$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Sack Lancaster? Poll

Sack Lancaster? Poll

This is a discussion for the topic Sack Lancaster? Poll on the board Other Senior Rugby.

Poll

Should the RFU sack Stuart Lancaster?

Yes
30 (42.3%)
No
41 (57.7%)

Total Members Voted: 71

Author Topic: Sack Lancaster? Poll  (Read 21804 times)

Radio Gnome

• Legend
  • I, for one, like Roman numerals.
Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
That I got no cerebellum -  Ramones 1977

Shirt filler

• A little respect please...
Reply #16 on: October 06, 2015, 12:35:51 AM
I think Lancasters game management is poor and predictable, and seems almost scripted at times. Changes need to happen at the rfu too if England are to get back on top, the selection policies for starters.

TheWatcher

• Finding my feet
Reply #17 on: October 06, 2015, 12:38:03 AM
Isn't he being ligned up for the Franchise side that Japan are putting into the Super 15 comp?

Ahh so!

Maybe not.....

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/rugbyunion/international/england/11911666/Japan-coach-Eddie-Jones-interested-in-England-job-after-Stuart-Lancasters-side-are-dumped-out-of-World-Cup.html

Eddie Jones named new Stormers coach ready for start of super rugby 2016 back in the press release on 21th Sept.

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
Reply #18 on: October 06, 2015, 08:33:23 AM
Doesn't mean a thing!
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

barrydickins

• Finding my feet
Reply #19 on: October 06, 2015, 12:40:44 PM
Lancaster always had my support until the World Cup. He's instilled a great culture but is guilty of being too loyal (Robshaw, Barritt) and he and his coaching team have been found technically/tactically miles off the pace. All compounded by his selection of Burgess after a handful of below average games - what message does this send out and what a slap in the face for Cipriani, Slade and Burrell.

Things got worse as he changed a winning team for the Wales game and England never recovered - so many mistakes and he seems way out of his depth. Sad to say it but he's had a fair chance, we've only ever finished 2nd under him in the 6 nations and it's time to bring in a proven world class coach at test level. Aren't many (if any) English candidates, Eddie Jones would get my vote.

The way we have played in parts over the last few years was really quite positive with, let's be honest, a good team but not any true world class players. We bottled it come World Cup time and reverted back to safe old England and it backfired.

Chief Selector

• Forum old hand
Reply #20 on: October 06, 2015, 02:22:15 PM
I cannot see them sacking him from the RFU, I think he will stand down as head coach but still be employed in some capacity. I am a fan and he has a lot to offer.....i think the pressure got to him and his management team. It all appeared to be going ok leading up to the World Cup but strange selections, not picking your best players instead of slapping their wrists, on field managements and poor substitutions cost us....

I want to see Rob Andrew go....jobs for the boys...he keeps appointing people, we don't win and he is Teflon.....

As for the future I really don't know because there is no stand out Englansh candidate. I am sure Gatland would take it but Jones has proved what outstanding coaching can do with e team like Japan. If they consider the likes of Mallender he is no better than Lanny. I think Baxter is the best English shout, the job he has done at Exeter is nothing short of outstanding...all that said if Sir Clive throws his hat in the ring it's his job, but I don't think he will......

Pristine Shorts

Reply #21 on: October 06, 2015, 02:39:21 PM
Spot-on, Barry. Chief - he has been paid shedloads for the pressure he has been under. His brief was simple - a great World Cup performance  - and he and his team failed in spectacular fashion. He's had 4 years for goodness' sake !

If he IS an honourable man, he should resign and take a sabbatical. Barrel and Rowntree too. If they don't resign, then the RFU has got to have the cojones to sack the lot of them.

Sir Clive would make a better job of sorting the mess out than Rob Andrew. Or maybe the RFU don't see it that way.

Burnsy

• Twitter
Reply #22 on: October 06, 2015, 02:44:13 PM
We lost by 3 points to Wales, and a very good Wallabies beat us. If these hadn't  of happened in the space of a week would we be calling for a sacking?

It's just unfortunate that it's 7 days apart and we're in a World Cup when its happened. Some of the things what went on isn't down to mis-management, the ability to catch and pass a ball is a players responsibility. Kicking to draw a game is a captains responsibility.

6 Nations Prediction League Winner Due To Botts Generosity 2011

The biggest downside of sudden unexpected death is being unable to delete your Internet search history.

Pristine Shorts

Reply #23 on: October 06, 2015, 02:51:53 PM
Agreed, Burnsy. But losing by 3 points to Wales from the position we were in was unforgivable. The Aussies beat us because basically, they are a world-class team and despite 4 years of preparation, England are not.

Sure, some of the individual players let themselves and everyone in the country down, but some of them shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Victorm

• Legend
Reply #24 on: October 07, 2015, 12:06:12 AM
Agreed Burnsy.
Also it is so, so easy for the likes of Woodward and many an ex-England international to spout in the press how it should have been done
after the event. Remember, Woodward failed miserably with the British and Irish Lions! As with all of us ex-players, the ex-internationals
(all making a good buck with their controversial comments) play even better than they ever did, from the press box or their seat in the stand!

Red Horseman

• Legend of the Game
  • Aquila non capit moscas.
LIFE IS TOO SHORT TO DRINK CHEAP WHISKY.

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #26 on: October 07, 2015, 11:37:44 AM
I personally would like to see him stay and rectify this.

It has been a massive failure (the WC) for England.  But as others have pointed out, it hasn't been all doom and gloom under Lancaster.

I think he got certain things wrong, but not as much as the players did - can you put the amount of penalties given away against Wales down to poor coaching??
Despite how well coached and looked after they are, they still need to go out there and play.  If they aren't up to it then they are going to (and did) come off 2nd best.

I might be out on my own here but throwing the baby out with the bath water is not the answer for me. 

Knock On

• Finding my feet
Reply #27 on: October 07, 2015, 12:29:07 PM
Too late anyway....

http://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/christian-group-warns-the-world-will-be-annihilated-on-wednesday/ar-AAfar4h?ocid=spartandhp

It mentions Revelation 14:10 so less than a couple of hours unless its not GMT and I've got a curry in the slow cooker for tea !!!

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #28 on: October 07, 2015, 12:29:23 PM
I think I'm just about in favour of keeping him. (On balance). However I think he needs to replace Mike Catt and possibility Roundtree....
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

Sycamore

• Legend
Reply #29 on: October 07, 2015, 12:58:02 PM
I'd send Barrel packin out of any of them.