$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; 16th April Predictions

Author Topic: 16th April Predictions  (Read 2187 times)

Offline Crag Lad

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
16th April Predictions
« on: April 14, 2011, 03:45:09 PM »
Are we the lone voice from the Leeds clubs!

Anyway;

Pocklington Vs. Old Rishworthians; Pock +10
Ripon Vs. Moortown; Ripon <10
Roundhegians Vs. Leodiensian; Leos>10
Skipton Vs. Hullensians; Skipton >10
West Leeds Vs. Huddersfield Y.M.C.A. YM>10
West Park Leeds Vs. Doncaster Phoenix; Long-predicted West Park survival revival has finally started and Phoenix seem to have lost interest for the year. West Park >10
Yarnbury Vs. Barnsley; This is obviously the big one, think Yarnbury's surge may be hampered by injuries so Barnsley<10.

Offline The Mole

• A little respect please...
    • View Profile
Re: 16th April Predictions
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2011, 04:19:16 PM »
Pocklington Vs. Old Rishworthians; Pock +10
Ripon Vs. Moortown; Ripon <10
Roundhegians Vs. Leodiensian; Roundhegians <10
Skipton Vs. Hullensians; Skipton >10
West Leeds Vs. Huddersfield Y.M.C.A. YMCA<10
West Park Leeds Vs. Doncaster Phoenix; Phoenix <10
Yarnbury Vs. Barnsley; Barnsley<10.

Home adavantage tends to count for more at this time of the season.

"Long-predicted West Park survival revival has finally started and Phoenix seem to have lost interest for the year. West Park >10" You make a good point, but ill be optamistic and predict a return to form!

« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 08:43:33 AM by The Mole »

Offline Crag Lad

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2011, 04:38:26 PM »
Didn't mean offence, and certainly didn't want to wind you up in advance of our meeting next week!

Just that WPL are fighting for their lives. Because it's been such a long, disjointed season, and admittedly for us only since we became mathematically safe last week, the season now has a bit of a "last day of term, come in your own clothes and bring games" feel to it. Fortunately, the local rivalry between the Leeds clubs gives even dead rubbers an edge.

Offline MF

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2011, 05:02:41 PM »
Pocklington Vs. Old Rishworthians  Pocklington +10
Ripon Vs. Moortown; Ripon Ripon - 19
Roundhegians Vs. Leodiensian Leodensians +10
Skipton Vs. Hullensians Skipton +10
West Leeds Vs. Huddersfield Y.M.C.A.  YM -10 
West Park Leeds Vs. Doncaster Phoenix Donny - 10
Yarnbury Vs. Barnsley - 10 Barnsley

Think the real interesting games are going to be Phoenix against west park , having previously played west park seconds and thirds ive always found it a tough game away however against there seconds and thirds we always lacked something in the backs which often cost us the game. As the phoenix backs are a lot stronger (particularly in defense) i think we may just sneak this one

Barnsley i think will have to much grunt in the pack and there kicker has a big boot which if yarnbury are undisciplined will punish them

Offline The judge

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 06:10:27 PM »
Pocklington Vs. Old Rishworthians  Pocklington +10
Ripon Vs. Moortown; Ripon - 10
Roundhegians Vs. Leodiensian Leodensians -7
Skipton Vs. Hullensians Skipton +10
West Leeds Vs. Huddersfield Y.M.C.A.  YM -7
West Park Leeds Vs. Doncaster Phoenix Donny - 7
Yarnbury Vs. Barnsley - 7 Barnsley

Again home form will be the deciding factor in a few games! Only the pressure on um might cause a slip and chasing Barnsley toughnone at yarnbury might slip up!

Offline The judge

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2011, 06:16:46 PM »
Sorry issues with phone so couldn't see what I was typing! Rounds and wpl could do anything on the day so they both might sneak a win or fall apart and get humped! They ae getting harder to predict!
Nice to be champions with two games left, disappointed no congratulations on here but there you go!

Offline The Vole

• View Profile
    • Conference Call
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 10:24:20 PM »
Sorry Judge, I have given you plenty of praise over the season, you are definitely the best side we have faced this year and I think you will more than hold your own next season.

Offline The judge

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2011, 10:55:47 PM »
thank you the vole, we've been the almost rans for so long and it is nice to go up as champions!

Offline Crag Lad

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2011, 10:20:25 AM »
Likewise "Judge".

The table tells us this anyway but Pock are easily the stand out side in the division. Nothing flash but so efficient in the oppo 22 and tough to break down. What makes your advance this season even more remarkable is the fact that you have achieved it by concentration of the effort of existing players, and not through a huge influx of "guns for hire". A much more sustainable approach which will, I'm sure, put you in the top half of Y1 next year.

A belated well done!

Offline The Mole

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »
A very good point Crag lad, and one which (without referring to Pock) we have spoken about recently as a squad. Pock have had the advantage of having a physical edge over most aswell, which is massive at any level.

YMCA look like they'll hang on to the 2nd spot just about. Obviously they deserve it as the league table doesnt lie but in my opinion there are a couple of others who are at least as good as them.

Whilst on the subject of YMCA; I thought id read earlier in the season that they were due to lose their prolific winger, who seems to be the differance for them in many of their tight games, to a semi pro rugby league side. This has never materialised and he's remained there to help keep them just out of reach. Maybe suggests a bit of money floating about at YMCA (nothing wrong with that) as they are also able to pay their tight head as a YDO or something of that ilk.

So will YMCA invest next year for Y1?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2011, 10:39:13 AM by The Mole »

Offline MF

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2011, 01:19:05 PM »
Must agree with mole and vole over pock we threw the kitchen sink and just kept on smashing us back over and over which ultimately ground out the result for you guys

Offline Fireman Sam

• One of the boys
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2011, 01:52:49 PM »
What has happended to Pheonix? OK nothing to play for but pride, but loosing to WPL who have not exactly been pulling up trees this last month! Does that mean that next season Phenonix won't be a force to be reckoned with?

Offline PhoenixWeasel

• Paternal Voice of the Silent Majority
  • Allez le phoenix!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2011, 02:03:13 PM »
God knows we have been poor these last 5 games i think people have just given up - to say not 3 months ago we were pushing for top 2 its quite embarrasing! Think there will be a few issues raised over the off season.

Offline Pockboy

• Finding my feet
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2011, 02:10:21 PM »
As you may know, Old Rish shipped one or two points to us on Saturday. What won't be obvious by the score line is the graft they put in. 6, 8 and 13 especially were up there to the end and, of course the wiley SH who is as annoying as he is tenacious (but gracious at the end).

It's a shame that it appears their bigger named players flew the nest when it got tough.

If anyone from Old Rish is reading, apologies for the sponsors spokesman who made some fairly sharp comments.

Offline Fredsbar

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2011, 12:11:56 AM »
Pock boy - no problem. We hit a league which was too good for us. The experience was one we shall remember for a long time, but we have come up against some big forwards. Congratulations on winning the league. We thought that Pock, Yarnbury and Barnsley were the best teams in the league. Best wishes for next season, its the numbers in the squad  and luck with injuries which enables teams to progress. When we lost 20-12 at home in September we thought that Y2 would be exciting. It was but we have taken on the mantel of Yorkshire`s equivalent of Manchester!