$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Wheatley players set to leave

Wheatley players set to leave

This is a discussion for the topic Wheatley players set to leave on the board Regional Two (North & North East).

Author Topic: Wheatley players set to leave  (Read 13595 times)

kronos47

• A little respect please...
on: May 25, 2015, 10:00:31 AM
So the word on the mean streets is that several first XV players at Wheatley Hills are off to pastures new.

Any comment from the Cage faithful?

Is there a plethora of new young talent waiting in the wings?
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Batman

Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 10:07:47 AM
I have heard that players are on the way out, some who would of liked to be retained and others not so. To answer your question about young players coming through a simple answer is no.

We have a new coaching set up this year so be interesting to see if new players will be brought in and where from.
WHRUFC.

kronos47

Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 10:09:03 AM
Batman you are always honest, kudos my man.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Batman

Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 10:11:01 AM
How is your off season going ? Any new signings ? Re signed any your boys back from us ?
WHRUFC.

kronos47

Reply #4 on: May 25, 2015, 10:19:23 AM
Harder than last year, we have signed a couple up and will keep trying, but all of last seasons team with one possible exception are staying. Also the average age has come down quite a bit through last year.

We really want a 6'5-6'7" 19 stone ball carrying second row, who is hard as nails, and can tackle and pass, but there is about as much chance of seeing the queens fun bags.

Apparently Phoenix have six of them....
*Oscar Wilde 1895

kronos47

Reply #5 on: May 25, 2015, 10:21:26 AM
I have heard that players are on the way out, some who would of liked to be retained and others not so. To answer your question about young players coming through a simple answer is no.

We have a new coaching set up this year so be interesting to see if new players will be brought in and where from.

BM who are the new coaching set up?
*Oscar Wilde 1895

kronos47

Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 07:49:00 PM
Thought I would have had more comments and a couple of bites or even a who's left.. Disapointing.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Burnsy

• Twitter
Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 08:48:16 PM
You know most of them, I told you weeks ago.  ;D
6 Nations Prediction League Winner Due To Botts Generosity 2011

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.

kronos47

Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 11:09:34 PM
True, true.

So what's the plan then?
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Burnsy

• Twitter
Reply #9 on: May 27, 2015, 05:20:16 AM
The plans probably to stick to the players that stay. Awful plan really, can't see who they can bring in, but I have so little knowledge of what goes on now, so that just a guess.
6 Nations Prediction League Winner Due To Botts Generosity 2011

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.

kronos47

Reply #10 on: May 27, 2015, 08:36:50 AM
It looks like it will be a tough season at Brunel Road. Seems a bit out of character as the management of Hills normally recruit quite heavily in the off season not lose folks.
They are keeping there best players Sam Kerry,as I believe he is employed now as a community development officer for the club, and Razz who is IMO very good also.

Nobody on the fringe/face doesn't fit at Phoenix? They surely can't fit all the players they have in the team, if as reported earlier they have several new faces joining them. Also there was a lad playing 8 who was 21, ex RL player who was a brute called Sam for the 2s who if he keeps playing will be a right handful, he just needs more games.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2015, 08:49:57 AM by kronos47 »
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Bat Fastard

• Finding my feet
Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 04:53:45 PM
As far as i know far Wheatley have managed to retain most of there players,with a few leaving and a few retiring. Hopefully we should have a few returning wheatley players coming back from other clubs, along with a few new signings still in the pipeline, so hopefully we should start the next season better than we finished the last.
Don't Ruck with Me!

wheatleyvet

• Finding my feet
Reply #12 on: May 28, 2015, 08:23:12 PM
It's impossible to get any worse than Wheatley were after Christmas!!!!

kronos47

Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 11:10:02 AM
Really. Why's that. It's interesting that the season before Wheatley had a very strong first half of the season and finished poorly again.

Why is that do you think?

To me it's got to be strength in depth. I am not always a fan of Hills which in quite contradictory as I know a few people down there, but I don't want to see them or any of us struggle.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Bat Fastard

• Finding my feet
Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 02:54:32 PM
You've hit the nail on the head, the problem has always been strength in depth, hopefully this will be resolved this season.
Don't Ruck with Me!