$txt['mentions'] = 'Mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_removeMentions'] = 'Remove seen mentions'; $txt['scheduled_task_desc_removeMentions'] = 'Automatically removes seen mentions older than the specified days'; Results 06.02.2016

Results 06.02.2016

This is a discussion for the topic Results 06.02.2016 on the board Yorkshire 2 .

Author Topic: Results 06.02.2016  (Read 3713 times)

leg

• Legend
on: February 06, 2016, 07:09:33 PM
Town 34 Ripon 15
Excellent game in very difficult conditions. Town raced into the lead with some lovely handling for some slick tries and at half time 20+ up it looked all over. But fair play to Ripon they came back and fought and it was a far more equal second half. An excellent game in awful conditions. Excellent reffing performance too.

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 07:36:36 PM
Grovians 24-6 Barnsley, excellent game in the conditions, end to end Barnsley just couldn't get over the line.

Massive win for us given the other results.

riplad

• Finding my feet
Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 08:09:03 PM
Town v Ripon good game lost in first half really towns backs the difference today

Ripit

• Forum old hand
Reply #3 on: February 06, 2016, 09:41:43 PM
Good game at Moortown today.  I even got on for 10 minutes lol

All the hype about the kiwi imports didn't materialise.  Although the Moortown winger was very fast and scored at least 2 trys?  Well above Yorkshire 2 standards!

As Leg said, Moortown raced into a good lead at halftime. Although our pack was equal to theirs.  Second half was more even and ended up 12-12.

See you next season!  If I havent retired by then!

Radio Gnome

• Legend
  • I, for one, like Roman numerals.
Reply #4 on: February 08, 2016, 09:02:42 AM
Refereed Keighley v Old Rishworthians on Saturday.

Venue changed to Keighley (original game postponed from 21st Nov - OR v Keighley)

Some enterprising Rugby played despite the conditions. Game was well contested for good periods but Keighley's powerful midfield (well supported by their back-row) proved the main difference. No issues with the scrum at all (despite the underfoot conditions) which is testimony to players at this level who still consider the scrum as a contest unlike their elite colleagues who see it as a means of generating penalties. Finished 41-6 or 6-41 depending how you look at it.

Thanks to Will and Fraser and their teams for the game and the good folk at KRUFC for the chats, the corn-beef hash and the Goose Eye.

Good Luck to both teams for the rest of the season.
Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
That I got no cerebellum -  Ramones 1977

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #5 on: February 08, 2016, 09:44:42 AM
Grovians 24-6 Barnsley, excellent game in the conditions, end to end Barnsley just couldn't get over the line.

I'd have to agree with you mate.  Nothing in it at half time and looked like game on, couple of injuries at half time for us and that was it.  We couldn't capitalise and get over the line. 
I have to say though you boys wanted it more, just that bit of extra want made the difference. 

Good luck for the rest of the season pal.

Breakwell15

• Forum old hand
  • West Leeds 15
Reply #6 on: February 08, 2016, 10:15:01 AM
Barnsley another weird result. Taking steps forward then struggling against Grovians?

hobbo

• Legend
Reply #7 on: February 08, 2016, 11:22:30 AM
Barnsley another weird result. Taking steps forward then struggling against Grovians?

Yes mate, certainly doesn't make for good reading does it?  I think 'weird' is probably a polite way of putting it. 

I think at the end of the day it boiled down to that bit of want and desire and Groves had that.  We looked to try and keep the game tight and the two lads we lost at half time tend to be quite effective in those exchanges so that didn't help. 

Dan Nulty

• Legend
Reply #8 on: February 08, 2016, 11:46:04 AM

I'd have to agree with you mate.  Nothing in it at half time and looked like game on, couple of injuries at half time for us and that was it.  We couldn't capitalise and get over the line. 
I have to say though you boys wanted it more, just that bit of extra want made the difference. 

Good luck for the rest of the season pal.

Cheers Hobbo, fingers crossed we'll both have enough not to be in trouble.

I think we were just that bit more desperate for a win as you say.  Good luck, onto West Leeds this week and really looking forward to it, they gave us a real lesson at home earlier on in the season.

Radio Gnome

• Legend
  • I, for one, like Roman numerals.
Reply #9 on: February 08, 2016, 12:25:44 PM
I refereed OGs just before Christmas and after speaking to Dan N afterwards he suggested that the team that played that day was the closest thing to a "First XV" they had managed to put out that season. Based on staying injury free (a big ask) and their performance that day he suggested they would eventually start to pick up (enough) wins which is what appears to have happened against Barnsley. I think at the time the game was played they were 2nd/3rd from bottom. I know they are currently 4th from bottom but are very much in touch with the teams above them with games in hand (which they need to pick up points in obviously).
Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
That I got no cerebellum -  Ramones 1977