$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results

Results

This is a discussion for the topic Results on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Results  (Read 9828 times)

Ribb Exile in Lancs

• The lord of the Manor...
Reply #30 on: March 08, 2015, 02:06:17 AM
What a turnaround at wharfdale 2nds. But they dont pay?
[/quote)
Are you referring to Ribb as Wharfedale 2nds? If so anyone with an understanding of the ethos of rugby in the dales with realise the stupidity of your post.

Ribb Exile in Lancs

Reply #31 on: March 08, 2015, 02:40:52 AM
What a turnaround at wharfdale 2nds. But they dont pay?
[/quote)
Are you referring to Ribb as Wharfedale 2nds? If so anyone with an understanding of the ethos of rugby in the dales with realise the stupidity of your post.
Let me clarify & I am sure flagman will agree. Ribblesdale & Wharfedale have great respect for each other, we have great respect for the progress Dale have made. However there is no way they are helping us with players, their other teams are all in with a chance of winning their merit tables. In fact over the last few seasons some talented backs have left Ribb for Wharfedale. The only movement in the other direction is the return of Adam Whaites.

Oldandslow

• A little respect please...
Reply #32 on: March 08, 2015, 06:51:50 AM
At the Brods Ponte Game. Ponte lost the toss and played down the hill in the first half.

Ponte quickly had a 14 point lead and should have scored another try.

Poor decision making let Brods back in and with the score 18-14 just before half time Ponte had a player yellow carded.

Playing the first ten minutes of the second half up hill with a man short was the turning point and Brods pull away.

My positive thought is that even good Ponte sides have always struggled at Brods and anything Ponte got yesterday would have been a bonus. Ponte now have two weeks to get some players back for the visit of Heath, still 4 very winnable games to go.

The referee (names as Mr Jason Garrick (South Yorkshire) in the Brods Program) was very good. He kept firm control of the game and communicated well with the players. Even from the touch line it was clear exactly what he had given. A ref on the up I think.

Ribbflagman

Reply #33 on: March 08, 2015, 09:56:44 AM
How anyone can call North Ribb "wharfedale seconds" shows total ignorance and warrants no further mention.
Good game yesterday, a leaky Ribb defence conceding three early tries to give Scarbs a 19-0 lead after which Ribb came back strongly to score 5 unanswered tries, with the forwards taking their counterparts apart in the second half. Very well refereed with good communication at all times. Ribb feel two more wins may be enough to seal Y1 next season which given our position 6 weeks ago is fantastic.
Good luck to all for the rest of the season.

Sergeant Stomp

• Forum old hand
Reply #34 on: March 08, 2015, 10:06:14 AM
Trust me - Wharfedale have a VERY good Second XV all of there own!

Ribbflagman

Reply #35 on: March 08, 2015, 10:21:10 AM
Mr Stomp. You are correct, with several Ribb exiles on display, much to our dismay. Are you reding this mr Veteran????????

Ribb Exile in Lancs

Reply #36 on: March 08, 2015, 10:30:33 AM
How anyone can call North Ribb "wharfedale seconds" shows total ignorance and warrants no further mention.
Good game yesterday, a leaky Ribb defence conceding three early tries to give Scarbs a 19-0 lead after which Ribb came back strongly to score 5 unanswered tries, with the forwards taking their counterparts apart in the second half. Very well refereed with good communication at all times. Ribb feel two more wins may be enough to seal Y1 next season which given our position 6 weeks ago is fantastic.
Good luck to all for the rest of the season.
Glad you treated the Wharfedale 2nds post with the contempt it deserved. Another good win yesterday. Good luck to Scarbs in next week's QF. Please win or my life here in East Lancs will be unbearable for a while.