dinnington RUFC
Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 10:26:59 PM
Matt Starr is currently out with a neck injury with no set return date as of yet. Fingers crossed that it is sooner rather than later

kronos47

Reply #5 on: January 12, 2015, 10:28:52 AM
Oh dear, sorry to hear that, pass on my regards.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

ManInTheMiddle

• Finding my feet
Reply #6 on: January 12, 2015, 11:39:48 AM
What are the pitches like at Dinnington? I have only been once about 10 years ago to watch a national colts cup game between Dinnington and Rochdale - some of the Dinnington faithful may remember the pitch being snow covered and visibility at a minimum!

I look forward to refereeing the match vs Driffield this coming Saturday, all indications say it should be a very good game!

His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 06:37:33 PM
ManInThe Middle; might this be your good self in the yellow shirt?

DirtyHarry

• Finding my feet
Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 10:07:18 PM
Do you have any other pictures of that match? I played that day.

His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #9 on: January 15, 2015, 01:20:18 PM
Do you have any other pictures of that match? I played that day.

[attachment deleted by admin]

His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #10 on: January 15, 2015, 01:21:47 PM
Some more.

His Lordship

• God
  • No need to kneel...
    • Steve's Twitter
Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 01:23:13 PM
Lastly.

ManInTheMiddle

• Finding my feet
Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 03:30:51 PM

His Lordship, maybe I should have further clarified, I was at the match but as a spectator, I will have been about 15/16 at the time. I am a former Rochdale player and current Fixture Secretary of the club. The initial picture you posted of the referee, I am the individual directly above the left shoulder of the referee if you were to zoom.

Those photos make the conditions looks good, I'm sure I remember a blizzard hitting part way through the match!

Make yourself known to me after the match on Saturday, it's always good to chat to fellow forum contributors!

Burnsy

• Twitter
Reply #13 on: January 16, 2015, 09:24:50 AM
That looks like a typical summers afternoon up in Dinnington.
6 Nations Prediction League Winner Due To Botts Generosity 2011

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.

YorkshireExile

Reply #14 on: January 16, 2015, 12:04:42 PM

His Lordship, maybe I should have further clarified, I was at the match but as a spectator, I will have been about 15/16 at the time. I am a former Rochdale player and current Fixture Secretary of the club. The initial picture you posted of the referee, I am the individual directly above the left shoulder of the referee if you were to zoom.

Those photos make the conditions looks good, I'm sure I remember a blizzard hitting part way through the match!

Make yourself known to me after the match on Saturday, it's always good to chat to fellow forum contributors!

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Not just a 'fellow forum contributor', this is the man who made it all possible and without whom the forum would not exist.
He is indeed an exalted (if not worshipped) man of the greatest standing, whom you would be extremely fortunate to meet...........all depends where Roth are ;) ;) ;) ;)
Winner of the Pundits League 2012-13
Runner-up 2014-2015