$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; top 2

top 2

This is a discussion for the topic top 2 on the board Yorkshire 1.

Author Topic: top 2  (Read 10810 times)

• Finding my feet
Reply #15 on: August 02, 2015, 11:23:19 AM
Most of these clubs have CASC status (COMMUNITY AMATEUR SPORTS CLUB) This gives them considerable council tax relief as well as what amounts to charitable status.(gift aid etc).But they still persist in hiring mercenaries.It is no surprise that some of them can only raise one side.
Something is very wrong here!

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • A little respect please...
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #16 on: August 02, 2015, 11:43:23 AM
Yes, life is all about choices.....  ::)
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

BingleyBugle

• Finding my feet
Reply #17 on: August 03, 2015, 08:40:57 AM
I know that no-one will believe us that we are not throwing cash about, but I can assure you that Bradford and Bingley are simply not doing this. I could name players who have come to us and set out their demands for £££ a week and they all remain non Bees players.

As for being half a million in debt, please get your numbers right. The Bradford and Bingley Sports Club which owns the land and which ran the bar is in debt, but the Rugby Club has traded at a profit for the last four years. We are currently in the process of changing the structures at Wagon Lane, including the financing of the land and bars, but the total debt position is nowhere near 1/2 million quoted.

Going back on topic, I have no idea of the strength of most clubs in this division, but I would hope that the Bees are going to be contenders, but the Salem faithful tell me they are going to beat us...

avinastella

Reply #18 on: August 03, 2015, 09:15:05 AM

Going back on topic, I have no idea of the strength of most clubs in this division, but I would hope that the Bees are going to be contenders, but the Salem faithful tell me they are going to beat us...
Surely that's a reasonable comment. Just has you expect to beat most other teams too. Especially as you say you expect to be contenders come season end. No doubt like all other teams aspire to at the seasons start.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

Mink

• Forum old hand
Reply #19 on: August 03, 2015, 10:07:09 AM
I would be interested to see who various player thought the clubs were that were paying players or players for doing other roles.
I tend to think the BBs aren't playing the players that they seem to have brought in seem good signings but are either guys returning or local lads moving to them because they are in a higher league.

out of the teams that have come up, rumours had it the Salem were paying last year, if this is true I can only think that they will have to continue. Will they be able to push for promotion, we will have to wait and see. they beat us in the cup last and were very aggressive. west park will always attract new players because of their connections and their facilities, from my understanding they are a club that do not pay.

with big changes to the coaching setups at the two team that have come down, i will be interested to see how they start. we all know it can take some time to settle in and get your own ideas across.

i also think there will be some be some differences off some Y1 stalwarts with new coaching setups at heath, selby and york.

all makes for a very interesting and new league

i will go for my top two as;
Brods (on the basis of I am the coach and got to back the lads)
plus north ribb, they finished the season very well and i think they could kick on

Mink

• Forum old hand
Reply #20 on: August 03, 2015, 05:11:55 PM
just been reading the north east forum and Boro are favourites for promotion. Interested to know if anyone would have had them in their top 2 if they were still in Y1?

nazir4

• Forum old hand
Reply #21 on: August 03, 2015, 06:37:12 PM
just been reading the north east forum and Boro are favourites for promotion. Interested to know if anyone would have had them in their top 2 if they were still in Y1?

Definitely not!

medici

• One of the boys
Reply #22 on: August 30, 2015, 02:32:28 AM
No, Middlesborough would be mid table at best. were a very poor side both times we played them.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #23 on: August 30, 2015, 07:15:15 AM
And we only had 14 players  ;)
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Oldandslow

Reply #24 on: August 30, 2015, 07:58:04 AM
Stille B&B and York for me.

chef

• Forum old hand
Reply #25 on: August 30, 2015, 08:31:26 AM
Ha York no Chance ;D 8) :o

medici

• One of the boys
Reply #26 on: August 31, 2015, 12:13:04 AM
Cheers BRB   ;D

DAVE CAMPBELL The Boro Scribe

• One of the boys
  • nolite te bastardes carborundorum
Reply #27 on: August 31, 2015, 11:20:31 AM
As rugby is an open game I have no problem with players being paid. However if they are fraudulently claiming CASC status then they should be brought to justice and pay the price.

avinastella

Reply #28 on: August 31, 2015, 11:32:15 AM
As rugby is an open game I have no problem with players being paid. However if they are fraudulently claiming CASC status then they should be brought to justice and pay the price.
But payment is allowed under CASC
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #29 on: August 31, 2015, 11:39:14 AM
The proposed new rules allows limited payments up to an annual total of £10k (not per person but for the whole club).

The current/old system allowed coaches to be paid...
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.