$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Referee the 15 a side game-Level 2 (RFU Course)

Referee the 15 a side game-Level 2 (RFU Course)

This is a discussion for the topic Referee the 15 a side game-Level 2 (RFU Course) on the board Other Senior Rugby.

Author Topic: Referee the 15 a side game-Level 2 (RFU Course)  (Read 1743 times)

around forever

• Finding my feet
on: February 16, 2015, 02:39:43 PM
PSW has previously promoted this course which will take place at Woodhouse Grove School on the 8th and the 15th of March. There is an increasing demand on referee resources, not only every Saturday but increasingly on Sundays. All clubs would like to have totally neutral referees taking charge of their age grade teams on  Sundays but Societies often have issues given that this places a burden on a limited number of individuals who are available on both Saturdays and Sundays. The answer doesn't lie within Referee Societies it lies within clubs. It is only from within clubs that the next generation of referees will appear. Please give serious consideration to those people within your clubs who are perhaps no longer playing because of injury but are still fit, those coming towards the end of their playing careers as time catches up with them or even current players who may be available to referee Sunday games. There are currently only 4 people booked onto this course and it needs to have 10 booked by the 26th February for it to go ahead. Have a look at your club and let's make sure that this course goes ahead so that we, as a rugby community, can continue to service the needs of our great game. For additional information please message either Pink Shirted Whistler or myself and we are not worried which part of Yorkshire you are coming from.

[attachment deleted by admin]

around forever

• Finding my feet
Reply #1 on: February 25, 2015, 10:07:34 PM
We still need more candidates to join this course and to register by tomorrow evening. What's the worst that can happen, it is an interesting course and even if you have no real desire to referee Saturday's you will be able to help your own clubs out on a Sunday and looking at things from a referees' perspective will make you a better player/coach.

around forever

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 11:08:39 AM
The minimum number required has now been exceeded so this course is definitely going ahead. Still time to book on though if you have been thinking about it.