$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Selby v York; a forgone conclusion ?

Selby v York; a forgone conclusion ?

This is a discussion for the topic Selby v York; a forgone conclusion ? on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Selby v York; a forgone conclusion ?  (Read 10336 times)

porkies

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #15 on: January 16, 2015, 07:36:06 PM
Glad you posted that as I was beginning to think that we had lost to you last week......doesn't say much for your lot if you can't overcome a set of donkey forwards, a deranged dwarf and a 'cleggnut'.

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #16 on: January 16, 2015, 07:42:33 PM
A good summary and conclusion!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Scarlet Pimpernel

• Finding my feet
Reply #17 on: January 16, 2015, 08:02:15 PM
A deranged dwarf and a cleggnut someone's going to have to help me out here what am I missinn
"sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence,"

porkies

Reply #18 on: January 16, 2015, 08:10:04 PM
I refer you to BRB's earlier posted vitriol...

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #19 on: January 16, 2015, 08:22:55 PM
I believe the only person to state the words "deranged" and "dwarf" was Porkies? I've no idea who at his club he is insulting but if that's how you talk about your dear friends.... !! All complaints to Porkies please....
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

porkies

Reply #20 on: January 16, 2015, 08:34:44 PM
You also didn't mention a set of donkey forwards but as I am not long winded I merely paraphrased your insinuation.....as well you know!

Sergeant Stomp

• Forum old hand
Reply #21 on: January 16, 2015, 08:39:30 PM
I'm missing something too?!!? Presumably Mr Bass is the "Deranged Dwarf" I recall York Two's at Ilkley a season or so back had a very angry chap prowling the side lines bawling and yelling a lot. Is that the chap? Small dark hair if I recall? He certainly had anger management issues. If it is the same chap then I agree with BRB - he was entertaining. Especially when most of the sixteen forwards exchanged pleasantries late on! As too the supposed lack of York Backs, I recall two good young wingers and a centre? Surely they will be First Team now?

neverhadit

• Finding my feet
Reply #22 on: January 16, 2015, 09:41:03 PM
It seems that all prediction league pundits are forecasting a stuffing for York as are some of my Selby sources. Are we ignoring the fact that we beat high flying Scarb last week with their rich array of backs talent and The Beast in the front row ? I fancy we have the hex over Selby and tomorrow yeoman like grunt will overcome the fancy Dans in what should be a cracking North Yorkshire derby !

Seem to remember last weeks pundits all lumping on Yarnbury last week.    ;D

Scarlet Pimpernel

• Finding my feet
Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 05:51:43 PM
Good call Porkies. After all that was said on here yesterday including from myself decided to go to Selby. As a neutral must say it was a pretty dour game with York deserving the victory. Selby only got within 10-15 yards of the York line once and despite a 3 man over lap failed to score.
All the hype about the Selby backs is overplayed or at least on today's performance, whilst they did try to open up they were very ordinary.
Sat in the stand for most of game, must say the Selby supporters seemed to lack knowledge in the laws of the game and were the most biased I have experienced all season.
Had an interesting conversation with some York supporters in the bar before the game. They had been reading this thread last night and were pretty much agreeing with most of what had been said. They were particularly perplexed at the style of play their team had been playing for a number of seasons. They thought they should be getting better value for their money from their coaches given what they're were being paid. When pressed they understood 5 figures somewhere near the mark. Seems there's plenty of money ar York. Any comments Porkies
"sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but the highest form of intelligence,"

porkies

Reply #24 on: January 17, 2015, 06:08:01 PM
No comment on that Scarlet, I'm not a committee man so have no knowledge of stuff like that; I would guess money is tight as we are a multi sports club and all sections have a pretty heavy levy to pay each month to pay off the loan on the new clubhouse.
I hope you feel York played better than what has been suggested on here, I thought we didn't allow Selby to play their game and deserved the win.

Muted Response

• Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #25 on: January 17, 2015, 07:11:04 PM
Have you had a change of heart Porkies, you told me that you hadn't won it, . . . . instead, we threw it away  ???

kronos47

Reply #26 on: January 17, 2015, 07:12:36 PM
Well done to York Porkies, nice to fly in the face of public opinion and come out with the win.
Won't be long until Diccon Edwards has the toys out of the pram at Selby.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Muted Response

Reply #27 on: January 17, 2015, 07:14:19 PM
As for Scarlets comment about the crowd, I think York definitely got the rub of the green as far as the referees decisions is concerned . . . . you don't expect ever decision to go your way, but 50/50 is normally how you expect it to turn out  :-\

Reg

• One of the boys
Reply #28 on: January 17, 2015, 07:42:20 PM
I thought the ref had an indifferent game, but from my side of the pitch, I thought the home side got the best deal
York just about deserved the win.
We spurned an overlap & cocked up a late penalty which eventually resulted in an opportunistic score under the posts. Game over
However we competed exceptionally well against a huge set of forwards
Yorks cover defence outstanding

Muted Response

Reply #29 on: January 18, 2015, 02:13:21 PM
If York (Shaun) would like to return the interchange cards back to the Selby clubhouse it would help us, to help the referee at our next home game.  ::)

You can't exchange them for food or beer, so they aren't worth anything to you!  ???
Cheers, MR