$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Week 3 banter

Week 3 banter

This is a discussion for the topic Week 3 banter on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Week 3 banter  (Read 3061 times)

WL XIII

• A little respect please...
  • "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
on: September 13, 2015, 07:59:36 PM
sharpen your pencils and let the barbed comments fly
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

Breakwell15

• Forum old hand
  • West Leeds 15
Reply #1 on: September 14, 2015, 09:45:39 AM
Barnsley v Old Grovians - Grovians Need to start picking up wins before losing becomes a habit. Don't think it will start here! Although Barnsleys result wasnt as convincing as I thought it would be last week

Castleford v Old Rishworthians - After Rish beating Wath at home, they must back it up with another win. Could they be Dark horses this year? Are the New Hullensians - Awesome at home and a mixed bag away?

Keighley v Ripon - Keighley to beat Ripon upfront. Ripon cam close last week, they need to keep building and bettering Medics results to stay up.

Knottingley v Roundhegians - Hegians unbeaten, will Knottla struggle after last weeks narrow defeat in the derby. Dont think they will have the same team out this week but never a nice place to go.

Leodensians v West Leeds - Leos still not clicked. Hope this week isn't it either.

Moortown v Sheffield Medicals - Moortown were pretty good last week. Very strong defence midfield and good back 3. Think this will stop all that Shmeds have.

Wath-upon-Dearne v Pontfract - Wath need to get back on the wagon but think Ponte will win this. Wath's result last week was my most surprising as I thought they would compete upfront and win.

sliotar

• Forum old hand
Reply #2 on: September 14, 2015, 11:32:17 AM
Barnsley v Old Grovians - Last weeks result seems to be down to the forwards so could be a long day for them at Barnsley.
Castleford v Old Rishworthians - OR away is a big call. completely different away team but surely better than Castleford.
Keighley v Ripon - Thought they'd put more on the students last week so not sure if Shmeds are better than expected or missing a few. Still easy home win this week.
Knottingley v Roundhegians - even if they missing a few they should easily bonus point beat hegians at home.
Leodensians v West Leeds - WL are a solid team in all areas and by all accounts Leos are terrible so could be a cricket score
Moortown v Sheffield Medicals - hoping to get the season finally underway after a poor start. not sure what to expect from Shmeds from their first 2 results
Wath-upon-Dearne v Pontfract - This cold get brutal but after last weeks results Pont seem to be real contenders to go back up this year

WL XIII

• A little respect please...
  • "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 11:08:24 PM
Barnsley v Old Grovians-  OG capacity to spread it is going come to a splashy halt in the Barnsley funnel.
Castleford v Old Rishworthians- Cas' bully boys will struggle to steal, lunch money from a hungry Rish
Keighley v Ripon- I think Keighley are playing the type of rugby Ripon wish they could....Sam Booker for Keighley plays in row, their can't be many other lads with a name like that. I think I played for Bramley buffaloes against Cougar Valley in Wales a few years ago and roomed with him, gutted to have missed him other week. That boy snores something wild 
Knottingley v Roundhegians- Knottingley found their scoring mojo. Them things at the top of their body and at the end of their arms, are called shoulders and are useful for tackling  ;D
Leodensians v West Leeds- I'm in Benidorm this weekend. But lads look good. Leo's haven't had the ideal start but they always pull a few shocks out the bag and put a run of wins together. Hopefully starting next week
Moortown v Sheffield Medicals- medics are decent tacklers by and large. But think Towns powerful runners combined with their off load game will be too much for the students, after what I'm sure was a fun freshers
Wath-upon-Dearne v Pontefract- Pointefract have shown with two BP wins they'll have the firepower to rattle up points, particularly running down the hill at Wath.
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

Milty

• One of the boys
Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 07:00:34 AM
Barnsley v Old Grovians-  OG capacity to spread it is going come to a splashy halt in the Barnsley funnel.
Castleford v Old Rishworthians- Cas' bully boys will struggle to steal, lunch money from a hungry Rish
Keighley v Ripon- I think Keighley are playing the type of rugby Ripon wish they could....Sam Booker for Keighley plays in row, their can't be many other lads with a name like that. I think I played for Bramley buffaloes against Cougar Valley in Wales a few years ago and roomed with him, gutted to have missed him other week. That boy snores something wild 
Knottingley v Roundhegians- Knottingley found their scoring mojo. Them things at the top of their body and at the end of their arms, are called shoulders and are useful for tackling  ;D
Leodensians v West Leeds- I'm in Benidorm this weekend. But lads look good. Leo's haven't had the ideal start but they always pull a few shocks out the bag and put a run of wins together. Hopefully starting next week
Moortown v Sheffield Medicals- medics are decent tacklers by and large. But think Towns powerful runners combined with their off load game will be too much for the students, after what I'm sure was a fun freshers
Wath-upon-Dearne v Pontefract- Pointefract have shown with two BP wins they'll have the firepower to rattle up points, particularly running down the hill at Wath.

benidorm in season???? tut tut tut

Breakwell15

• Forum old hand
  • West Leeds 15
Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 09:14:15 AM

Didnt think there was a hill at Wath these days?