$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; National Cup Rant

National Cup Rant

This is a discussion for the topic National Cup Rant on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: National Cup Rant  (Read 7037 times)

Muted Response

• A little respect please...
  • Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #15 on: February 02, 2016, 03:46:05 PM
Good question . . . . .
are Salem playing Durham City this weekend, or Scarborough at home

and WHY?

backrowbandit

• God
  • Jealousy is the tribute mediocrity pays to genius
Reply #16 on: February 02, 2016, 04:19:02 PM
I'm told that we are no longer playing BS. You will recall when this match was first postponed I suggested it should have been played on Jan 2nd. I could see at the time the likelihood of this happening - evidently no one else did!
Loving all rugby but especially at grassroots level.

old style prop

• anyone seen me tabs.
Reply #17 on: February 02, 2016, 04:24:46 PM
In answer to muted response - National Cup takes precedence over league games, league games take precedence over county cup games so if BS have National cup game that will be number 1 to be played and the league game will be postponed - roll on 12 team leagues and an easing of this fixture mayhem :)

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #18 on: February 02, 2016, 04:33:33 PM
In answer to muted response - National Cup takes precedence over league games, league games take precedence over county cup games so if BS have National cup game that will be number 1 to be played and the league game will be postponed - roll on 12 team leagues and an easing of this fixture mayhem :)

And you play out standing fixtures in th order they was cancelled right?

When was Moortown Ripon cancelled?
Our game against Ripon was scheduled for 12th Dec
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

WL XIII

• "Not even noon shadows pass through Death Valley"
Reply #19 on: February 02, 2016, 04:38:54 PM

And you play out standing fixtures in th order they was cancelled right?

When was Moortown Ripon cancelled?

Our game against Ripon was scheduled for 12th Dec

Ripon should have played Moortown in January, so by the rules we play Ripon this week.
Also it makes sense that we play them first as we have no spare weeks left.
It's not just people with triskaidekaphobia that should fear Outside Centres. Everyone should.

Occasus Leodis sumus creber

avinastella

Reply #20 on: February 02, 2016, 05:00:15 PM
We didn't select ourselves to be drawn in the cup...

There is no difference if its down to injury and genuine lack of players (which I cant really see how you avoid)

you get entered automatically into the shield and were able to play the match against Yarnbury the first time around but it was called off... We had a 15 + replacements, but no front row replacements 2nd time around... what were we supposed to do about that? not our choice and out of our hands. we had played over 30 games by that point in the season remember.

I'll put my house on it that its purely the fact they don't want to play us either because they don't want to accumulate injuries because they are going for promotion or they see it as a foregone conclusion and CBA...

I simply pointed out you were guilty of similar last year. Not trying to pick an argument. Like i said, they entered the competition willingly, therefore they should play the games accordingly.

Oh, and the Shield is by invite, All eligble Clubs are invited (apart from those the committee have sent to the naughty corner), the clubs are all able to decline said invite. Hence the frustration of the committee when clubs don't honour the fixtures (for whatever reason).
"Bother!" said Pooh, as he found his smack had talc in it.

avinastella

Reply #21 on: February 02, 2016, 05:05:13 PM
I'm told that we are no longer playing BS. You will recall when this match was first postponed I suggested it should have been played on Jan 2nd. I could see at the time the likelihood of this happening - evidently no one else did!
BRB, we proposed playing the fixture on the 2nd of Jan but got no take up on it. The 2nd was technically not a recognised weekend but we knew the fixture backlog that was likely so tried to take steps to avoid the backlog building up.
I'm told, we enquired about playing the Shield fixture but got no take up on that either.

avinastella

Reply #22 on: February 02, 2016, 09:03:31 PM
Comment from the D&N forum gives some insight into why the 'cry offs' occurred.

The way the levels are determined is part of it.  In D&N they only go down to Level 9, Yorkshire to Level 11.  The Junior Vase (Level 9) representative for Durham is the winner of the Durham Plate -competed for by the 6 lowest ranked teams in the County (approximately the bottom 2/3 of D&N 3) - if they qualify they play a team from the top half of Yorkshire 3 - which is equivalent to the top of D&N 2 or maybe even the bottom of D&N 1.

There are only 2 Level 9 clubs in Northumberland at the moment so it's always Seghill or Prudhoe. (Might be different next season!)

Shirt filler

Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 02:19:44 PM
So they have bottled it. What happened to players wanting to test themselves? At our level this is likely the only route/chance you get to play at Twickenham.

Muted Response

• Calm on the surface, but paddling like crazy below
Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 08:03:20 PM
In that case why do D&N1 supply a team into NE1??

avinastella

Reply #25 on: February 03, 2016, 08:37:14 PM
In that case why do D&N1 supply a team into NE1??
Because in the play off their team beat Malton?