$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Finger pointing

Finger pointing

This is a discussion for the topic Finger pointing on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Finger pointing  (Read 8874 times)

hoodie

• A little respect please...
  • 4TOTTY
on: September 02, 2015, 01:42:15 PM
With everyone claiming that Boydie (their flyhalf) is the dogs b@#lox of Ponte if not the whole of Y2 are setting him up for a torrid time from most hot headed flankers with the coaches voice still ringing between his ears post match saying ...." take him out"

Just wondering if any other team are prepared to line players up for some crosshairs on his back
Confront the fear, feel the courage, join the battle.

kronos47

Reply #1 on: September 02, 2015, 02:24:08 PM
They won't get near him Hoodie, he stands too deep. To be honest it's not to Pontes benefit as they are playing too far behind the gain line, and there main tactic is to run straight through the opposite man not play through the back line.
We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the Stars.
*Oscar Wilde 1895

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #2 on: September 02, 2015, 02:29:01 PM
He played very well against us last week.

hoodie

• 4TOTTY
Reply #3 on: September 02, 2015, 02:42:46 PM
Replying on oldmanrip's behalf ... Ripons linesman is their key player  ::)

furners

Reply #4 on: September 02, 2015, 04:42:55 PM
Hoodster

Stereotypical unpleasant claptrap . If that's the attitude just because a bloke can actually play rugby its says much about you as a person .

Two things

1 foul play doesn't pay off when the offending player leaves the field of play
2 you have just indicated premeditated violence as a tactic ...last time I looked, and I know you might not particularly care , that is a matter for chaps of the flat footed persuasion

Sorry there's a couple more ... Our fastest and most elusive back isn't the one you mention... I advise a bit of caution before soliciting veiled threats in writing it may just come back and hit you somewhere painful .

Now if you said ' God  he's a terribly handsome devil someone riffle his ear hair '........

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #5 on: September 02, 2015, 09:39:05 PM
All irrelevant tens don't run with the ball it's a myth (butch James is the exception that proves the rule and when was last time anyone saw him?)

Just outta interest who is this devastating running we need to keep an eye on at Pontefract?
Coming from a kNot LA lad, it's unfair to judge Hoodys words as hostile. I'm convinced theirs a positive the lad can take out of that post.
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

hoodie

• 4TOTTY
Reply #6 on: September 03, 2015, 09:42:06 AM
Sam don't be too down on our posh Ponte peacock with his negative inclinations towards to us east of his hamlet most people dwell on the negatives and oversee anything positive.

Its clear to me that post on here indicating that the ponte flyhalf will be head and shoulders above others and will inevitably have coaches attention of his contribution and influence to the game.

At Knottingley we had such an influential player named Chez as you might be aware of ... and we saw many a player try to ...lets say ... interrupt his game.
But they never could in most cases this interrupted the other players game considerably  ;D to much to the spectator's amusement.

Oldandslow

Reply #7 on: September 03, 2015, 10:35:53 AM
K47 is right Glenn does sit too deep in the pocket and that means the Ponte middle backs have too ground to make up to cross the gain line so the have to use the crash ball rather than play wide.

Having said that Glenn is a class act and if he can get the Ponte back line playing to their full potential they will be the side to beat in Y2.

Thread Killer

• One of the boys
Reply #8 on: September 03, 2015, 10:40:09 AM
Hoodie

Chez isn't a 10 and disrupting a back row's game is a bit different to being in the 10's face.  Most 7's will be trying to make an early hit on a 10 irrelevant of how good the 10 is supposed to be.  The legality of the hit may be the interesting part especially if he stands deep and out of trouble.

hoodie

• 4TOTTY
Reply #9 on: September 03, 2015, 11:22:45 AM
Absolutely agree greenpawn ... by the way love the avatar ... usually a deep sitting flyhalf tends to kick a lot more compared to a flatter standing one so maybe Pontes tactics from the backs is more a kicking attack or the 10 doesn't give a damm about the amount of unnecessary running the centres have to make up ... another observation is a deeper standing 10 uses more hairspray before the game

furners

Reply #10 on: September 03, 2015, 11:23:51 AM
Hoodie

Posh! Peacock ?? Pah ..You've never met me evidently.

My club has a very good relationship with knottingley and I have many
friends and close family in the town including reliable friends in your club. No one at all has been crowing about any player at Pontefract as far as I can see . I along with every other person on this forum knows what 'taking out' an opposition player means . If that's the attitude you want to adopt ...  I have no interest in you whatsoever or your opinion .  We all know about the game of rugby and how it works . Openly placing comments on this forum as you have speaks volumes about you and absolutely no one else . Crack on old prop

Must go suns out and my tertiaries need polishing!

Breakwell15

• Forum old hand
  • West Leeds 15
Reply #11 on: September 03, 2015, 04:51:59 PM
Hoodie 'had' one called Chez.

Not playing this year?

avinastella

Reply #12 on: September 03, 2015, 05:02:38 PM

Not playing this year?
We were led to believe he was playing his last game when we played over at Knottla last game of season.
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #13 on: September 04, 2015, 01:41:48 AM

Not playing this year?

Actually I'm led to believe he did play 10....
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

Fireman Sam

• One of the boys
Reply #14 on: September 04, 2015, 09:41:36 AM
Good enough to play 10, best player by a mile in Y2 over the last few seasons. Apart from Prop and Hooker he could have played any other position on the park and be outstanding; mind you he would have been a bloody big scrum half!

Talking about fly halves standing deep, Mr Patterson used to do that and kick teams off the park. For me however the funniest bit of Mr Patterson was his dog called Floyd and you've guessed it, a Boxer dog called Floyd Patterson, brilliant.