$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Will Selby be stronger after clear out?

Will Selby be stronger after clear out?

This is a discussion for the topic Will Selby be stronger after clear out? on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: Will Selby be stronger after clear out?  (Read 2834 times)

backrowbandit

• God
  • A little respect please...
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
on: June 21, 2015, 09:05:41 AM
The loss of all of the Selby stars on the face of it puts them in trouble - some club members may be concerned about next season.

I don't agree.

Often so called stars aren't half as good or effective as we may think. But more importantly it gives a chance to other players who may never had been given an opportunity whilst established players were at the club.

With Selby having a large playing resource they could end up with a more cohesive team. (And maybe some backs that can tackle!!)

Let's see...
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Sergeant Stomp

• Forum old hand
Reply #1 on: June 21, 2015, 12:02:18 PM
They often have a strong Second XV, not sure if they did last season? If so they should be fine!

kronos47

Reply #2 on: June 21, 2015, 12:50:16 PM
I suppose another question to ask would be what is the reason/s for the players leaving?
Probably many and varied.

However like BRB I think Selby will be fine and although there is trepidation about a change from the tried and tested the departing of one creates an opportunity for another, or at least focus's the mind on what the reasons for departure were, can we resolve it, change something and find a suitable replacement of the right quality.

Lastly I don't always think the best players play in any clubs first team, just the most committed.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #3 on: June 21, 2015, 01:36:48 PM
Says a Sheffield 2nd team player!!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

kronos47

Reply #4 on: June 21, 2015, 02:47:37 PM
Says a Sheffield 2nd team player!!

I am no longer a second, first, third or fourth team player, I was Captain when we were in Level 4, now National league 2 old son.
And as I have mentioned many times I run Sheffield 2nd XV, raise the money, buy the players, and make all the appointments (They call me the Kingmaker), probably similar to what you do BRB, just that I was a better player. x
« Last Edit: June 21, 2015, 02:48:59 PM by backrowbandit »
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Oldandslow

Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 07:36:17 AM
Selby will be just fine after the changes but it will take time for the new players and coaching team to settle down.

So I expect to see Selby loose some games at the start of the season, they have a hard start at Scarborough.

I'm sure we can all rely on BRB and the borough scribe to give us a report on Selby.